We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Trouble getting into the MTC Gallery [Resolved]

WashiMadWashiMad Member Posts: 13
edited May 2016 in Resolved Issues
I just did a post asking about this then saw this window ...so here I go again. What would be a couple of "search terms" that I may try. I just want to take a look around and not sure yet what I am looking for. I got into the gallery once using "birthday" as a search term then "cards and envelops" then User ID I think but then a window came up saying that MTC was having a serious problem and had to quit ???

still trying,
Washimad
Post edited by Gabe on

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,574
    edited May 2016
    Not sure I can offer much advise on MTC crashing
        ensure you drivers are up to date
    are you using WIndows 7,8,10 or Mac?

But as far as browsing the Gallery
    There are over 14500 files in the Gallery so a bit much to just browse through

You don't have to fill all the boxes in Just the Search Term in enough
    also I like to increase the Items Per Page to 30

Maybe the following might yeild some result you would like

Doily , Boarder , Box , Basket , Frame , edge
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    Also to add on to what Crazy_Mr_Zing noted, you can browse ALL the files simply by leaving the search term field blank as well.  This will let you look through ALL the files chronologically.  Yes, can take a while but a good way to "browse" if you are not sure "what" you are interested in trying to cut out.

One recommendation that I would offer to anyone doing a search in the Gallery is to change it to descending order rather than ascending (I think that is how its listed - not sure - MTC not on this computer.)  If you do descending order, it will give you the most recent files created and added to the MTC gallery.  In other words, it gives you the most recent and therefore newest additions first and progresses to the oldest additions.  If you leave it on ascending, it starts with the oldest files and progresses to the newest at the end of the search.  The reason I change it to descending first is not only are you getting the newest files, BUT since MTC has now been out for almost 6 1/2 years, the oldest files were created in the early stages of MTC before some of the more advanced tools and features were added so the newest files may be more "detailed," etc.

Doing an empty search term field in "descending" order will give you all the files, from the newest to the oldest in the gallery - may be what you want to do since you indicate that you just want to look around and are not sure what you are looking for (sometimes  I don't know until I see it!)

Not sure about the crashing.  The MTC gallery is out in a cloud based system and uses IE to access it from your computer (on a PC) - can also be access from a Mac - assume it is using Safari). More details as to which computer system you are using as Crazy_Mr_Zing noted might be helpful to someone else who might be able to help you troubleshoot that problem.  If it continues, I would suggest that you log a support ticket with MTC directly to see if they have some information on that issue.  It is not a common one I have seen come up here on the forum as I recall.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • WashiMadWashiMad Member Posts: 13
    Once again my thanks to Crazy_Mr_Zing and MeFlick for your help !

I am on a Mac OS 10.6.8 and use FireFox search engine. I will soon be going to OS 7.5. and then likely be using Safari. True the gallery is huge so browsing it all is nuts.
    After I posted I went to Your Masterpieces and looked at Julie Flanagan's video where I saw how she accessed the gallery. And I tried again - successfully.
    So now with all this I'm sure I will be fine.
    Still working out cutting washi with the cutter ...more to come later

Washimad
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    OK I'll ask - whats washi?

Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,521
    @Di-lite - better known as washi tape, it has Japanese origins, a sticky tape made of different natural products. see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washi
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,574
    Di-lite said:
    OK I'll ask - whats washi?

I was puzzled to Di as I kept seeing so much washi tape in the stores ?

I think on a whole washi is a type of handmade paper originating in Japan
    Although maybe its a little generic-ised these days

The word "washi" comes from wa 'Japanese' and shi 'paper'
    Washi (和紙?) is a style of paper that was first made in Japan. Washi is commonly made using fibers from the bark of the gampi tree, the mitsumata shrub (Edgeworthia chrysantha), or the paper mulberry, but also can be made using bamboo, hemp, rice, and wheat. The word "washi" comes from wa 'Japanese' and shi 'paper', and the term is used to describe paper made by hand in the traditional manner.[1] Washi is one of UNESCO’s Intangible cultural heritage objects.[2] Washi is generally tougher than ordinary paper made from wood pulp, and is used in many traditional arts. Origami, Shodo, and Ukiyo-e were all produced using washi. Washi was also used to make various everyday goods like clothes, household goods, and toys as well as vestments and ritual objects for Shinto priests and statues of Buddha. It was even used to make wreaths that were given to winners in the 1998 Winter Paralympics. Several kinds of washi, referred to collectively as Japanese tissue, are used in the conservation and mending of books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washi

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    Wow that's a lot of information - guess what I've got a whole load of that type of paper giant sheets in a halve dozen different colours.  Never found a use for it but its lovely stuff keeping it for when I need an inlay - particularly for lanterns.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!