We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Photo Trace Weld [Resolved]

CharoCharo Member Posts: 753
edited May 2016 in Resolved Issues
For the first time I was able to follow @leslie6111's instructions on how to pixel trace a photo into MTC successfully.  Then I copied it, flipped it, and wanted to weld it together so I would have a picture that would stand.  When I welded (tried bouleen join too) one of the photos reverted to part of the background of the original photo.  How can that be when the background is long gone?
Post edited by Gabe on
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,575
    This is how I understand it
    it's because the background (original image)  it not long gone it just hidden behind a white mask so when you weld on a the other shape you alter the mask so it shows some more of the original image

try copying and fliping and position the upside-down piece where you want it
    select both and do a texture snap shot

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 753
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing it worked!!!  Thank you very much.  I still do not understand exactly what texture snapshot does; think I'd better go searching on webinar sessions and see what I can find.  
    Member 30818
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,575
    My understanding of that and many other things in MTC is fuzzy to
    I just accept that it works  
    My thinking on texture snapshot as like taking a photo of the visible textures in (the parts of the image that you can see) the result being a new texture
    see clear as mud

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!