We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

HELP - Zing Not Cutting Correctly (Resolved)

PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,235
edited February 2016 in Resolved Issues
Have a major problem. Started working on a project this morning and noticed my Zing was not cutting (blade holder lifting) in certain areas of my file. Figuring it my be the purchase file, I made a file up of squares and rectangles. It does the same thing. Have attached my Test File and a photo of the areas not cutting. The pink highlighted area in photo is were it did cut. Also have restarted computer, MTC, and the Zing. I even unplugged the Zing (both cables) for about 5 minutes. Made no difference. In the test MTC file there are 2 pages. One page for all connected squares and rectangles (file I cut from) and second page is showing where it isn't cutting.

If someone could help me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by SBryanW on
Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,521
    @Penny - this not something that can be done by any of us. You need to contact KNKUSA.com, you can start a ticket online, but I would call them first thing in the morning, they are in FL.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,235
    Thanks @Liz_A That is what I thought. Will start ticket and call them in the morning.
    @Liz_A Called them this morning. Part is already in the mail. Great company to work with. Thanks again Liz.
    @Penny - that is awesome, you'll be happy cutting again soon!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • MHeadleyMHeadley Member Posts: 128
    I just posted a ticket this evening as my machine was doing the same thing. At first I thought I was crazy and I'm glad I checked out this post! I'm sad that I can't cut my projects tonight but have always been impressed by how KNK has handled any of my questions/needs.

Hopefully mine is an easy fix like yours!
    @MHeadley They were very good to work with. I should have my part by the end of the week. Hubby will have to change it out. If you call them in the morning, make sure you have your support ticket number. It is in the email you will get from them.
    @Liz_A Up and running again. Hubby put the part in yesterday - did a test and everything is now cutting fine. Thanks again Liz for all your help.
    @Penny - great news, glad to hear it! Happy Cutting!!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    So glad to hear that your are back up and "zinging" along Penny. Great customer service from KNK. Great Hubby too! :wink:
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!