We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Loud buzzing [Resolved]

LYoulLYoul Member Posts: 3
edited February 2016 in Resolved Issues
Hi there,
have finally got around to using my zing, but when I turn it on it makes a loud buzzing sound when the blade carriage reaches the right hand side. I have already removed the black tabs that were there. Any reason it would be making this sound?
Thanks
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,574
    edited January 2016
    Welcome to the Forum
    You can create a support request by following this link knkusa.com/support-ticket-request/

I'm no expert but will follow with a few questions the answers may help those that are determine the problem

I would leave the power off until you receive further advise

Are you certain there is no other packing materials in the path of the carriage ?

It is definitely a buzzing not the sound of the cooling fan ?

You will see on both the left and right side are little red buttons I guess you could describe them as carriage overtravel stop buttons ?

With the power off you should be able to the carriage back and forth quite freely using your hand - even to the point of the carriage clicking the red buttons (be certain the power is off while checking this)

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • LYoulLYoul Member Posts: 3
    thanks, I have done this. I cant see any other packaging. it isn't the fan. its like it is hitting the red overtravel button and just bouncing on it almost. with the power off I can feel both red buttons move as I believe they should.
    I have put in a service ticket. hope to get an answer soon. Thanks for replying.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,594
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing, they're called limit switches. @LYoul - a support ticket is the way to go. But they're located in Florida and they've had some bad storms in their area. Last report I saw was that a power transformer that supplies power to their building actually exploded. I haven't heard if that has been fixed yet. I'm sure they'll respond as soon as they're able.
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,293
    Check to see if it is really hitting the button (and depressing it), or if it is hitting the plastic piece that holds the lid in place (on mine those "bumpers" are clear plastic). If the carriage can't hit that red button, it will continue to try, but it can't move any further.
  • SteveC00kSteveC00k Member Posts: 128
    The noise is the belt trying to move. If you let it continue it will eat the teeth in the belt. The others are correct if the limit switch is not being pressed or if a wire has come loose from the switch.
  • LYoulLYoul Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone. the limit switch was broken. they sent me a new part and i'm excited to say I replaced it myself and it now works.....now to get cutting!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    Sorry your limit switch was broken - glad they were able to figure out with you the issue, send you a new part and you were able to replace it and it now works. Kudos to you and KNK for their prompt assistance. Look forward to seeing the things you create with your cutter. Thanks for coming back and give us an update.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!