We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Why do I get these results? SOLVED Thanks!

bigbillbigbill Member Posts: 370
edited January 2016 in Resolved Issues
I am hoping someone can tell me why I am getting the results I get in this attached MTC file.
This is the logo I have been working on. It should show an black arch with white openings., Black lettering, on a white background with a black ring around it and another white ring outside that. I made the logo and put 3 circles around it using shadow. As you can see the width and height of the inner circle are the same My questions are :
(1) why don't the outer 2 rings not each have equal width and height?
(2) why does the outer circle, when selected, show one side of the selection area considerably outside the actual picked circle yet the others don't seem to when they are selected?
(3) how do I get the fill to show as I described above (mainly white in holes of arch and the outer ring white with the next to that outer ring black?
(4) How do I get the cutting time reduced? right now it takes about 20 minutes to cut each logo. I tried autosimplify but it changes the dimensions. ( even the circle that currently has equal width and height changes to unequal)

Thanks in advance
Bill
Post edited by bigbill on

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,380
    @bigbill you outer circles were uneven so I fixed that. You had the inner one with the design twice so I got rid of one. Why - Don't know what you did, but will this help. Not having multiple circles on top of each other will help with cutting time.
    Oh I changed the colors of the layers so I could see them, easy to change them back to black and white if you need them that way.
  • bigbillbigbill Member Posts: 370
    @leslie6111 Thanks I made the circles using shadow from the inner circle so I don't know why they wouldn't be equal around. How did you fix them? and how did you get the colors I tried everything ( I thought) and couldn't get the colors in the correct location. Now I was able to change it to black and white in the correct positions on the one you sent me back. Also how do you know when there is duplicate lines?
    @leslie6111 I notice on the logo you sent back that if you turn on all three layers then open each one (one at a time) that the middle layer shows the dotted parameter line extending outside the circle on the right side like it did on mine. Any idea why this is happening?
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,525
    @bigbill, the middle circle is not like the others, it has extra nodes in it, go to Node edit mode and mouse with the Edit Paths at node level tool there are 2 extra bits on the bottom right quandrant of the circle. A properly created circle should only have 4 paths to it. I would recreate it from the Basic Shape.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    @bigbill sorry, didn't look at the circles closely, just resized them - do as @Liz_A says and just get them the same size from basic shapes if that is an issue. Since you design with autosimplify checked - you are getting weird artifacts maybe.

In this file I changed out all the circles since the other 2 also has extra nodes. Made it black and white for you also.

Initially, I broke everything to see why shapes weren't filling and as I suspected you had shapes on top of each other causing your logo not to be filled. I deleted the duplicates and put things on their own layers to see what you had.

It is not hard to inadvertently duplicate to put shapes on top of each other and then hit join.
    @leslie6111 and @Liz_A
    Thanks for the time and help I have it ready to cut now because of both of you.
    Just a note I had already changed it to Black and White because the white is vinyl and the black is the window it sticks on. Now when I see how you did it white and black it would also look good that way on their white karate suits

Thanks again
    Bill
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,525
    @bigbill - you need to show and tell when its all done :)
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!