We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

inner shadow to create a frame [Resolved]

Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
edited January 2016 in Resolved Issues
I'm attaching a file from a series that I am working on. I want to put a shadow border inside the frame mirroring the inner shape. I can do the outside as you can see but I want to put one inside following the inside contours. Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. I can do it in Serif Draw but it's hard work to maneuver round all the curves etc.
For those of you who were following my birdcage post - I'm nearly there - I've design 7 types and still have two to test and then I will be posting all seven up into the gallery along with a post in the forum with photos. I find it difficult to work with so many pieces but I am slowly resolving the issues and overcoming the engineering. Still have to make a swing as well as figure out how to attach a perch inside!! My eyes keep getting double vision with the intricate patterns which doesn't help. I will get there shortly though. Every door handle in my studio has a prototype hanging from it and I am running out of space on my table as well!!
Post edited by SBryanW on
Have fun, Di, ID 14610
UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
Feel free to use anything in these links.

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    edited January 2016
    Hey @Di-lite - haven't had a chance to look at your actual file because no MTC on the family computer I am presently on. However, wanted to note that you can do a smaller "inset" shadow of an object by entering a negative number inside the shadow box. Have you tried that yet?

Edited to add: Oops - just noticed after I clicked out and went through a few more threads that you had edited this one to say resolved so I must have missed that in my first perusal! Glad you got it resolved!
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,380
    Good morning Di @Di-lite . I would do a regular outset shadow. Break it - you get indside and outside. Keep the inside - and join it with a smaller version of the inner frame you made if you want a frame and not a solid insert. See my example.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    @leslie6111 I was being a nitwit and had blackout clicked. But your minus versions looks better then my grab the lot version - it looks tighter and neater!! Oh well I done lots now so people will just have to make the changes themselves.
    @MeFlick No worries your response is appreciated. I put the discussion up and then realised I was being silly. I knew it could be done and couldn't remember how - lazy I could have looked at the manual!!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!