We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Problems ordering [Resolved]

MaryBeeMaryBee Member Posts: 29
edited January 2016 in Resolved Issues
Hi there. I tried to order Make the Cut just now and got a message once I placed
my order "unable to verify the information you entered on the form is valid" I thought
I had possibly made a mistake and tried to order again. Anyone know what
might be going on and how to get my order placed?
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,574
    edited January 2016
    Welcome to the forum
    I guess silly question but did you check you didn't make a error entering the data

are you making payment via creditcard as the number/expiry date and csc code often all for part of a automated verification check so it essential there are all correct

apart you making a error in entering data I think only make the cut would be able to assist

you could create a support ticket here http://www.make-the-cut.com/Support/
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MaryBeeMaryBee Member Posts: 29
    Thank you. Yes it was all correct. :)

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    I guess the first question is have you gotten this resolved?

Second one is from where (link is helpful) were you trying to order MTC from? I would suggest that you order it directly from MTC's home website found here:https://www.make-the-cut.com/Order.aspx?ref=lp

If that was where you were having issues then I would suggest that you do as Crazy_Mr_Zing suggested and contact MTC's official support page for help. (This is primarily a user's helping users support forum and is not regularly monitored by "official" MTC personnel since it is a "mom and pop" shop.

Also, are you in the USA or outside of the USA? I think sometimes people outside have issues with the order information needed.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    Hi. No I have not got it resolved. I am in the USA, tried to order again off the website you listed above (that is where I previously ordered) I have sent them a
    support ticket and have not heard back yet. Almost ready to just order SCAL.

I just got my Silhouette Cameo yesterday and I am beyond frustrated. I cannot get the Silhouette Studio to work on my windows 7 computer. Spent 6 hours yesterday trying to get it to work, there tech help was useless so I gave up and decided to try a different avenue with either SCAL or MTC. I have tested both out and they work find on my computer, so I decided to purchase the MTC and now I cannot even get a simple order to go thru so I am beginning to lose my "happiness" with a new machine. I appreciate everyones help and hopefully someone from the company will respond in a timely manner so I can get up and running and play with my new machine.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,380
    edited January 2016
    @MaryBee I think you will be happier in the long run with MTC than with SCAL. MTC is a lot easier to use and there is more documentation and instruction on use. You also do not have to pay for each new version. Check your credit card and see if the purchase went thru. If the purchase didn't go thru try again with a different browser.
    Ok. I will give it a try. :)
    Well, using a different browser did not help. UGH.
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 853
    Hi @MaryBee, I hope you have it resolved. If not, could it be your EMail address? My email is my name @luckymail.com (which is just another name AOL uses), but I get that error code because not many places recognize it as a valid email. Sometimes the error also says that email does not exist also.
    Sounds like you tried the "trial version", does the info you used to order match the info you used for the trial version? That could be it also.
    I must say MTC will be worth the wait, there is so much ongoing support here you will be very pleased. I had SCAL, but never learned to fully use it because it did not have the the whole team we have here. Best wishes and welcome to the forum. ~Diane
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    edited January 2016
    Just a thought did you check your spam mail as it might have got lost in there. I've never heard of anyone having difficulties with this. @SBryanW will be along shortly and he may have a suggestion for you. Don't lose heart we're rooting for you and will get you up an running as soon as possible.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    edited January 2016
    Thanks everyone! My email info seems ok (I use gmail) and what I used for the trial and I just tried to place an order again going thru paypal but still get the same message of: "unable to verify the information you entered on the form is valid" I am at
    a loss. :(
    @MaryBee does that info match your Pay Pal info? ~Diane
    @MaryBee could it be your browser? Sometimes when trying to log on to a secure site the browser can be having its own problems or just not be compatible. I use firefox on my computer, Chrome on my phone but still have problems with some sites as I have to use Internet Explorer. Maybe try switching browsers it might help.
    Also, did MTC send a confirmation of sorts to your email from the trial version, it could be in your spam folder, maybe you need to respond? ~Diane
    I have tried Firefox and Chrome. Yes, my paypal information is the same. I do not remember registering the trial and I do not have any emails from MTC in my spam folder. I do not have any email from MTC for anything.

Would it help if I un-installed the trial and then add it again?
    @MaryBee That's a possibility but when @SBryanW gets on he will be able to give you explicit instructions on what you need to do. I know it's frustrating and you want to get going but Bryan works and only has a little time to help resolve your issue but he will. Patience is a virtue (I don't have any) so I know how you feel. He will definitely be on shortly as he will be doing the webinar I think.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    @MaryBee, try this first, open up the trial version, go to help on the top and click on "register" make the cut, it may let you buy it from there. ~Diane
    Thank you 1cardcreator I have already tried that. :(
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    I responded to your ticket...
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
    Thank you Andy, I sent back a response. No luck so far.
    @MaryBee There is a possibility that the MTC website might be down, that can happen to even large companies so it could be a possibility here. All I can say is that I would hate to see you give up and go to SCAL, you will kick yourself in the future, I used that software with my old cutter before I bought my Zing, the support here alone makes it worth it. Plenty of people willing to help you. I am sure you are anxious to get things going, but hang in there till someone can help. I'm sure @SBryanW will come on soon to give you a hand. ~Diane
    I am trying to stay patient but I am so frustrated!
    @MaryBee, hang in there, its worth the wait! I see @Andy (owner) is working with you now, I'm sure he is working to get it all resolved for you. Cant't wait till you are up and running. ~Diane
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,521
    @MaryBee - are you getting this message when the process brings up the Paypal login page or do you get it immediately after you click the PayPal check out button?
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    Would it worth trying ordering though the knk website http://knkusa.com/product/make-the-cut/
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    edited January 2016
    As soon as I click on the Buy button, it takes me to a page that says
    this:
    Dear Customer,
    We were unable to verify that the information you entered on the order form is valid.
    If you have not received notification within 24 hours, please contact our customer service department for assistance.
    For reference, your order id is 3DBCE

I have used Chrome, Firefox, IE to try and place the order. I have tried with
    2 different credit cards that are valid from the US. I have tried thru my
    Paypal account. I will also add that it does not give me an option to fix
    what ever it does not like on the form, just takes me to the (order failed) page.
    I have placed orders thru other websites today using
    the same credit card and the order went thru fine....so I am at a loss
    here with not much help from customer support at this point.
    I hope they can get it sorted for you quickly
    maybe its a issue with a 3rd payment processor
    I THINK? you can open you original support ticket and add that extra information
    at this link http://www.make-the-cut.com/Support/
  • anewanew Member Posts: 65
    @MaryBee - I assume that the address information you entered matches what is on file with your credit card company, if it does not that could be the problem. Also I remember seeing on another website that My Commerce will sometimes block certain IP addresses, so you might try using a computer at a friends house to see if that is the problem.
    Annette in Utah, KNK Force and Silhouette Cameo
    Thank you. I have already sent the information to support, they have not got back to me. I don't have another computer to use, maybe my tablet I might try that.
    Otherwise, I will just go elsewhere as I am tired of fighting this situation with little help from customer service. I do appreciate everyone's help here on this forum and I am greatful to you all. I was hoping customer service would call and take my credit card info over the phone possibly but they don't even get back to me with email or only once thru the support on the website. Oh well.
    Well....can't order thru the phone without getting the same error so I
    will assume at this point it is a website error or with the 3rd party and
    should be addressed on that end.
    edited January 2016
    @MaryBee, sorry to hear you are having such problems, it really is an unusual situation, it looks like @Andy has responded earlier to your support ticket, I realize also it looks like it was not resolved as yet. It may be a problem with the "automated response", I know that computer software does not go out manually so it may be more difficult than we realize to stick our "manual hand" into the pot more or less to straighten out a glitch in the system, I am sure he is contacting people and probably waiting for answers himself.
    I do hope your patience wins out as you will be very happy with the program. Not sure if it would help to reach out to @SandyMcC, as she may be able to help, but it looks like your order has been placed if you have a message stating "For reference, your order id is 3DBCE." I am sure someone will be able to help you shortly. I can only reiterate, it is worth the wait, MTC is an awesome program that you will love. ~Diane
    Post edited by 1cardcreator on
    Thanks so much everyone, I am still "hanging on" in hopes of a resolution.
    :)
    I am happy to report that this problem has been resolved and I am
    now a registered user and ready to start learning how to use the
    program!
    Welcome aboard hope you enjoy the journey

if you need help you only need to ask on the forum
    its always a good idea to mention what cutter you using and a picture often says 1000 words so if you can attach the MTC or a Screen capture of your project its help for people to see just what you working on

as you have been dabbling with MTC I'm guessing you have the user manual

if not here is the info

KNK Zing and Zing Air User Manual

Chapters 1, 2, 9 and 10 are specific to the KNK Zing and Zing Air. Chapters 3 – 8 are Make The Cut only and will be useful to all owners of Make The Cut software.

iloveknk.com/support/user-manuals/zing-user-manuals/
    @MaryBee so glad you were able to get it all figured out, I know you will love it. ~ Diane
    @MaryBee In British colloquialism "What a palava" - Oh boy was that some hassle and a very long frustrating journey. So glad you managed to stay on course and get MTC up and running. Shout for any help you need and we will all come running. We'll probably swamp you with help but we are all enthusiastic crafters so are on your side. Have lots of fun.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • twitbobtwitbob Member Posts: 509
    edited January 2016
    a very long frustrating journey?
    ....and all resolved within one day. I think a wee bit of patience is called for, don't you? Now, if this took a week to resolve I would be jumping up and down, but a day or two? .... and breath.... breath............ breath. That's better. The wood through the trees has just popped into crystal clear view.... PING!

TwitOfWiseDribble
    No one knows his real strength till it is put to the test; the highest joy in life is to discover that the soul can meet the test, and survive it.
    @twitbob Just love you sign offs. This one is a cracker!!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    I afraid I have a short patience when I want it I want It NOW.
    When i order something online once I get the shipping number I start checking the progress online I'm almost OCD about it. could be weeks away still i check everyday in-case it somehow was shipped through a time portal lol
    MaryBee said:

I am happy to report that this problem has been resolved and I am
    now a registered user and ready to start learning how to use the
    program!

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved and you are now a new registered user of MTC. Let us know if there is anything we can help answer.

For future "reference" - in case anyone else encounters your problem trying to "buy" the program - can you tell us what the issue was causing the problem for you and how it was resolved? That way we can point people in a better direction or should they be searching the forum for help - they will find the answer here. Thanks. :smile:
    Go Vols!
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,293
    MeFlick said:

...For future "reference" - in case anyone else encounters your problem trying to "buy" the program - can you tell us what the issue was causing the problem for you and how it was resolved?...

We believe the issue was at the MyCommerce site itself. Andy worked with MaryBee through the support ticket to get her going as soon as possible without having to waiting for MyCommerce's support. I haven't heard of anyone else having this particular problem, but if it starts occurring more often, we will have to work with MyCommerce to figure out what the problem on their end is. If anyone else runs into this issue, they should open a support ticket with Make The Cut! and give as much detailed information as possible. Then we will work with them to resolve the problem through the ticket system.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,594
    @MaryBee, I don't believe you mentioned what type of cutter you're using. So what do you have?
    Thanks Bryan. Like you, I hadn't really seen anyone have such a problem in the past so wanted to make sure we knew where to point people to for proper help. Hopefully it was a random thing with MyCommerce.
    Go Vols!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!