We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

slicing a circle what am I doing wrong? [Resolved]

Sarahsmom85Sarahsmom85 Member Posts: 69
edited December 2015 in Resolved Issues
I am hoping this is an easy fix. I am trying to slice a Mickey head, to make it look like it has shorts. I am using the draw bezier tool, I am holding against the edge and right click and then go to the other edge and left click to make the line but it doesn't cut it make a line that is not connected. what do I need to do? to cut it in half?
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,521
    @Sarahsmom85 use the Slice shapes tool tool at the bottom, second from last. The one you are using draws shapes not cuts them.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    You would not use the bezier tool to slice something in half to separate it. That tool simply draws a line or connects two open nodes with a line. In order to "slice" an object like you are wanting, you could use either the knife tool or the eraser tool. I would use the knife tool.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Sarahsmom85Sarahsmom85 Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2015
    when I use the knife it does slice it now I have to close it. what tool do I use to do that. Sorry I have had this for a long time but I most cut pre cut items.
  • Sarahsmom85Sarahsmom85 Member Posts: 69
    never mind I got it. Thanks
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    edited December 2015

when I use the knife it does slice it now I have to close it. what tool do I use to do that. Sorry I have had this for a long time but I most cut pre cut items.

Glad you got it figured out, sorry I didn't explain that part. Assumed you would know I guess. Will add for others who might not know, once you split with the knife, you separate the two sections apart then you would use the bezier tool to close the shape by putting your new line between your open nodes.

For more specific details and help in learning the node editing tools like the bezier tool, knife tool, and others I recommend that users be sure to check out the manual. It can be accessed From within Make The Cut, if you go to Help > Instruction and Tutorials. That will bring up a web page with links to the manual.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Calgalcre8sCalgalcre8s Member Posts: 2,901
    For anyone else who may not know where the Slice shapes tool is located, here is a visual:
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    I would have used the rubber set at thin to cut the two parts as it would also close the cuts in one move!! It's immediately above the knife and a very clever tool if you use the correct settings for it. Check the manual out and videos in it.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!