We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Glide and Slide card

walshsurveywalshsurvey Member Posts: 553
I created this card for Christmas I think it is pretty great mechanically, but design-wise it is flat. So today I am going to pump up the esthetics. If you have any suggestions let me know. Here is a quick video of it in motion:

I am attaching most of the Glide and slide card except the Mary, Joseph and Jesus. They are from Beccy's place and I am not free to distribute (I don't think).

Connie
I have my work cut out for me!
I am CutWoman - I just need the black spandex and ears.
Gallery ID: 20273

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    @walshsurvey
    Can't view your video as it says it's private. The card looks good - I'm guessing both parts move. I would suggest gold strips or pen around the edges (or stamp pad) to give it a framed look. Also if you've got any little angels pasted (stuck) on the up sides (not sure if you can get stick on angels the right size) so you might have to make them. Alternately cherubs. I wouldn't over decorate if I were you just one or two on the sides. Simple is often more impressive. I think glitter would be too much. Try the gold stamp pad on a small piece of card before applying to your master piece to see if you like the effect that it gives.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • walshsurveywalshsurvey Member Posts: 553
    edited November 2015
    Did I fix it, @Di-lite ?

Oh those suggestions sound sooooo, good. I am thinking about putting a banner behind the holy family. I was thinking of using gold foil and then putting words on top but I am not sure how I am going to put words on top of foil -- maybe black vinyl? I just looked it up and if I am using a black toner page, I create an object in the shape of a ribbon and then Join the words to it, then cut that out of the black toner page. I run that cutout through the machine with the foil and voila. This will be my first foil laminate project.

I am thinking of cutting it out of a colour other than white. What colour would you make it?
    Connie
    @walshsurvey
    Yep it's fixed - I hadn't realised it rolls as well. That makes it even more awesome. Not sure of a colour but would definitely keep it pastel maybe a very light blue. I think the gold foiled ribbon with words would look good. As I said previously keep it relatively simple not too much extra decoration or you will detract from the central characters which are great.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • craftyladycraftylady Member Posts: 193
    Why not a manger look? Posts on the side, wood on the back wall with a manger and some hay?
    Jan
    edited November 2015
    @ craftylady, I like it. So I can do that and then use di-lite's idea for keeping it simple. I don't know if I can make a roof but I can make the rest of it look manager like.
    Post edited by walshsurvey on
    Connie
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,571
    edited November 2015
    Very clever for some reason I think os the solar flower thingies ((flip flap flower) and now more recently any darn thing you can make move lol)

My :evil: suggestion is you could change the basic shape to more shapely as sugested a manger surround and decorate by print and cut

Oh oh my mind racing now the roof of you manger could be cut out from card from behind .
    sort of like this

I just had another a stage or theatre with figure dancing or a rock band maybe a ship
    Post edited by SBryanW on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @CrazyZing I love it. Or we could do the roof on the platform, as the angels would probably be above the roof.

I chose beige for sand and the yellow is hay and I couldn't find a wood texture on short notice so that is made of rattan. lol
    Connie
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,241
    Looks very nice. TFS may have to see if I can find some I me to give one a try from your file. TFS your file and pics for the "visual".
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    Now you guys are too clever - love it keping it simple makes it even more impressive. Like the roof over the nativity scene. Putting your foil word in will give structure to the rear and a little gold trim in ribbon effect on the pillars would complete the picture. Truly magnificent.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 853
    @walshsurvey, Here is a suggestion going back to the original card. What if you made Mary and Joseph larger and taller, turn the card around to face the other way, have baby Jesus in the manger and have him rocking in the manger? I like the angels also. ~Diane
    @1cardcreator Oh, that is so good and then the roof can be where it is supposed to be. And then on the lower level I can add wisemen and animals. Leave the little cherubs.

I think I might have many versions of the card.

Connie
    @walshsurvey - she's good ( @1cardcreator ) I think that's a great idea.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • yupyup Member Posts: 343
    Does this card fold flat for mailing? If so what size envelope? Would like to use mechanics of this rocking card to do a new baby style card. This has so many possibilities if it folds flat.
  • PaperCreationsPaperCreations Member Posts: 302
    Fantastic card. I love the way it moves.   Verrrrry clever design.  Thank you for sharing it with us.
    @yup, yes it folds flat. I don't have one in front of me so I don't know what size envelope sorry. But it can be scaled.
    Connie
  • yupyup Member Posts: 343
    Thank you @walshsurvey for posting this card, and for letting me know that it will fold flat. Like everyone else, I have a limited craft budget, and I like to ask before I use up my stash of special papers. Now I cant wait to try this!
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 753
    @walshsurvey  This is an amazing card.  I have never seen ANYTHING like it.  Thank you so much for sharing your stunning file.   I'm going to have to give this one a try.
    Member 30818
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!