We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC Crashes on Windows 10 [Resolved]

Christina28Christina28 Member Posts: 75
edited December 2015 in Resolved Issues
I can cut a basic shape in MTC and cut on KNK Maxx Air fine, but I cannot design or change the design without MTC first siezing up and then crashing. There must be an answer out there. I have re-installed drivers recommended.
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,471
    I'm afraid I can't help but it works OK in Windows 10 for me. It occasionally freezes but given a minute or two it recovers. A little information about your PC might help the gurus who know these things - e.g. memory, cpu, hard drive size. Each of these can limit Windows 10 if you have upgraded on an older machine.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    Hello I sure someone will be able to help
    Did you upgrade to windows 10 on you computer or is it New and came supplied with windows 10
    If you did upgrade check to see your video card driver is the latest version as supplied by the manufacturer of you computer as during the upgrade windows may have chosen a more generic driver
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,584
    Is this happening on every single project of yours or just one in particular? If it's just one, then upload the file here and explain what you are trying to do in the file. I upgraded to Windows 10 last July and haven't had any issues with crashing beyond the kinds of crashes I occasionally had with Windows 8.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Christina28Christina28 Member Posts: 75
    I have upgraded the video drivers because although it was a new laptop, I upgraded to window 10. It is ok if I just open a file and cut, but if I want to design, pixel trace or edit a design, it freezes for a while and then it crashes the program. ?????
    @Christina28 What is the memory on your laptop a minimum of 4g would give you a fighting chance but could still be less than you need for designing which is memory intensive. I have 4 g and it is hard pressed on my old machine which is even more slugged now I have Windows 10 on it. My new machine has 8 g and at times I have to wait for it to catch up. In extreme circumstances it will crash but only if I am asking it to trace an extremely large or very complex image. I think you might be asking a lot of your laptop. Hope that helps a little. MTC requires a reasonable graphics card as well as memory if you are to use it's full potential.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • kb25t17kb25t17 Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2015
    There could be other issues at work here besides Windows 10. You need to look and see if you have other applications running in the background. Many times there are automatic updaters running and launching themselves. As I use a lot of graphics programs I have all automatic updates shut off or scheduled for times when I am not actively working. There are many tutorials from microsoft and other places about how to minimize the number of programs that launch themselves when you turn on the computer. There is also sometimes an issue of cache size, sometimes that does need to be given more space for graphics programs. That is something you can investigate to find out what the recommended amount of cache space needed for running MTC is and what size of cache your computer has been set up with. Again, microsoft will provide you with a tutorial for how to increase that cache size if you need to do so.

Of course if it makes you nervous to attempt these changes yourself or even investigate them then hire a local computer repair firm to make changes for you. They can give you a computer tuneup to maximize your computer's performance and if needed and if possible increase the amount of RAM.
    @kb25t17 You give good advice much more succinct than I do. I can do these things when I have to but am not good at expressing it properly.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    edited December 2015
    @Christina28 when you say design are you talking a simple design or one with textures and or many shapes

as Sandy says it may help if you can attach the files
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Christina28Christina28 Member Posts: 75
    Thank you for you support everyone here. I think I have solved the problem. I was having other computer problems which resulted in me changing from Firefox web browser to IE. I can now use MTC, still freezes but only for a short time. This was after deleting out Firefox and all components associated with it.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,343
    @Christina28 - I believe that MTC needs IE for viewing the Gallery.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!