We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Unwanted cuts! [Resolved]

ledermixledermix Member Posts: 2
edited September 2015 in Resolved Issues
I'm a bit new to Zing, and whenever anything is sent to the machine, it places a small (5mm) cut at the origin (knife point mode). Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,379
    @ledermix One of those things you have to live with. The program does that whenever you set an offset. The cut is usually placed external to the cutting area.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    Hi @ledermix and welcome to the Make the Cut! (MTC) support forum. First, let me recommended that you edit your post and remove it from the "Resolved Issues" category and put it in the general category since your problem is clearly not resolved. (You can do this by hovering over the top right of your post where you will get the ability to click on an "edit" tool. Then just change the category.) This way it ensures it gets the most "looks" by everyone as not everyone will pay attention to a post that shows it is "resolved."

Second, if I recall correctly - there is a very small cut that is first cut to help the blade swivel in the right direction and correct it as needed. I know this has been discussed before here on the forum so you might do a search for related topics by using the search area which is in the top right area of the forum - white box in the grey area under the Blue MTC header with the Go button next to it.

Some really old related threads found using search box:
    http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/32383/blade-creates-extra-hole
    and http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/22193/zing-making-a-small-score-mark-on-paper-prior-to-cutting

I am sure there are others that can be found with the right search terms used.

I don't have a Zing so cannot help you specifically with that (although I don't think it is specific necessarily to the Zing. I've never had a real issue with it.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • ledermixledermix Member Posts: 2
    It seems lucky i put it in the resolved issues forum, because @MeFlick, @leslie6111 you have resolved my issue. It seems that my searching was using all the wrong terms. :) thanks heaps.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!