We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to import a photo into MTC for printing purposes (I don't want to vectorize it) [Resolved]

DukeFanDukeFan Member Posts: 1,650
edited September 2015 in Resolved Issues
I'm positive there's a way to do it. I'm trying my hand at sublimation, and i want to import a photo of our daughter to print for a phone case. I've downloaded and imported the phone case template, but I can't figure out how I get the photo in. I've tried to pixel trace and click "texturize path," but that isn't working.

Thanks for any help.
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    You would still need to bring it in at 255 on the pixel trace in addition to the "texturize path" being checked to get the photo in.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • DukeFanDukeFan Member Posts: 1,650
    I did that, and it didn't bring the photo in clearly at all.
  • DukeFanDukeFan Member Posts: 1,650
    aha! changing the mat to "contrast" helped a lot! lol
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,584
    Also, without even changing the mat color, if you just go to File>Print Preview, then you'll see how your image is actually going to print. But I also use Contrast like 95% of the time because I want to see, onscreen, something closer to "true". : )
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    DukeFan said:

I did that, and it didn't bring the photo in clearly at all.

DukeFan said:

aha! changing the mat to "contrast" helped a lot! lol

That is because you have probably forgotten that MTC is setup with "Image Caching" turned on by default (you can turn it off or on in the Help -->Advanced Menu.) With "Imaging Caching" on, MTC "fuzzes" up the image so that it doesn't take up a lot of system resources and bog down. As Sandy noted, you can always go to Print Preview to "see" how the image will actually look to print if "Image Caching" is on. That is what I do all the time - I seldom use the contrast mat (just got used to seeing without it so always use the "default" green mat. :w) If you prefer to "see" the image(s) in their "full glory" - you can always turn the "image caching" option off.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!