We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

What Tutorials Are You Interested in? (if any)

stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
edited January 2010 in General
Hi all,

In the next few days, I will start making additional tutorials but before I did, I wanted to get a feel for what everyone is interested in learning. Please see some of my ideas below, do these sound like things you want to know? If not, what are you interested in learning that is not here? Or, are you at a point where you are no longer interested in tutorials? Thanks so much for the feedback!!!

Coloring Page Technique Basics
-Cutting multi layered images and piecing them together
-Joining shapes to reduce paper piecing in multi layered images
-Finding more complex images that can be easily edited within MTC.
-Using the TWAIN button to import an image on MTC.
Coloring Page Technique Expanding Horizons
-Making a picture that is not ideal MTC ready by darkening lines.
-Making a picture that is not ideal MTC ready by whitening areas individually.
-Making a picture that is not ideal MTC ready by scaling and playing with entire picture at once.
-The complex and fun ride of making an actual photograph MTC ready.

Look forward to your responses!!

Comments

• The Biscuit ScrapsThe Biscuit Scraps Member Posts: 334
    Your list is perfect. Can't wait to see the videos and send people to them. All the video makers here are helping so many of us. Each one has a different way about them and gives us different ways to look and hear the information.

Thanks for all your contributions!

Carol
  • SharonS_579SharonS_579 Member Posts: 167
    How about the new shadowing feature
    Sharon Greenwood, Indiana
  • SheriSheri Member Posts: 539
    I need to learn everything as I have never used anything besides DS
  • PeakscrapperPeakscrapper Member Posts: 83
    That looks like a great list. Can't wait to see the tutorials!
  • caricari Member Posts: 221
    I would appreciate all of them as well...just learning all this...thanks!!!!!!!
  • stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
    Sharon -- have you seen this post? Are you looking for more or something different than that?

http://make-the-cut.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=366&page=1#Item_3

Other than that i am hearing people want what is listed, anyone else?
  • janthosjanthos Member Posts: 62
    What about a tutorial on making wordbooks? (I am still playing with the software as I am having to wait for payday to purchase:-))
  • GrandmaFridayGrandmaFriday Member Posts: 27
    I am so excited about the items on your list. I just bought MTC about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I want to learn everything I can.
    I am especially anxious to learn about turning a photo into an MTC image. I have two beautiful grandkids that I scrapbook for, and it would be amazing to use a picture of them as an MTC image.
    I do have trouble when I try to import an image with the twain. I haven't learned how to change the settings and have it come out looking like it should.
    I was trying to use spongebob, and he looks terrible.
    Thank you so much for helping us. You are truly a blessing!
  • magicmargemagicmarge Member Posts: 32
    Each and every one of your suggested topics would make a wonderful tutorial. I agree with the folks above, you are definitely a blessing to us all. Start with the first one and work your way down the list! :) I'm particularly interested in the coloring book technique.
    ;) Thanks so much, appreciate it and will start on these this week!! Have some other stuff in the works too!!
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Member Posts: 1,517
    stackyscraps -

I would REALLY be interested in the tuts towards the end of your list (i.e., making a sub-par image better in MTC for MTC purposes). Also, you might want to consider some very advanced topics like cutting fabric shapes with cricut and MTC. Cutting fabric with the cricut just by itself is pretty advanced, but throw in MTC in addition, that is way advanced. For instance, custom crops keeps a nice pattern for a cricut expression dust cover on their website. I was wondering if it is possible to take that pattern and translate it to an MTC cut on fabric, and then the pieces are sewn together. Same thing with shapes for quilts and so forth. The possibilities just blows my mind, and I get really sad sometimes that I cannot devote more time to MTC and cricutting (hey is that a new term - if so I want credit)!!!!

Pat
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
    Pat

Fabric could be fun, it is something that I want to look into in the long run for myself anyways, can you possibly send me a link to the pattern you are talking about from Custom Crops so I can play with it? It would be LONG after some of these other tutorials (so long you may have thought I forgot it but I won't) but I am hoping to be doing this for a LONG time and it sounds very interesting to me as well ;) Thanks so much, I love the idea!
  • goCricutgogoCricutgo Member Posts: 83
    Can hardly wait for your new tuts, I have so much to learn. Anyone else ready for new tutorials?? Any and all will be appreciated.
    edited January 2010
    Mine are coming soon along (hopefully the beginning of next week) with a brand new website!! It has been a labor of love but I am getting there!! I have had to elarn about 40 new things so just bear with me, I will have special stuff on there!! ;)
  • goCricutgogoCricutgo Member Posts: 83
    Thank you so much, I am looking forward to your website and learning!!!!
  • VinylandVectorsVinylandVectors Member Posts: 4,344
    Stacky...

I love your tutorial video ideas, but I was wondering if maybe I could help you by watching your videos and then taking them and turning them into pdf files, with screen shots, for those that need the written word in front of them. It's just a thought.....

Dana
  • craftydivacraftydiva Member Posts: 265
    what a good idea Dana, I ususally just make notes as I go along but that sounds excellent for those who like to see things step by step...
    hugs
    Karen
    Hey danasa and craftydiva - I think I have done what you are talking about on my website - check out http://stackyscraps.com/make-the-cut-video-written-tutorials and see if the PDF file there is what you are talking about.

Or are you saying you have seen the PDF and it is confusing to you and you would like to do a different one? ;) Just let me know.
  • VinylandVectorsVinylandVectors Member Posts: 4,344
    edited January 2010
    I saw it Stacky, it is very helpful indeed. I was just offering to help make the PDF files if you needed assistance. :), after you do the video of course.
    gotcha, I will most likely take you up on that, thanks for the offer!!!
  • cal8007cal8007 Member Posts: 206
    Stacky, I've been messing around with the align buttons, but I don't really understand them. It would be nice if you make a video on this :)

Thanks for all you do, I really appreciate such a great effort on your part!

Carmen Lucero
    cal - I will put it on my list for Tinytorial - there is I think only one ahead of it ;)
  • atlantis4569atlantis4569 Member Posts: 21
    I would LOVE to have a tutorial on how to make projects larger than 12x24"!!! That is what I've been trying to find out, and have requested instructions in several different forums. No one can seem to give me a straight answer, except for to use Illustrator which I don't have! I want/need to know this info!!! LOL, thanks in advance if you can do this for us! =)
    I can look into it but it would be down on the list a bit, do you have alink to an example someone has done??
  • aubreyaubrey Member Posts: 102
    Still learning MTC, but love, love, love your written tuts. Please continue them. I'm still stuck on using the print screen method. Just missing something, but I will get it. Thank heaven for the written word. I am too slow for the video tuts. Thanks for all the efforts from everyone involved in the tutorials. Much appreciated.
    Sure - glad you like them - what are you stuck on, maybe I can help!! Also, do you have Photoshop or the full version of Adobe Reader? Might have a shortcut for you if you do!!
  • annyvialsannyvials Member Posts: 24
    All of those tutorials you mentioned and janthos's one about the word books. I'm a beginner and "every little helps" as a large supermarket in the UK likes to say!!

Ann
    Thanks for the input Ann, working on them, top one on this list already up!!
  • AnnaJAnnaJ Member Posts: 5
    Just glad to know we will have some vidios.I need to learn all I can about this Program. Thanks Anna
  • wdrenthwdrenth Member Posts: 21
    I would love a tutorial on converting Open type fonts to the True Type Fonts. I recently purchased some fonts not knowing that they were the OTF ones and now I'm not sure what to do with them. Thanks for all of the info that your sharing to help us out.
  • lindaj36523lindaj36523 Member Posts: 210
    Yes this would be a very good one.. to understand the difference between the two
    Home is Where the Story Begins....
    wdrenth, I was working on that one earlier this week but it is being annoying ;) hearing your interest is pushing me back to looking into it!!
  • wdrenthwdrenth Member Posts: 21
    Thanks so much, I'll be checking back to see how it's working.:)
    OK, I have looked into it and finally figured it out!!!!!! Wooo hoooo, this will be my next one!!!!!! Should have it done byt he end of the week!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!