We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Newbie, trying to cut a box outline [Resolved]

lynusannlynusann Member Posts: 82
edited July 2015 in Resolved Issues
So my husband just bought me a zing air for my birthday yesterday and I've set the entire thing up, read through the vast majority of the 250+ page manual (my eyeballs were bleeding last night), and watched an obscene amount of tutorial videos. I have the absolute basics down *I think*. I've only experimented with the pen tool though at the moment but I would really like to cut a particular box and I seem to be completely missing the mark on getting into MTC properly

This is the box I'm attempting to draw (I want to draw it before I cut it): http://boxtemplatesstore.com/2012/03/double-wall-brightwood-crandall-tray-box-template/

But the problem is there is obviously red lines that are score line and not cut lines. How do I alter this image in MTC so that it only cuts the outline of the box and scores the red lines? Pixel trace has not been my friend... so any pointers or even video tutorials anyone can share would be much appreciated!
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• HappyCrafterHappyCrafter Member Posts: 2,663
    Put the score lines on a different layer. I pixel traced the box for you. Here is an MTC file.
    As long as the bicycle wheels are still turning, life is good. Sharon in North Central Idaho
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    edited July 2015
    Hi Have you tried doing test a cut first or are you diving straight it this project

The test cut will help determine you have you blade exposure, Height, Force and Speed set right for your material

If you are using the black pen holder that came with the zing you cuts will not be on the pen lines as the pen to and blade holder are different diameters therefore the centre point are different (hope that make sense)

By Scoring are meaning to cut dashed fold lines or are you wanting change tools to an embossing type tool and Emboss/Score the folds

Now I might loose you a bit here but ask more questions we will get to going

I find it easier to have the folds and cuts on different layer so a CUTS layer and a FOLDS Layer (not really necessary for dashed cut folds)

If you are wanting dashed cuts for the folds you need change red lines dashed line type

If you are embossing/scoring the folds with a different tool they need to be on separate layer so you can turn off the fold layer and do the cuts then turn of the cut layer to do the folds

Ok I think I Confused you enough for Now

You could also try this link http://www.templatemaker.nl/

under each box setting there’s a MORE OPTIONS button click that enter the required dimensions select SVG and click CREATE
    Now you can import the SVG into MTC
    The Folds Line a already dashed
    Although I don't see you box style there
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • lynusannlynusann Member Posts: 82

Put the score lines on a different layer. I pixel traced the box for you. Here is an MTC file.

Thank you, I will take a look here and see if I comprehend what you did. I appreciate it!
    CrazyZing said:

Hi Have you tried doing test a cut first or are you diving straight it this project

The test cut will help determine you have you blade exposure, Height, Force and Speed set right for your material

If you are using the black pen holder that came with the zing you cuts will not be on the pen lines as the pen to and blade holder are different diameters therefore the centre point are different (hope that make sense)

By Scoring are meaning to cut dashed fold lines or are you wanting change tools to an embossing type tool and Emboss/Score the folds

Now I might loose you a bit here but ask more questions we will get to going

I find it easier to have the folds and cuts on different layer so a CUTS layer and a FOLDS Layer (not really necessary for dashed cut folds)

If you are wanting dashed cuts for the folds you need chnge red lines dashed line type

If you are embossing/scoring the folds with a different tool they need to be on separate layer so you can turn off the fold layer and do the cuts then turn of the cut layer to do the folds

Ok I think I Confused you enough for Now

You could also try this link http://www.templatemaker.nl/

under each box setting there’s a MORE OPTIONS button click that enter the required dimensions select SVG and click CREATE
    Now you can import the SVG into MTC
    The Folds Line a already dashed
    Although I don't see you box style there

CrazyZing,

I've done a few test cuts with the blade yes, but so far I've spent most of my practice time on using the pen to trace what I want since I can use one piece of paper and trace 50 different things over top one another until I get it right. I did a test cut per the instruction manual with the arrows and with the various punctuation marks under "test cut".

My primary goal at the moment is to try to figure out how to use MTC efficiently before I really start cutting much and I can definitely see that this program is a beast! Talk about learning curve.

I'm fairly certain I'm tracking with what you mean in regards to the difference between the pen marks vs the cut marks w/ the blade.

At the moment, I don't yet have an embossing tool so I'm going to settle for dashed cut lines in order to find my fold lines, but I do intend to add that tool in the near future. I'm struggling with really getting different layers in. To some degree this seems to function like adobe photoshop but every time I try to make a new layer, if I click off the line I just made, it reverts back to the main layer with box outline.

Oh, and I did get it to trace the outline by choosing the "blackout" option...so I learned something there! But getting dashed lines put back in has been a bit of a bear.

Hopefully I haven't confused you back just as much! :D
    edited July 2015
    @lynusann You be surprised how easy it is to pick up the basics once you have a few cuts under you belt

Ok This is how I would do it there may other and possibly easier/better ways
    I'm Using HappyCrafter's MTC file to save me tracing again

Although I think there maybe a issue with it I point it out at the end not sure as have not don't to many boxes

Step 1
    Select the all (ctrl A) or drag a frame around all the lines
    Click on the Break Button (Red Arrow)

This Break it into separate lines

Step Select only the outer line (red arrow)
    Click selection to new layer (blue arrow)

step 3 Rename the layers "CUTS" / "FOLDS" (double click on layer name)

Step 4 Tidy Up
    Hide Cuts Layer (red Arrow)
    Select all the fold line (drag frame around
    Click Join Button

Now for the issue I think the cuts shown might not have gone far enough to allow properfolding of the glue tab

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    I'm short on time today so I just ran a quick test cut with HappyCrafter's file (thank you again btw), and you're right CrazyZing, those flaps need to have the cut lines dragged down. As soon as I get back home this evening I'll walk through your print screens and try to learn everything you've provided. I'm thankful I found this group! This program can be a little overwhelming. I also think I'm going to need to adjust proportions because the two short sides stand taller than the long sides, and the inner folds on the long sides are too wide to fold down perfectly inside the box. I've got lots of study to do tonight!
    edited July 2015
    Don't feel overwhelmed. Trust me you will get there but along the way you will make mistakes . I still make them

Why Not start a simpler project once you have a few successes things start to fall into place

May be easier to use it as a guide and draw a new one from scratch or start with a template from here http://www.templatemaker.nl/boxlid and add to it
    Must have some spare brain cells brain cells today been think about this box and how the thickness of the cardstock would alter things . actually quite a technical design
    edited July 2015
    This One is about 3" x 4.5" x 1" started out working it metric
    used 0.2 mm at card thickness as that was what google said 250gms approx was

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    Wow are you amazingly helpful! Of course I am on the road for work at the moment but I should be back to my zing this weekend. I cannot wait to try this out. Thank you!
    Your Welcome, I enjoyed the challenge. Actually while I working on it I thought hey I think I just learnt something new Now for the life of me I can't think of what it was.. ?
    Hopefully this is ok for me to post in the same thread since it's effectively the same topic. I've been practicing resizing boxes, cutting, adding lines, etc. I'm definitely getting better and learning a few things by accident as I go!

I have another box though that I'm struggling with now though. I'm pretty stinking' proud of myself for figuring out how to draw dashed lines btw. But what I'm having difficulty with is resizing the box to the dimensions I need. I need to box's final dimensions to be 1.5"Wx1.5"Lx1.25"H. How do I stretch just single lines without distorting them?

By the way - the long part of the box, when folded, actually folds forward OVER the window as a flap (I promise, it's designed exactly like I need it haha...expect for the size). Any direction on how to stretch the 4 sides to make it a deeper box would be appreciated!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,344
    @lynusann - you have done a pretty good job so far, good for you!

When I create a box I start with the basic shape, square or rectangle, in the size representative of the finished size...so for example, 1.5 wide x 1.25 high...now duplicate to get the other 3 sides (each 1.5 x 1.25). Then create the lid from another duplicate of the basic shape, and the tabs, and lastly, the score lines. I use score lines of dash = 4 and space = 10, otherwise with a lighter media, the paper may rip. I see yours were created as Bezier curves, use the Freehand line instead, and hold the CTRL key to make it perfectly straight, you'll get little blue lines on the top and bottom when perfectly straight. I create one and then duplicate to get as many as I need, rotate them if required.

Hope that helps!
    So I didn't do this box entirely from scratch. I found a very rough outline of it online and I had to add the dashed lines and window to it (they didn't carry over well when I tried to do a trace of the image).

So short of recreating the entire box from scratch, is there a way to adjust the existing one? I suspect with a great deal of time I could probably do it myself but I'm not particularly efficient just yet. The one thing I'm not familiar with yet is the difference between bezier curves vs freehand so I'll need to go read up on those in the manual
    I think you find it easier to recreate from scratch
    Try and think of it as all separate shapes

I'm having trouble visualising the finished product can you post a link to where you found it
    CrazyZing said:

I think you find it easier to recreate from scratch
    Try and think of it as all separate shapes

I'm having trouble visualising the finished product can you post a link to where you found it

HA! Of course you would ask for where I found it. I'm not sure anymore. I'll look tonight as soon as I'm home on my laptop. I came by it by accident so it might take some searching on my part again.
    edited July 2015
    I really can't work it out seems to be a side panel missing but
    I just did this to show you how I would do it see how i start with all the separate shape that make up the panels , Ready there are only 4 shapes that are duplicated and flipped and or rotated . next stop is remove the lines the will become doubles

edited July 2015
    Ok I did the next step and getting speedy now cause i had to redo it MTC crashed on me

While I was doing I realise the there are shapes the same with regard to the solid line and dashed line so really I could have changed the lines then copied them

I found this picture of the finished box. Hopefully that helps make more sense. The very bottom panel is actually one of the side walls to the box itself, and the two squares that are kind of "hanging out" in the middle actually fold up and over the top of the window
    edited July 2015
    I see now so the lid is doubled back

so there made be so adjustment require to allow for the extra layer of card

now i have put all the parts together

the next step I would move the dash line to a new layer and then there are some small gap is the outline to fill red arrows and maybe a few node to rejoin I used fuse and weld

edited July 2015
    ok I think i'm done
    hope i didn't miss anything and it might need some tweeking as I'm a metric lad so I just don't get inches
    have a go yourself and any questions feel free to ask image
    I feel like I'm losing my mind. I made a few adjustments to this file before I try to cut it but for the life of me, it won't let me copy/paste. If I copy and then choose "paste in place" it puts it on a different layer instead of the same layer Im working in that already has the dashed lines. Simply trying to cut then paste yields nothing. What in the world am I doing wrong?
    Not sure I understand what's happening

Ok just had a pay are you trying to move the dashed line to the same layer as the cut lines I tried that and it would not paste as I still had the layer with the dashed lines selected
    This how i made it work
    Close all the eyes
    Open the eye on the layer with the dashed lines
    select all (drag frame around)
    Copy
    Turn close eye on dashed line layer and open eye on cut line layer
    Paste in place

Does that work for you

If you working with the file i created I always use a layer for cuts and a layer for fold I just find that easier
    As long as the line you want to cut as visible the will be cut (well that how it woeks with my zing)
    I tidied up the file and removed your original and also made one on a single layer for you

OH I just realised I didn't put the window in as I didn't know what size
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,471
    Wow I thought I was the only one who tried to run before I could walk! Like you I find the most difficult in a theme and then try to duplicate it. Never got the hang of learning to crawl before I could run. With CrazyZings help along with the others I'm sure you'll get there. My only concern with this particular design is that on a 12 x 12 card it is going to be very small. Even on A3 (24 x 12) it's going to be small because of the amount of doubling up and overlaps to make all in one. On the otherhand you might want small. Will you put up a photo of your masterpiece when it's finished please.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    Di-lite said:

Wow I thought I was the only one who tried to run before I could walk! Like you I find the most difficult in a theme and then try to duplicate it. Never got the hang of learning to crawl before I could run. With CrazyZings help along with the others I'm sure you'll get there. My only concern with this particular design is that on a 12 x 12 card it is going to be very small. Even on A3 (24 x 12) it's going to be small because of the amount of doubling up and overlaps to make all in one. On the otherhand you might want small. Will you put up a photo of your masterpiece when it's finished please.

Di-lite, first, I want to say OMG I LOVE your box files. I've been admiring them since I joined the forum. Creating my own boxes/packaging is exactly why I had been eyeing the zing and I have a ton to learn but people (especially CrazyZing) have been insanely helpful. I'm trying to take it all in but I'd be lying if I didn't say that some of it is still entirely over my head. I guess after seeing some of what people create on here, I assumed a basic box was pretty simple. Luckily this size actually is exactly what I need in this case.

Now, for the box, CrazyZing - I was actually working off of the first file you saved and I just saw that you uploaded some other files so I'll have to check those out momentarily (it's 11pm here though :( ) Anyhow, they are perfect for what I need! The size is SPOT ON!!!! I made the adjustments I needed, cut and folded. I put in the soap truffle I needed this box for and it couldn't fit better!

My only concern is I don't know why my machine stops mid cut. I made a new file and saved 3 of them across a 12x12 sheet which does in fact fit with more than enough room. However it cuts the first 2 and then makes a dead stop half way through the 3rd one to the far left. The machine just freezes and I have no idea why. It's not like there's not enough room on the mat for it.

Now, I suspect it's that I'm still learning the difference between WYSIWYG and Knife Point. I generally use Knife Point and put it at the bottom right corner of the paper, which in this case fills the entire 12x12 mat, but I'm still not sure why it would make a dead stop and freeze when it's not even at the far left side of the mat yet?

I've uploaded the file I'm trying to cut from, and also the photos of the box with my soap truffle inside and sitting in front of it. It really is the perfect size!! Once I decide on the paper I'm going to use to actually make the final box I'll add acetate paper to the window.
    edited July 2015
    What do you mean STOP
    does it
    Stop and return the blade to the zero position and diong no more
    OR is it stoping lifting the blade the then lowering and continuing
    OR is just pausing and then continuing on

I spotted I made a few mistakes with the first steps I thought I fix them and re uploaded the MTC again I left the image as it . Will try and look at your file tonight and recheck
    Wow they box looks great and the soap looks good enough to eat

I don't think teaching is my thing but did you see what I mean when designing a box about breaking the box into panels and how many are identical shapes.
    all of the parts for this box started out as square or rectangles

I Found a mistake I had a duplicate cut line where the red arrow was
    so I fixed that this is the fixed file also replaced the window with a rounded corner square and did a bit of tiding up

I think you did quite well

@lynusann
    I think you're going about it the right way. The only way you learn is to try and when you succeed, with a little help, you will be so proud of yourself. I know creating such a box would be a bit of a headache for me as I would want the original and to break it apart to get the format of the design. I'm sitting back and being impressed with the work you and CrazyZing are doing. My best work was always when I tried to do something that was way out of my comfort zone.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    I've always found I'm more motivated to learn something if I got a specific project to complete rather that doing basic thing creating thing i don't really want to
    @CrazyZing Exactly my view - can't learn by rote have to jump in with both feet. Only problem with that is you don't learn the obvious and have to resort to the manual - when all else fails etc.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    As far as the "dead stop", sounds like you may be going outside the cutting zone of your Zing machine by placing your mat and its initial origin too far to the left to begin with. Most of these nicer cutters like the KNK, BC/Silver Bullets have larger openings for mat placement into the machine but will not cut all the way to the far left of your machines. If you go to far to the left, it goes out of its cutting range and will stop as you have described. This is also a common occurrence with Newbies learning their machines so don't worry. :wink: I don't have a Zing, so cannot tell you off the top what the Zing's limit is. Should be able to find it in the online User Manual though I would think if someone who has a Zing cannot tell you. I know @SandyMcC can.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,344
    The Zing's cutting limit is 14 inches or just slightly less than that only in Knife mode. It will not cut 14 inches in WYSIWYG. And yes the dead stop is a dead stop. Look under the lid on the left and right side, there are red buttons, they are kill switches. Hit the one on the left and it stops...dead in its tracks. Adjust the shapes on your mat to the right, check for a stray shape outside of the cutting area, or cut with knife mode to correct. Read the manual here for proper instructions:

http://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf

We all want to run before we walk, or walk before we crawl, but it is nature's rule, you have to eventually learn to walk or crawl :).

Oh and the emoticons, start with the : and you get a pop up, or at least I do in Chrome. :smiley:
    So I was reading the manual last night laying in bed (I have decided that I have no other life outside of learning this cutting machine and program right now). The zing has two pins that slide inside a track as a mat guide and it looks as if I just need to adjust them more to the right and I'll solve my problem. I'll have to try running the machine after work this evening.

Thanks Liz_A on the manual link. I've actually been reading a little at a time every night since I've received the machine. Unfortunately the 200+ page doc is a bit much for the average person to consume entirely at one time so I've been reading it little by little.

Di-lite and CrazyZing - Thanks for the help/encouragement with this machine. It is definitely far different than my old Cricut and there's so much to take in. I have no doubt that between MTC and the Zing that I'll be doing some beautiful work on it eventually. I'm struggling with MTC a bit but it's a massive program that no doubt has a huge learning curve.
    @lynusann, MTC definitely has a learning curve - I fooled myself thinking I could just do things in it only to discover that there are a myriad of twiddles that do things so much better. Like you I'm on a learning curve with it. CrazyZing and several others, including Gabe (a knight in shining armour) have rescued me on several occasions.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,584
    If you prefer Portrait mode (like I do), move your shapes towards the bottom right corner of the virtual mat, instead of the top left. If you prefer Landscape mode, then shift everything towards the top right. This puts your project closer to the Zing's origin and lessens the probability of going outside of the available cutting range.

Along the same line, orient the cutting mat towards the right side of the Zing Air, but still make sure the mat is under the leftmost pinch wheel. It sounds like you've now done that. Both of these steps will provide you the cutting range you need for larger projects. When needed, use Knife Point mode as it provides you 14" versus 13". Unless I'm using two different tools, I use this mode all of the time.

Thank you, @Liz_A and @MeFlick for helping with this issue. It definitely comes up with quite a few new owners.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    Di-lite said:

@lynusann, MTC definitely has a learning curve - I fooled myself thinking I could just do things in it only to discover that there are a myriad of twiddles that do things so much better. Like you I'm on a learning curve with it. CrazyZing and several others, including Gabe (a knight in shining armour) have rescued me on several occasions.

That sounds about on par with me :smiley: I like to think I'm smarter than I am ;) haha so I kind of hit the ground running with all of this. I will say though that I brought the little box to my office today to get some feedback on it and people have said it's perfect for it's purpose. So now I just need to pick out heavy duty card stock and acetate.
    SandyMcC said:

If you prefer Portrait mode (like I do), move your shapes towards the bottom right corner of the virtual mat, instead of the top left. If you prefer Landscape mode, then shift everything towards the top right. This puts your project closer to the Zing's origin and lessens the probability of going outside of the available cutting range.

Along the same line, orient the cutting mat towards the right side of the Zing Air, but still make sure the mat is under the leftmost pinch wheel. It sounds like you've now done that. Both of these steps will provide you the cutting range you need for larger projects. When needed, use Knife Point mode as it provides you 14" versus 13". Unless I'm using two different tools, I use this mode all of the time.

Thank you, @Liz_A and @MeFlick for helping with this issue. It definitely comes up with quite a few new owners.

I do tend to leave it in portrait mode. Based on where my machine sits, it's easier for me to orient it that way. I will try moving the images as well from top left to bottom right.

It did hit me last night when I was reading the manual that it had hit the kill switch on the side of the machine so I just needed to reposition where the mat was placed with the guide pins.

Thank you again everyone for the help! I probably would have given up on day one if it wasn't for this forum.
    I actually move "Those Little Pins" all the way back out of the way

Ok, problem solved with the freezing.

As for the box itself, it prints perfectly but I have clearly failed to understand the manual and subsequent videos on how to put images onto a file without cutting the image itself but rather with a contoured shape larger than the image. So I started with page 213 of the KnK manual which talks about MTK and then watched this video but I don't seem to be getting the same results. I obviously just want to print 2 images and not the outline of the box, but I want to cut JUST the box and not the images. Is there another tutorial that might aid beyond the references I already listed above?

I've attached the files I've been trying to work with so hopefully what I'm asking makes more sense.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,566
    @lynusann - separate the two elements, each to their own layer. That way you can open the layer eye on one layer to print the image. Leaving the box layer eye closed makes it invisible to cutters and printers. After printing, close the image layer's eye and open the box layer eye. Then the machine will cut out the outline of the box, but not the image.
    @Gabe - Ok so I feel stupid for having to ask this but then what does the join and break do as explained in the manual?
    First of all, did you calibrate the laser location using the instructions in the first few sections of Chapter 9? You must do that before you can do any PNC projects.

Regarding your file, I noticed that when I do a Print Preview, I cannot see registration marks because the box is situation too far up on the Virtual Mat. You need to bring it down until the reg marks show up. Then you're ready to print. After printing, you'll need to turn off that Arial layer so that it doesn't cut. But otherwise I think it's good to go. Off to have a second look and then see how you respond about the calibration.
    Sandy McCauley
    Oh... just noticed your image is too far to the left, as well. Use File>Print Preview to make sure you can always see all 4 reg marks before printing.
    Sandy McCauley
    Okay... there was one more issue. The box around the words Sassy Scents and Soaps was also set to cut because it was on the same layer as your main box. I combined it with the other text layer so that you can turn off that layer printing and before cutting. Because those two layers are both inside the larger box outline, it's safer to turn them off. Here's the revised file. Note how I rename any layer that is a Print Only as a reminder to myself that I need to hide it before executing the cut.

Hope this helps!
    Sandy McCauley
    SandyMcC said:

First of all, did you calibrate the laser location using the instructions in the first few sections of Chapter 9? You must do that before you can do any PNC projects.

Regarding your file, I noticed that when I do a Print Preview, I cannot see registration marks because the box is situation too far up on the Virtual Mat. You need to bring it down until the reg marks show up. Then you're ready to print. After printing, you'll need to turn off that Arial layer so that it doesn't cut. But otherwise I think it's good to go. Off to have a second look and then see how you respond about the calibration.

SandyMcC said:

Oh... just noticed your image is too far to the left, as well. Use File>Print Preview to make sure you can always see all 4 reg marks before printing.

I actually did the calibration per the manual earlier today so I'm golden there. I did it and adjusted my offset using an arrow as recommended.

With this project, I haven't actually done any cutting yet, so I can adjust that as needed. Right now I've just been trying to figure out how to get the image in MTC to reflect what I want before evening running it through the printer. I'm going to do what @Gabe said and put them on separate layers. Seems as though I'm struggling to get it moved to it's own layer - even when I make a new layer and import the image, it still wants to automatically apply it to the existing box layer. I'm wondering if I'm having such difficulty because I'm working off a mac (I've noticed I need to adjust some of the keyboard shortcuts for some things)
    I don't think Mac affects this. Have a look at the file above I just posted. If needed, I can make you a quick video showing every change I made. Just let me know! : )

BTW, congrats on getting your laser already calibrated. You're like jet speeding through the Zing Air learning process! I'm super impressed!
    Sandy McCauley
    SandyMcC said:

I don't think Mac affects this. Have a look at the file above I just posted. If needed, I can make you a quick video showing every change I made. Just let me know! : )

BTW, congrats on getting your laser already calibrated. You're like jet speeding through the Zing Air learning process! I'm super impressed!

I honestly couldn't do any of this if it weren't for all the help from you guys. @SandyMcC I have spent hours now watching the videos you have posted!! Seriously, you have no idea how helpful they are.

I did snag the file you just uploaded and I'm about to try my first go at a print then cut.

A video would be fabulous if you honestly had the time but I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow evening so please don't rush to do one. I imagine it's late wherever you are.
    I'm in Arizona and it's not all that late. I won't rush you... BUT I found an even simpler edit resulting in only 1 layer to print and cut. So, use THIS file:

Sandy McCauley
    edited July 2015
    Well I was trying to squeeze 2 boxes to 1 sheet and was working on that file before I just saw you posted this one. I was excited to do a trial run but for the life of me it won't print now (despite printing when I ran my calibration earlier). Suggestions on troubleshooting?
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,566
    @SandyMcC, I bow to your superior knowledge and expertise. You rock!
    I suppose it would have helped if I had attached the file I'm working with now huh...
    edited July 2015
    What happens when you try to print it? Error message? Nothing?
    Sandy McCauley
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!