We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

3-in-1 polyhedron (icosadodecahedron)

sopricsopric Member Posts: 31
edited May 2015 in Shares
Here is my latest creation: the icosadodecahedron. It's related to the icosahedron and the dodecahedron because it's basically the two put together (12 pentagons + 20 triangles).

So this file includes the shapes needed to make all three projects: icosahedron, dodecahedron, and icosadodecahedron.

(When you open the file, it should have the 12 pentagons on the 12x12 mat, and the 20 triangles stashed off to the right of the mat.)

I also had a goal of improving my photos so they would stand out in an Etsy search. I am still using my iPhone 4 to take photos, but I built a little backdrop from foamcore board and posterboard.

I'm actually quite surprised that I was able to get them looking the way I wanted. I have been dragging my heels on learning about photography and I feel like I got the photos I wanted without having to actually learn anything (aperture, shutter speed, etc). I thought I was going to have to borrow a digital SLR camera to get good photos. I just put them in iPhoto and fiddled with the sliders until it looked right. I guess that's technology for you. Makes it easier to be dumb about things.

imageimageimage
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
Inkscape

http://www.sophiericketts.com

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!