We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

PNC registration marks [Resolved]

nadpugnadpug Member Posts: 10
edited April 2015 in Resolved Issues
I am trying to print and cut with a Zing to print out 61 seating cards then cut them. When I go to "print options" I check the boxed per the instruction booklet. Here's the problem the registration marks are not printing where they should be, they are printing on the green boarder of the Virtual Map. Help please!
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,379
    @nadpug the registration marks will bound the area bounding the shapes you want to cut on your virtual mat. If you set select show registration marks on mat, then you'll get a fair idea where they will show up when you go to print. In case where your selected shapes take up too much space, and you cannot see the registration marks, you can always add in a bounding rectangle on a new layer that is as big as the page you are printing on and set that to the color white and place that layer below so that it doesn't print out (white doesn't print - and as lond as you keep shape outlines unchecked, you would not even know it is there.) I like to set my virtual mat to the size of the page that I print on as well - but that is just my personal preference. When you go to cut open the layer of the bounding rectangle as well and use the corners of the paper as your registration marks. Another option is to draw in manually registration marks to simulate the corners of where that bounding rectangle would be if you want to save your blade from cutting the extra rectangle. The third choice you have is to place less shapes on the mat so that you get a them spaced so you will see the actual registration marks.
    The case below shows the first option.
  • nadpugnadpug Member Posts: 10
    @leslie6111 ok so the file i sent up in MTC has 16 pages b/c each place card has a different name. Some of the pages have the registration marks wrong as in the first picture while others have them correct as in the second picture. Why would this happen? How do I fix? Thanks!
    I am printing out as is above then hiding everything but the green rind layer and cutting just that to have a watermelon slice shaped seating card
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,600
    Try copying/pasting your shapes into a new Page in your file. I've seen this happen before where the reg marks do that... appear in the wrong spot, yet there's nothing there to account for it. But doing a copy/paste to a new Page will fix it. If not, then upload your file here so that one of us can check it out.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    Thanks @SandyMcC. Will try as soon as kids go down for nap:) Of course this is my first PNC project and the party is Sunday! Nothing like trying something new at the last minute lol!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,381
    @nadpug - have you looked at Print Preview? Occasionally I will have a print and cut file, and the reg marks display incorrectly on the VM, but when I look in Print Preview they are correct.
    Thanks @Liz_A when I looked at the print preview the registration marks were correct. They were just incorrect on the VM. Everything printed and cut correctly.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!