We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

KNK Zing For Sale - SOLD TODAY

sportkidssportkids Member Posts: 7
edited March 2015 in General
Bought it for a backup and have used it once to try and learn. Includes cutting mat, Make the Cut Software, (Mac or PC) two extra blades, usb cord. If you are new to cutting, I have some sign and t-shirt vinyl scraps for you to practice on. $325.00. They are selling for $450.00 now. Located in western suburbs of Chicago. Did sell it TODAY, less $50 so new owner can purchase his own copy of MTC. Thanks for informing me about the software rules.
Post edited by sportkids on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,731
    @sportkids - best wishes on selling your Zing! Just for your info, you cannot sell the software. You can sell an unused Activation code so that the purchaser can use it to get a registration key to activate a downloaded copy of the latest version of Make The Cut!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • sportkidssportkids Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for letting me know that I can't sell the software, as I wasn't aware of it. so the new owner would have to purchase it again? I bought it from Sandy M. so maybe I will send her an email so I am clear on this. I'm not a rule breaker. I will edit my post as soon as I can figure that part out, too.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,270
    As long as the software "copy" you are trying to sell has not been "registered" or "activated" you can still sell it, but the EULA (like all programs that I am aware of) says that once you have registered/activated the software then you cannot sell that "copy" of the program. So, if you bought a copy of MTC from @SandyMcC and she provided you with your "activation code" to obtain the MTC registration code, but you never actually activated it - then you can sell that - BUT if you registered MTC and used it - then you cannot then sell that "copy" as it has been "registered" and "used"
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,731
    The MTC EULA is what you agreed to when you first used Make The Cut! A copy of it can be found under the Help => About Make The Cut!... => click EULA. It says:

You may:
    - use the Software on any single computer
    - use the Software on a second computer so long as the primary user of each copy is the same person and more than one copy is not simultaneously used
    - copy the Software for archival purposes, provided any copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices

You may not:
    - permit other individuals to use the Software except under the terms listed above
    - modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction)
    - create derivative works based on the Software
    - copy the Software (except as specified above)
    - rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Software
    - remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software

So if you used the Activation PIN to get a Registration Key to make your Make The Cut! work, it is registered to you and you cannot transfer that ownership. The person can purchase their own software, downloaded from the MTC website. Sometimes Sandy has Activation PINs she has purchased which she could sell to your buyer, that would be less than purchasing the full product.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • sportkidssportkids Member Posts: 7
    Thanks fir the info. I sold it for $50 less so new owner can purchase software.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,270
    Glad it has found a new home.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!