We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help with cutting points?....maybe [Resolved]

Pennyann333Pennyann333 Member Posts: 32
edited March 2015 in Resolved Issues
I am cutting a sign stencil, or trying to, it's a pretty simple design and I have cut several with the same settings I am using now. The carriage goes all the way left and just sits there. Can anyone help? He is a photo, does it have too many points? Can't find any answers when searching. TIA!
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• Pennyann333Pennyann333 Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2015
    The points do finish processing and then finish pops up but I get nothing, carriage is still sitting all the way to left.
    I was able to paste the design in another template I had made and it cut. It must have something to do this mat size and orientation. They only had a 1/2 difference?
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,553
    When the carriage goes all the way to the left and stops, it means that it was trying to cut outside the cutting range of the cutter. That usually happens when you have a large design and you set the origin too far to the left. Or maybe there was some little tiny shape outside of your design that caused this to happen. It's hard to say without seeing your original file.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    Thanks Sandy! I actually deleted the mat and remade it and now it is cutting fine. I think it had something to with exactly what you are saying. I had the mat in the wrong direction to have landscape option.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,304
    @Pennyann333 - or you created a mat using a name for a mat that already exists. You cannot have two mats with the same name, they must be unique. When starting the process of creating a custom mat, MTC will display the settings and name of the existing mat being used. Many people forget to give the mat its own unique name.
    Actually I was thinking it was locking up during processing. If I had actually searched for the carriage problem, I could have found previous posts. I was just searching wrong words. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!