We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Newbie needing help with PNC's [Resolved]

nadpugnadpug Member Posts: 10
edited March 2015 in Resolved Issues
Hi, I just started trying to create PNC's. The file I have attached is a pic of a rainbow that I imported through pixel trace. I would like to add the text "Reese's First Holy Communion" to the clouds, print the image on sticker paper with registration marks, and then cut the outline on my Zing. How do I "join" or "weld" the text to the rainbow image so that when I go to cut, it will only cut the outline of the rainbow and not the text? Also, are there any youtube videos or books with instructions on how to create PNC designs when importing images from the internet through pixel trace?

Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 850
    @nadpug Hi, welcome. If you look at your design, your words are on a separate layer, so if you do not want them to cut, just close the eyeball (it is open now). ~Diane
  • nadpugnadpug Member Posts: 10
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,362
    @nadplug - " Also, are there any youtube videos or books with instructions on how to create PNC designs when importing images from the internet through pixel trace?"

First, a link to the MTC User Manual:

http://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf

The first sections are specific to the Zing cutter, the rest of the manual is how to use Make The Cut! There is a section on Print and Cut - Section 9, Page 203, it starts with a link to a video.

Importing images you obtained from the internet is really no different from importing images on your computer - importing very small images found on the internet (and I assume of the free variety is what you mean) may be more challenging to get a good trace. There is a wealth of information that has been covered and addressed over the years in our weekly webinars on the various ways of importing...Bryan actually touched on this in last nights webinar, and Julie showed how to import and trace images that may be a bit more challenging because of their colours. Those webinars have been recorded and are available for viewing by going to the appropriate link on the Main Page of the Discussions section of this forum.

Hope that helps, post again if have a specific question.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!