We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Automatically nesting shapes within a shape

I would love to be able to select a shape on the page and set it as a "container" and have all of the other shapes on a page be squeezed into it. (Here's a Corel Draw macro that does it " )

This is great for create designs like this, but also for minimizing your vinyl waste.
capturing-the-heart.com (still building our catalog) www.etsy.com/shop/CapturingTheHeart (where it all started)

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,578
    @CapturingTheHeart‌ - couldn't you do what you needed with the macro in CorelDraw and then export it as an svg?? I believe that CorelDraw will export as svg.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • CapturingTheHeartCapturingTheHeart Member Posts: 85
    @Liz_A Yes, but then I'd have to buy that macro :smiley:
    capturing-the-heart.com (still building our catalog) www.etsy.com/shop/CapturingTheHeart (where it all started)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,578
    @CapturingTheHeart‌ - ahhh yes, indeed! There is so much on the MTC wishlist now, and coming up two years since the last update, I am afraid we'll never get to see much come to fruition. If something is going to do what you want and need it to do, I'd go for it, life is too short to be waiting :). Just my personal philosophy.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    @Liz_A Yeah, I may have to do that because I have a project in mind that just isn't feasible to do this kind of nesting by hand, just have to decide if the project is going to net enough to be worth the time and cost investment to learning yet another program.
  • DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
    Never hurts to ask. That would be a cool feature. I always use MTC as my first choice but a girl has to do what a girl has to do. If I don't spend my husbands money he does. And in my opinion he buys stupid stuff! lol
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,595
    Curious about how much this Corel macro costs. I had no idea people sold macros.
    Last I saw it was like $60, but its an entire add-on pkg for doing vinyl within coreldraw. Lots of cool ideas that would be neat additions to MTC.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!