We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Hosting Bunco

jtrranchesjtrranches Member Posts: 2,631
edited June 2010 in Off Topic
OK, I have been put in charge of hosting bunco for my daughters cheer squad. I might end up with 136 people. We are asking every girl to invite 4 people. I have played bunco lots of times but where I have problems is......

How many prizes should I have for that many people?
How many categories for winning those prizes should I have?
Should we serve food or not?

Terina
Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner

Comments

• CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    okay I can't help you because I have no flipping clue what Bunco is.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VinylandVectorsVinylandVectors Member Posts: 4,344
    hmmm.... I would offer snacks.... chips, dip, brownies, etc. Nothing major. Coffee, ice tea, lemonaide. For 136 people I would offer 12 prizes.... it can be anything from dividing up a flat of flowers etc. Mind you, I have never played Bunco... but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Dana
  • TamTam Member Posts: 1,523
    One idea - hold a snack contest with a prize - everyone could vote on their fav snack - one with the most votes wins... solves a couple of issues: 1) you don't have to prepare all of the snacks, & 2) those that love cooking can share their talent. I do this at my retreats and the snacks are amazing and all I have to do is provide a gift. Saves me a bunch of money, time and effort.

Now you all know one of my retreat secrets...hmmmmm
    Cheers...Tam
  • Shannon_CorbinShannon_Corbin Member Posts: 1,612
    I agree with Tam, and Dana. We play every year at our Church Women's Retreat and it's always great fun! We give prizes for Most Bunco's, Most Wins, & Most Losses. Usually, there are ties, so we end up giving 1-2 prizes per category. And the idea about the food is great! Something else we do that is always a hit, is to have a funny hat that the person with the current Bunco has to wear. Last year's was a tiara with balloons tied to it. :) too funny!
  • jtrranchesjtrranches Member Posts: 2,631
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone. I think I bit off more then I can chew. LOL

For those that don't play bunco, it is so much fun. It is a dice game that all you do is roll and work on the number say 2. You roll until you don't roll any more 2's and then it goes to the next person. You continue on the 2's until the head table reaches 21 points and then you move to 3's.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
  • sciencedorksciencedork Member Posts: 4
    I play Bunco every month with friends and we do basically a rotating pot luck where everyone brings something from appetizers to drinks to paper products and we create our own party at a different person's house each month. We also do prizes for first bucno, last bunco, and biggest loser. We also chip in $5 and whoever gets the most buncos gets the $.
  • judyx1343judyx1343 Member Posts: 683
    never heard of bunco, there you go lots of gret ideas. I like the dessert one and the flowers for prizes. if you have a dollar tree near by you may be able to find some sort of inexpensive gifts there.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!