We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Ecraft update

Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Member Posts: 1,640
edited May 2010 in Off Topic
Craftwell announced on their Facebook page that the Ecraft machine will be available online at Kmart.com. That really is sad to hear because they told lss owners that the small guys would sell the machine exclusively for one year. I left a message on their Facebook page about it.
You can search for Ecraft on Kmart.com or Sears.com. There wasn't a price difference;however, they weren't selling the pro software. Selling at KMART??? especially waiting until the end of May to pull that on the lss owners.
rhoda

Comments

• Shannon_CorbinShannon_Corbin Member Posts: 1,612
    what exactly is the ecraft?
  • Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Member Posts: 1,640
    http://craftwellusa.com/pages/home It's a new cutting machine that was debuted at CHA summer 2009 & winter 2010. They still aren't shipping it yet. The machines don't use mats. If you google you can find online stores that will be selling it. I've been on a yahoogroup which had a Craftwell representative for the past 9 months. Craftwell was supposed to give the lss owners the first chance to sell the machine for 1 year. There's been lots of excitement about the machine. They promised it to be ready by the Christmas holidays & now they are saying that it will ship in July.
    wow rhoda! that looks pretty cool..wonder if Andy will be able to make MTC compatible
  • Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Member Posts: 1,640
    Shannon,
    You must buy their professional software in order to use svgs. From what I've understood MTC has more designing ability than their pro software. That software was expensive too but I don't remember how much. It was over $150.00 I think.
    oh wow! I guess I'll have to keep an eye open and see how other's like it
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    I think andy has ordered one/was thinking of ordering one to se if it would work with MTC. I'll be waiting on that and more reviews before I buy one , if I buy one.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Member Posts: 1,517
    I'll say this again here, since it is a new thread, I would not chance my money on an untested machine. I used to think a non-mat system would be great, but now I am not totally convinced a non-mat system will work. It may be alright for paper, what happens with other materials like fabric, chipboard, etc?? With those rollers, I can see all sorts of problems with items getting stuck etc.

Julie is getting one in july, and she'll be posting her reports of the machine. I'm sure she'll put it through everything to see what it can do. Until her experience is posted, I would not chance one cent on this machine. Plus its debut has be delayed many times. I'm not convinced it is trustworthy just yet.
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!