We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Change Mat Rotation in PCS (Resolved)

GinaSGinaS Member Posts: 983
edited February 2014 in Help for Popup Card Studio
Is there a way I can change the rotation of the mat? I have a Pazzles machine and the arrow in PCS is pointing towards the left and I would like to have the arrow pointing to the top.

Thanks a bunch.
Post edited by GinaS on
Gina S (MTC Gallery ID: 17449)
Etsy | Mugs For U

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,381
    @tellabling - change the virtual mat from Landscape to Portrait.
  • GinaSGinaS Member Posts: 983
    Liz_A said:

@tellabling - change the virtual mat from Landscape to Portrait.

Where is that located in PCS? I've been looking, but I don't see that option.
    Etsy | Mugs For U
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,293

Is there a way I can change the rotation of the mat? I have a Pazzles machine and the arrow in PCS is pointing towards the left and I would like to have the arrow pointing to the top.

If you are talking about when you go to File » Export » Project Rendering » To Machine... then no. You can rotate the project on the mat by clicking on "Rotate Paths" under the Properties section of that window.
    @SBryanW: Thanks. That's just what I ended up doing. Wish we could choose like in MTC.
    Etsy | Mugs For U
    @tellabling - sorry I mislead you on that one!! I haven't actually cut directly from PCS, I always finish up my decorating in MTC, so missed that one.
    @Liz_A: No problem. I have since decided to open the SVG in MTC and cut from there. I keep getting confused as to where to place my paper on my mat so it will cut correctly from PCS.
    Etsy | Mugs For U
    @tellabling - MTC certainly compliments work from PCS...I like to change my fold lines to a style that I know will work well with the paper I am cutting, and sometime the card needs a bit more cleanup that just isn't as easy in PCS. Just love working with these two programs :)! Happy card making and cutting!!
    @Liz_A: They sure do compliment each other. I find myself doing cleanup in MTC as well.

I was so itching to get the full version of PCS. Once I got the full version I had a brain freeze and couldn't think of anything to make into a popup. I do now, which is why I've been awake for hours.
    Etsy | Mugs For U
    @tellabling - LOL. total Murphy's Law! Enjoy!
    UPDATE: I finally had the time to do a bit more testing on printing from PCS. I took a screen shot and rotated it to see how my object might look on the PCS mat. This is how I have to place my object on the PCS mat. I have a Pazzles Inspiration, so maybe this will help someone else.

When I place my image like this I can put the mat in like I normally do and see what I'm cutting in the way I'm used to seeing my cuts. I was hoping I could change to portrait view like I do in MTC, but I don't see that option. I would love to have it.
    Etsy | Mugs For U
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,226
    @tellabling - Gina, Once you rotate it like that, you can then cut it that way from PCS (I wasn't clear if you were saying you in fact did or wanted it to cut that way). You can also "click" on the object(s) on the mat there and move them around on the mat before cutting as well.

I played with having the mat set in "portrait" view in PCS design area versus landscape but when you go to project rendering to machine - it still shows the mat in landscape mode like in your screen shot but the project its self is "shifted" as if it was in "portrait" mode so you would still need to "rotate paths" to shift it. Not sure if that is a "bug" or not.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    @MeFlick

Where were you able to set the mat to Portrait in PCS?

My intention was to show how to rotate the object on the mat so that it will cut as if it was in portrait mode. I should have placed an image above the one I posted - how it looked before I rotated it.
    Etsy | Mugs For U
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!