We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Bathroom remodel progress!

Amy_ChomasAmy_Chomas Member Posts: 1,301
edited May 2010 in Off Topic
Thought I would share one of the other things keeping me and my hubby busy, well mostly my hubby lol! He has done this all himself! I did help with the demo, and i picked everything out lol! Still a little ways to go, but will be useable tomorrow, woohoo!!!

Comments

• DeanaDeana Member Posts: 975
    looks good amy! i just got mine done 2 weeks ago i did lots of the work myself now i have to do the downstairs bathroom.
  • StephPStephP Member Posts: 955
    Lookin good!
    We had our bathroom remodeled when we first moved in, there was water damage in the floor.
    We did all the demo, and a little bit of the putting-back-together, but mostly we paid someone to do it. My husband is great at his job...with numbers and a computer...and more comfortable having someone else do the building :)

There are a few pictures here on my flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/socalledmommy/4306548817/
  • TamTam Member Posts: 1,523
    Must be the time for bathroom remodels. Our remodel starts June 1 at our lake house, but we are having it done professionally. The whole thing will be gutted down to the joists and studs. I can't wait to see it finished.
    Cheers...Tam
  • Amy_ChomasAmy_Chomas Member Posts: 1,301
    We have done the master bath, this one is almost done, and then have to do the half bath downstairs. That is what happens when you get a fixer upper lol!
  • StephPStephP Member Posts: 955
    No kidding Amy!
    We've also done our bedroom, and next on the list (since hubby just got a raise...woot!) is updating the living room and hallway. Laminate wood floors, new baseboards, door and paint. Again, we'll do all the demo and painting, and we'll probably lay most of the floor too, but have "our guy" come in and hang doors, do floor transitions, etc. I'm exciting for how it will look when it's done. Then I can get around to actually decorating, instead of just remodeling :)
    We got lucky when we moved in that it was useable, we just needed to paint all 2200 square feet of it! And had to hardwood 2 of the bedrooms and carpet 2. They weren't in useable condition. They had replaced the living room carpet, so that wasn't bad just got it cleaned. But that was a LOT of paint! My poor hubby had to do it alone cause I was 8 months pregnant when we moved!
  • ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Member Posts: 5,932
    Geez, why did you update it... looked just fine before! (LMBO)
    LOL Ruth! That was after the tile was removed from the walls, so it while it was outdated, it was still livable! \
  • JensMomJensMom Member Posts: 1,151
    Awesome, Amy. I remember those days!!! We bought our house for the lake lot and the layout, BUT we tore EVERYTHING out, down to the bare walls. New floors, kitchen, baths, even toilets, sinks and tubs, tile, OMG Never, again! But, the results are worth it arent they? Enjoy your new room.
  • KATHYANNKATHYANN Member Posts: 1,428
    Lots of work we did this earlier this year It is looking goooooood!!!!
    Kathy - Katiedoodlesgran
  • KathyMKathyM Member Posts: 1,688
    Looking great, Amy! DH and I (well, he did the hard stuff, like the tile floors) remodeled both bathrooms a couple years ago, and I honestly don't know that I would feel like tackling that again...next time, we'll "pay the man!" :)
    Is this where I'm supposed to say something clever?
  • JeannieHinNCJeannieHinNC Member Posts: 133
    WOW! Our BR is torn up, awaiting the tub/backing to be done next Tuesday. Then new walls, then floor. In our house everything is a long process.
    Congrats on the progress.

JeannieH in NC
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    Looks great Amy.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THanks everyone! Toilet is now in, floor is sealed, and the kids are using the BATH, woohooO! Just time for trim!
  • Reba1Reba1 Member Posts: 3,626
    Must be the time of year for remodeling bathrooms! We just had ours done, but I didn't take pictures! Darn, I wish I had.

We had the tub re-porcelianed(SP?) (way cheaper than replacing and it was in BAD shape). Tore out ugly carpet and had a ceramic tile floor laid. Tore down the wallpaper and border - I still have to pick out new paper and put it up. We had a new vanity top and cabinet installed too. We usually do our own work, but we have both been sick and are both swamped at work right now, so I hired it out! It was kind of nice not doing it ourselves for once (we put in the lower level bath last year ourselves)

I was thinking of just painting, and then doing some vinyl in the bathroom. But closer inspection of the walls once the paper was off shows too many imperfections for just painting. It needs covered by paper!

Now I have to finish stripping the nice oak stairs we found under the stairway carpet. Then paint the bedrooms before having new carpet put in there. I WILL do some vinyl in my craft room (one of the extra bedrooms upstairs).
    ...Rebecca - "Zen D Zing" user (N. ILLINOIS) Public Flickr album (MTC): http://tinyurl.com/33cgstz Public Flickr album (cakes): http://tinyurl.com/y8d8ztl
  • DeanaDeana Member Posts: 975
    i just started on my 2nd bathroom remodel today...eeeeeewwwww black mold. we had a sewer back up in to the bathroom. its soo freakin gros.
  • Shannon_CorbinShannon_Corbin Member Posts: 1,612
    Oh that's yucky...and sounds like it's NO FUN!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!