We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Aligning on sides of buildings?

I was watching Susan's video on making a corner style house. Is there a way to make sure the windows are correctly aligned top and and bottom and spaced equally on the side?

Thinking in 3D is starting to get overwhelming..LOL. I have cursed my way through some of the videos trying to find the same menus that are found and used. It's getting better but still gets frustrating. I know it's just the learning curve thing but sometimes I want to just toss the computer. Anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed? I'm still debating on purchasing.

Thanks!

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,226
    Like anything - the more you work with it - the better it will get! I haven't wanted to throw my computer yet so that's good but I was frustrated a time or two. I have learned sometimes to just walk away from something like that for a while and come back to it.

There are different alignment tools and such on the right side of the screen.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,381
    Like when you first learn to ride a bike, there are too many things to think of: keeping your balance, keeping the front wheel straight, peddling the peddles, and watching where you are going. Soon some of that becomes automatic and you don't have to think about it anymore. It will happen with PCS.

Making sure you have two objects selected and aligned, then look over on the right side, a group called Align and Distribute shows (have to have the Selection tool active.

If the items are not on the same plane, then grab one, Cut it, then go to the plane that the other object is on, paste, then select and align, cut the original one and go back to its plane and paste. That is how I would do it.
  • DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
    Seeing things in 3D is hard enough. I have a problem with double vision a lot so am I seeing in 6D...lol. I sit around a lot with one eye closed. SIL said I look like a pirate. Old men think I'm winking at them.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!