We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Why is this gap here?

@andy
@susanbluerobot

I tried to recreate the object on the screen when PCS opens and I ended with a gap in the design but I don't see one on the opening screen object (that could be the way it's placed for viewing). Does this gap need to be here in order for the card to fold correctly?

Thanks
Althea

Comments

• supermumsupermum Member Posts: 794
    Looks like you've anchored it to the back of the card instead of onto the design.
    Proud owner of a Silhouette Cameo 1 and 3 and now A Brother Scan'n'Cut. Gallery ID number 8013
  • AnointedHandsAnointedHands Member Posts: 801
    Thanks @supermum I'll go back to the drawing board and try to find out what I did wrong.

Althea
  • AnointedHandsAnointedHands Member Posts: 801
    Absolutely correct @supermum . Thanks for the quick response and I have fixed it.

Althea
  • markusofmarkusof Member Posts: 458
    edited January 2014
    how did you fix it may I ask, I created same thing and got same results, tried to use eraser inverse to fix the two lines that not be there by adding another box, even tried to weld with no go.. can't convert a line segment to be on one plane or the other, or can I..
    and how can I automatically attach to opposite side, an object?
    Thanks
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    It to me looked like your "z" layer needed changing putting that bottom plane lowered down
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,290
    If you were on the webinar on Tuesday night, Andy went over a similar circumstance shortly after I stopped recording. I'll try to make a quick video of how to fix something like this.
    welded this piece and it fixed it..
    Seems like I need some line tools..
    ability to create a single line and select the style (maybe I want a slit somewhere or an extra crease Double folded shutter)
    I would like the window to hinge left and a crease in the middle..
    How do I do this?
    Thanks
    edited January 2014
    markusof said:

...Seems like I need some line tools..
    ability to create a single line and select the style (maybe I want a slit somewhere or an extra crease Double folded shutter)

It is in there. Draw the line with the normal tool. To change the line style, select the line or object you want to change and click the last icon on the right on the bottom tool bar.
    markusof said:

I would like the window to hinge left and a crease in the middle..
    How do I do this?
    Thanks

Right click and rotate the card to the position that makes it easier to design in. Look at the house cards people have done (including the Christmas house Andy showed).
    SBryanW said:

markusof said:

welded this piece and it fixed it..
    Seems like I need some line tools..

It is in there. Draw the line with the normal tool. To change the line style, select the line or object you want to change and click the last icon on the right on the bottom tool bar.
    I cannot seem to draw a single line.. just a closed shape, is there an options somewhere, am I missing something?
    Thanks

I will get some questions together for webinar..
    I have another file, trying to manipulate around and it leaves shads, I get on the plane with the shads, cut them, but instead of cutting what I see, it cuts the object they came from..
    if it took the objects I see, yellow selections and I moved to the plane object came from and welded them back, all would be good..
    I''m keeping the file as it was originally just a drawing in mtc. and trying to convert it to PCS.

To draw a line or lines that don't close, hit the enter key after you have set the last point.

For your other questions, start a new thread and post the file you are having the problem with.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,218
    SBryanW said:

To draw a line or lines that don't close, hit the enter key after you have set the last point.

emphasis added

That was the key thing I was missing but finally figured out - you have to click to set that last point AND THEN hit the enter key! :-bd I kept trying to hit the enter key when I got to where I wanted the line to end without setting that last point first after watching Andy's demo. Finally got it! ;)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    edited January 2014
    Great.. and thanks..
    and I have my first card..
    have to try to cut it, as I didn't save in PCS took to mtc
    pasted back into PCS, but have issues.
    maybe it can be a webinar.. lol

• supermumsupermum Member Posts: 794

Absolutely correct @supermum . Thanks for the quick response and I have fixed it.

Althea

@AnointedHands
    Cool im glad you fixed it x
    Proud owner of a Silhouette Cameo 1 and 3 and now A Brother Scan'n'Cut. Gallery ID number 8013
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!