We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Question Regarding @SusuanBluerobot video HELP 008 The BASIC print and cut PCS and MTC used

I have watched this video many times and I still cant figure out what she is saying or doing at the 4:30 mark. She opens another layer and moves it to the bottom. Then I get lost. She says she just brings in (what ???) and she leaves it on all the time. It looks like she uses the pencil but I have no idea what she did or why we need that step.

Her words brings in a "a quick...(?) past the"

I love all the video but this one little part stumps me and I'll admit it don't take much to do that(lol)

Any help would be appreciated.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

• SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    OH when you do print and cut and you need registration marks but as I turn off my cut lines and leave the score lines only to score ( with this it changes the registration marks) so having that extra layer on for every action means that the registration marks remain in the same spot
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • ElaurElaur Member Posts: 244
    She says it after "print lines"
  • colleencolleen Member Posts: 534
    The bottom layer is just a blank layer with nothing on it?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,290
    colleen said:

The bottom layer is just a blank layer with nothing on it?

No, it contains the two "registration marks" she added - one in the upper left corner and in the lower right corner.

Thanks Bryan. That was the missing part for me. I finally get it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,379
    @colleen @SusuanBluerobot I am using a zing and when I do my pnc pcs (2 acronyms in 1 sentence) I cut my score and cutting lines at the same time. The score lines that pcs generates are the perfect size and even with small shapes do not act as cut lines. So I just use the mtc reg marks and do not add my own. In fact I have to use 2 different computers for this since my pc is not connected to my printer. I do tend to split the pcs output into seperate layers when I bring it back into mtc so that If I need any editing, I could do that since I am still in the learning stage. It is important that if the cut lines connect and create a shape - make that layer white as well as any layer that contains a shape that you do not want to show up during the pnc. Then I do my print with the option of shape outlines off. When I cut I make sure that my layers with my picture (such as Susan's full color robot) is off but I do cut the score and cut lines in one pass at the same time.
    @leslie6111 Thanks for the details I appreciate it. I am begin to understand eh whole concept much better. I have watched Susan's videos so much that I now talk with an accent(lol)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    colleen said:

@leslie6111 Thanks for the details I appreciate it. I am begin to understand eh whole concept much better. I have watched Susan's videos so much that I now talk with an accent(lol)

I did not know i had an Accent LOL Watch out people will start thinkinng you are an Aussie. Most people just say i sound like a little kid .
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • KayHKayH Member Posts: 287
    Ha Ha!! I know what you mean about talking with an accent! I too have watched her videos over and over and over! stop, start, start, stop...but that's how we learn, right?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!