We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

My words are disappearing!

I've watch the vids and I think I get it but when I'm trying to make a multi layer word card my words are disappearing. To me it seems like it should work but something must be off. Sorry if I should be able to figure this out.

Laurie

Comments

• GinaSGinaS Member Posts: 983
    @Elaur

I'm new too....can you refresh your screen to get the word back? Based on the second photo, it just looks like it needs a refresh. I'm sure there must be more to this.
    Gina S (MTC Gallery ID: 17449)
    Etsy | Mugs For U
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,290
    Select the word that is disappearing and move it up in the Z-Order, or select the anchor polygon and lower it in the Z-Order. The Z-Order window is on the right hand side when you are in select mode.
  • ElaurElaur Member Posts: 244
    How did I not realize that! Thanks bryan!
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    YOu have to lower the plateform on the lower word down in the "Z order" till they come back
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • GinaSGinaS Member Posts: 983
    @SBryanW
    Wow, how did you see that?

So what's covering the word to make the Z order need a change? Oh wait, looking at the first photo, the WELL is behind the SOON block. Is that what is happening? I'm curious. :-)
    Gina S (MTC Gallery ID: 17449)
    Etsy | Mugs For U
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    Think of ZOrder like layers in MTC. If a layer is on top of another layer, you can't see what's below it.

Same with PCS. If a shape's ZOrder is higher than another's, then the shape will "cover" the other one. Since we are working in 3d, it removes what it's covering.
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
    Is there any reason that the items on a plane farther out wouldn't be farther out on the z automatically? Since the well is on a plane .25 out from the get.
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,290
    The initial Z order is determined by the order you add the shapes. The shapes added later will be above (higher Z order) than the shapes added earlier, regardless of what plane they are on.
    Yes... for example.. if you wanted things behind or inside a front piece:

Both layer's shapes in back of the front one are formed by the one in front of it. I know, it sounds confusing, but this is where you can use ZOrder to get really cool effects and pretty soon it will just make sense how it works.

It was super confusing for me when I was creating PCS. But after time you realize there is no other way to do it, and the way it works actually works pretty well :-bd
    eh, the more i think about it, that picture isn't really a good example lol. I will come up with better explanations after i have my morning caffeine
    That's a beautiful card, is that a pcs card or just an example?

I really love learning how to use this program. My daughter asked if it's hard to
    make those pop-up cards with the words I made her since she wants to give them to all her friends for birthdays this year. It was just a card with a word on it. It's sooo easy now. I want to learn to make that kind of insanely intricate card.
    Yes, that is a card I made in PCS and that rendering was done with the Virtual Snapshot feature (it used a focal blur in camera settings).

Not my design though!

That's awesome that your daughter wants popup cards for her birthday party. I was going to do my christmas cards this year as popup cards, but I had too many deadlines. Next year.. for sure.

Here's another shot of that card:
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,297
    @Andy the card is beautiful...can see a lot of these happening, LOL!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!