We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

College logo help

I need to cut the South Carolina Gamecocks logo in vinyl to put on a glass for a gift but am having issues getting the design in different layers to be able to cut them. Haven't done many detailed designs like this before and am not sure what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• JanaBaileyJanaBailey Member Posts: 737
    That is a tough one. I think I'm too much of a newbie to do one that intricate. I'll bet there will be someone on here soon that can help you! Welcome to MTC!
    Proud owner of Zippy the Zing! Abilene, TX Yeehaw! My blog: http://janabailey.blogspot.com/ - I love visitors! My new art website: http://www.brightandmerrydesigns.com/
  • NicoleHNicoleH Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. I LOVE my MTC and have been using it for quite awhile but haven't done anything to intricate - just basic designs so this will be fun, challenging and frustrating all at the same time. :)
  • JanaBaileyJanaBailey Member Posts: 737
    I LOVE MTC also. BTW when I looked at the logo, I am thinking that bringing it into MTC through the pixel trace option then doing it by color scan would probably be the best bet. Just do one color at a time, that way it will put them on the mat by color and then you can put each color on its own layer. What I had a problem with was getting the really thin white line in the tail to come in correctly and there are SO many teeny tiny pieces to it. It would be great if you maybe had a somewhat simpler image of it. Good luck :)
    Proud owner of Zippy the Zing! Abilene, TX Yeehaw! My blog: http://janabailey.blogspot.com/ - I love visitors! My new art website: http://www.brightandmerrydesigns.com/
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,285
    Hey Nicole, Seems like I may have their logo done somewhere as a friend wanted it BUT that has been a long time ago and I will need to search my computers/dropbox. I won't be able to do that probably until tomorrow sometime though. I will check back and let you know if I found it if someone else doesn't hop on and help you out before then. (Sorry, its late where I am, I've been out of town all weekend at DD's VB tournament so I'm exhausted and headed to bed shortly. I was trying to get the timestamps for last week's webinar done first though.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Member Posts: 5,932
    edited February 2013
    Are you wanting the C with the gamecock in the center?
    How many colors are you wanting? Three? Red, black and white?
    edited February 2013
    Ok, finally got a chance to check my computers for the file this morning. I had a SVG file of the Gamecock logo. I'm having trouble getting it to upload here on the forum. I've put it in my dropbox account. You can download it from here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rifulg73sg7877f/USCGamecock.svg
    Go Vols!
    Tried to also upload a picture but it wouldn't upload either. Not sure what or where the problem is with uploading to the forum. Usually I have no problem!
    Go Vols!
    @NicholeH here is my go at it - this is a layered version... haven't cut it - just played with it at work... in case you want to do layers of colored vinyl. The picture I placed on a Gray background to simulate a windshield. Hope this helps. image
    Your's looks great @ruthgillis_ID2936. That is the same logo image that I shared as an SVG file above, the SVG file also is in layers if anyone needs that. I can't recall if I did that one or if I had found it some where previously.
    Go Vols!
  • NicoleHNicoleH Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    OMG you gals are awesome!!!! I just knew someone would be able to help me. I can't tell you how much time (and frustration) this will save me. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
    Glad we were able to help you out Nicole. Let us see what you do with it.
    Go Vols!
    @MeFlick I did d/l yours first! I thought it was just one layer/one color - sorry - I must have glanced at it and not taken a good look. I had a DEVIL of a time figuring out how to add the white around the gamecock; so did a shadow layer to get the white overlay on the C... If I took some more time I could probably figure out a better way to make it work... but I DID teach myself SOME node editing messing with tracing this in... so a good exercise regardless :)
  • DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
    Here is the gamecock I did. Know you have one but I tried to download earier. I like a good challenge. I am starting to spring clean so anythung to prograstinate. Darlene
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    Here is my try. Made for vinyl on 3 layers. White, Black and Crimson.
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
    edited February 2013
    Of course you were able to do the white shadow WAY better than I did!! AND you got the white in the beak!! NICE! LOVE IT! I had at one time added the white shadow layer around the initial too to try to connect... but failed miserably!! Will check out your file and see if I can use it and replicate using mine - I can only aspire to be doing such cool stuff As you Andy!! EXCELLENT file as always!! Thanks!
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    Thanks! I used Color Scans and set colors to 3. Then when back and did a lot of editing to get the 3 layers to lay on top of one another properly. For instance, the white layer is completely solid behind the other two layers.
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
    edited February 2013
    Great Job everybody! I took the easy way out and found one I already had on my computer! :)) I'm pretty sure it is not one that I did originally for two reasons. One, I didn't have both an SVG and a MTC file that I could find and if I had done it, I would have had both because I would have done it in MTC first! Second, because the file I had was not originally in the correct color "scheme" or layed together on the screen so I put the layers together for visual purposes (which is why you might not have noticed that Ruth) and made the layers the correct colors. I am a very "visual" person and want to see it as it would "look".

Somewhere on one of these computers I have an "SEC Logos" file that I need to get these added into!
    Go Vols!
    @Andy I did notice that - I did attempt to play around with a full white layer as the background... but was having issues getting the white around the tail feathers... And I can def see you did a lot of editing too!

@MeFlick will take another look at your file - I actually thought the "reverse" one color file was pretty cool looking - probably why I didn't look closer at it for mnore layers in the menu sidebar. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!