We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

goofy for you valentine

brianna_c1brianna_c1 Member Posts: 3,670
another vinyl...lol...cannot help myself
i am on a quick and easy mug design rampage here!!!
Stampin Up Demonstrator

Comments

• supermumsupermum Member Posts: 797
    Thank you x
    Proud owner of a Silhouette Cameo 1 and 3 and now A Brother Scan'n'Cut. Gallery ID number 8013
  • JeanogkevinJeanogkevin Member Posts: 18
    Can you tell me why I have to change the file in silhouette programs then I save
    and use the PNG file? I cant save and open the other file in silhouette.. :(
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,272

Can you tell me why I have to change the file in silhouette programs then I save
    and use the PNG file? I cant save and open the other file in silhouette.. :(

The first file is a Make the Cut file (MTC). It is designed in Make the Cut to be cut with the MTC software. You are on the MTC software forum. MTC is a 3rd party software that works with a variety of different cutters including Silhouette machines. Many Silhouette users use both software programs with their cutters but many prefer MTC as they find it easier and more features then the program that came with the machine. The MTC file format is proprietary to Make the Cut just like the cutting files created with the Silhouette software are proprietary to their program. As a result, you cannot open a MTC file with the Silhouette software. Since Brianna is also sharing a PNG file so people can SEE what her file looks like (thank you Brianna!) so they can decide if they want to download it or not, you are able to take her PNG file into the Silhouette program and do a trace on it with that program.

If you do not have MTC and are not familiar with its features, you can find the link to download a free trial version of it from here: http://www.make-the-cut.com. Make sure to get a copy of the Silhouette Plug-in for your cutter so MTC can "talk" to it. Note that the trial version will cut "watermarks" into your project, will not let you print from it, and will not let you export files out from it (if it let you do all that, there would be no need to pay for it! ;) The price is under $60 and ALL UPDATES are free (there is no new Designer Edition put out that you have to buy and pay for updates for either).
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • ewoobenjaminewoobenjamin Member Posts: 102
    Thank you!
    Esther WB
  • mamanaymamanay Member Posts: 227
  • crystallinepottercrystallinepotter Member Posts: 51
    Thank you! My 18 month Grand-daughter is "goofy" for all the goofy, Minnie and mickey she can get her hands on!
  • ajandfourajandfour Member Posts: 212
  • craftyamacraftyama Member Posts: 406
  • NancNanc Member Posts: 632
    Love Goofey! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!