We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

I need prayer... OT

P1x3L.F3T1SHP1x3L.F3T1SH Member Posts: 325
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
My family is having a hard time... it's been going on now and off for years. I'm a born again Christian, not perfect but trying. And I feel REAL weak and hopeless alot lately. My hubby has been unemployed for nearly 2 months now... and we are trying to make ends meet. He is only getting $125.00 a week in umemployment! I have prayed and trusted and believed... And I know God can do ANYTHING! I'm starting to think maybe I have done something I can't remember I did... and maybe he is angry with me... And that's why my prayers are seemingly going unanswered. I have asked forgiveness...for even things I may have don but am unaware of. I feel like the character in the poem *footprints*... I know this may be odd. Maybe not all of you believe in God... if you do tho and you read this plz pray for me and my family! Thanx in advance! <3 God bless.

Comments

• ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Member Posts: 5,932
    We are here for you and you are in our thoughts! Best wishes!!
  • TamTam Member Posts: 1,523
    Don't give up hope! God is walking with you and the hard times we go thru are the ones that make us strong. Be still and listen for God's direction in your life right now and continue praying. I will lift your family up in prayer, asking for strength, mercy and grace for you.
    Cheers...Tam
  • GaTechGalGaTechGal Member Posts: 898
    edited April 2010
    Pixel, I truly believe that God is always there. And sometimes we are called to be the "Good Samaritan", but sometimes we are the Man in the Road - allowing God to call others. Reach out to your church as ask for assistance. There is not shame as we are all there to support each other. Paul CLEARLY states that in several of his letters. But I don't think God punishes us (there is enough evil in the world that He doesn't need to add any) he redeems us. But it's never stated anywhere that God makes things easy. He's just there enduring with us. I'm adding you to my prayer list.
  • K_leeK_lee Member Posts: 6,416
    Sending prayers your way and praying things will get better soon.
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
  • nanajoynanajoy Member Posts: 828
    God is not punishing you. If you have ask for forgiveness, then God has forgiven you. Make sure your have forgiven yourself. It is not God, but Satan that is trying to trip up up. He is always there trying to make us fall. When that happens to me, I pray and say " Get behind me Satan" I will pray for you today. God is there for you, and so are we.
    Joy S. Columbia, MO
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,133
    Pixel, you and your family will be in my prayers. I know it's a platitude, but sometimes when God closes a door, He opens a window. Maybe your hubby is meant to be doing something even more fulfilling with his life!

My boss of 16 years is in his 80's and so my job is soon to be gone. Jobs are scarce in this town for what I do, so I'm starting to look at other options. I know your hubs is probably already looking around at other fields, I just want to encourage you that the right something is out there. Please don't give up.

Lisa
    Live Love Craft
  • KimATCKimATC Member Posts: 785
    edited April 2010
    Oh my gosh, I am in the exact same situation, feeling exactly the same things!! I finished my Master's in 2008 and have not found full-time work yet. I am probably going to have to file for bankruptcy because of all of the student loans now. I am so sorry for all you are going through, because I KNOW exactly what you are feeling. That, along with my mom's health issues all have me SOO stressed right now. And I feel the same way about unanswered prayer, - am I being punished for something. But I know that is not how He works, so I continue on trying to be positive. I will add you to my prayers, and I truly believe He does not give us more than we can handle!! Now if only I can apply that to thinking about MY life, lol!! Hang in there.
    Post edited by KimATC on
  • John&KathyJohn&Kathy Member Posts: 264
    WE don't always understand why we walk the path that we do and it isn't always one we would choose for ourselves. God sometimes allows us to go through difficult times, it could be a time of discipline or not. When we ask for forgiveness we are forgiven the Bible is very clear in that, there is nothing more to do except to stop doing whatever that was. Difficult times doesn't always mean punishment. Look at Job, here was a man who was righteous before God yet he went through a very hard time. Satan is the one that is called the Great Accuser, he brings things up that you have already been forgiven for and keeps throwing it your face. His job is to keep you questioning your faith and your trust in your Heavenly Father.

This may be a time that you need to fully submit and tell the Father, not my will but Yours and He has promised that He will take care of you. Once we fully rely on Him He will take care of you, He promised. Some people ask, how do you know there is a god? I have to say this is one of the ways. We when fully rely on Him there is nothing He can't do it may not be as we expected or when but I promise He will. If you are truly a child of His, don't let Satan distract you or discourage you.

In Luke 12:22-31 it says:

[22] Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. [23] Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. [24] Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! [25] Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life*? [26] Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
    [27] “Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. [28] If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! [29] And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. [30] For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. [31] But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

May God bless you and keep you, may He shine His countenance on you and give you peace.
  • NavymomNavymom Member Posts: 13
    Praying for you and your family. Keep your eye on the Lord.
  • carterbkcarterbk Member Posts: 116
    When it seems like God is so far away from you that is when he is doing his greatest work! I have found that to be true in so many situations.

Our Dear Heavenly Father I lift up PlX3L.F3T1SH and KimATC to you right now Lord and place them in your loving, merciful and healing arms. I plead the Blood of Jesus over them and place the Armor of God over them; no weapon formed against them shall prosper. I pray blessings over their family, finances, health, spiritually, physically and mentally. Bless them indeed Lord so they may prosper in everything they say and do. You know their needs Lord, we ask that you reach down and touch them right now and fill them with your love, peace and comfort in knowing you are there and you hear their cries. In your precious name we pray, Amen.
  • peoriagrammypeoriagrammy Member Posts: 598
    Everyone here has been right on with their advice and sentiments. I will simply add don't give up praying and believing. He IS listening. He just doesn't do things in OUR time but in HIS time and HIS wisdom. It's hard to wait but what He is planning is greater and better than anything we could plan. I'll be praying for you! :)
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
    I will be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
  • John&KathyJohn&Kathy Member Posts: 264
    Peoriagrammy,

Exactly it.... well said!
  • happy2bscrappinhappy2bscrappin Member Posts: 973
    You will be in my prayers. My husband and I went through this last year. He was without a job for 4 months, just taking odd jobs here and there to help get us through. I'm a stay at home mom and had no income either. It was tough but because of the prayers of our family and friends we made it through it. Keep your faith, I know how difficult it is. God will get you through this. I felt so guilty because I would find myself asking God why, and why weren't my prayers getting through. He knows what is best for us in the long run. He sees what we can't. He is a loving God and He understands that we are human and we all make mistakes. He is working through you for some purpose and you will come out stronger on the other side. I held on to Jermiah 29:11, Ps 37:25, and Phil 4:19. Be strong and cling to Him.
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    I am an agnostic at best for reasons of my own, but I am sending as many good thoughts your way as I can.
  • KATHYANNKATHYANN Member Posts: 1,428
    sweetie you are in my thoughts and prayers. I believe we have a loving God. there are trials and tribulations everyone goes through and we come out stronger in the end. you know the saying; what doesnt kill us will make us stronger. I dont believe we get punished for things we did once you ask forgiveness, forgiveness is yours. hang on to your faith with that and prayer things will come around. sending hugs & Prayers!!!!
    Kathy - Katiedoodlesgran
  • CherylCCherylC Member Posts: 1,097
    Hi Pixel,

Maybe this will help. I was exactly where you are, but things do tend to work out. I know this from my own personal experience.

A little background: I was married to a very abusive husband and decided to get a restraining order against him. He violated it several times and the last time he did, he showed up with a knife and tried to do serious harm as I was getting in my car to leave for work, when I saw the knife I immediately started to pray and I asked God to help me and at that very moment I locked eyes with a woman who I had never seen in my neighborhood before pass my garage door and she was on a cell phone, at that moment I knew if I didn't do something I was going to die, so I started to scream and I'm certain it was her that called the police and saved my life that morning. He escaped, but til this day I don't know who the woman is, as I had never seen her before and I have never seen her since so I firmly believe she was sent by Divine Intervention, God was truly looking out for me that day. During that time my mom was living with me because she had lost her home of 39 years in Katrina and she was pretty sick with pancreatic cancer however, she was always worried about me even though she was in intense pain. My husband was caught about 6 months later and went to trial 2 weeks after I buried my mother in November of 08, he was sentenced to 25 years in prison, but before he was caught he did some serious financial damage ($70,000 worth). Two months after that I was laid off for the 1st time in my life, the despair was smothering me. My sister kept telling me to give it up to God, but I was losing hope and didn't understand how these things kept happening to me, I knew I was a good person so why was I being punished. I was unemployed for 9 months and only receiving $125 per week in unemployment which ran out within 6 months, because of the debt he incurred during the marriage I was held responsible for it as his spouse, but I had no job and no prospects so I now have 4 debt judgments against me. I must have submitted my resume to about 100 jobs, I only had 2 interviews out the whole bunch and was getting to a point where I thought I would just give up and abandon my house and move back to Louisiana. I woke up in the middle of the night one day and started to pray, it wasn't the normal type of prayer. I just spoke to God like he was my friend, since I couldn't get back to sleep I decided to log on and check my email and in my email was a JOB OFFER!!

I have been here for 7 months now and couldn't be happier. I have to file Chapter 7, but after everything I've gone through in the past 2 years, I know I can recover and so will you.

I pray this gives you some hope that things ALWAYS works out for the best. My daughter and I are safe and I have a job I love and I am rebuilding my life.

Cheryl
    image If you purchase Graphics Factory Membership please consider using my Affiliate Link. Thanks♪♥CherylC♥♪ - Gallery ID: 2836 Taylor Made Originals Shop | Crafting Blog | TMO FB Page | Baking Blog | Follow Me on Pinterest
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    You are in my thoughts and prayers...

It may not seem like it, but God ALWAYS answers our prayers...but sometimes the answer is, "No", or ,"Not yet"... I know...and it's VERY hard to wait, but blessings will come and you will be stronger for the trials...

Hugs,

Jeanette
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • AibonitoAibonito Member Posts: 94
    In addition to prayer remember that God has given you talents and and abilities to survive. There are many ways depending on your location that a stay at home mom can bring in extra money, I suspect that many of us are needing to fall back on normally unused talents. Do you own a sewing machine? Go to all the quilting shops and offer a binding service. It is amazing how many quilters enjoy the piecing but just hate the final binding process. Is there a legal way that you can offer child care? Can you make meals for ladies who do have jobs and don't have the energy to cook dinner? There are ways to survive and with your Gods help you can find the way. Your situation is not unique--many are in the same boat. It just takes creative thinking to see what is out there. And think of odd jobs that your husband might do while searching for his next job. This is just the way life is now. And plan happy things that your family can do together that don't need to cost money. I have a friend who does very well with a pet care service--feeding and checking up on pets for out of town owners. And remember that some very sucessful businesses were started at kitchen tables.

Anne
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Support Bump
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • P1x3L.F3T1SHP1x3L.F3T1SH Member Posts: 325
    I am SO touched! All of you have touched my heart! I'm crying. Over these nearly 2 months I had gotten to a point where I began to pray less... read the word less... but very recently I realized that wasn't what I NEEDED. I need the word, and I need to have people pray with me! All the thought and prayers... all your stories... I cannot put into words how much it means to me that you all shared ur stories, and cared enough to send a well wish and prayer! I will read every verse that was shared with me in this thread over the weekend. Those of you kind enough to quote them I know I needed to read. =] I really do LOVE this MB! I will pray forALL of you too! Thanx so very much... I really needed to be encouraged! *thanx God for people like all of you* <33
    P1x3L - it will get better. Speaking as someone who's DH has been laid off a few times in the last decade or so (the longest time was 7 or 8 months), it only feels like it has been forever. And it only feels as if you're buried and won't be able to dig out, but you will make it through.

There's a stamp I've got (from Tim Holtz) that has always struck a note in my brain and heart: Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes, it is a matter of changing your perspective to see it. (or something like that - don't have the stamp in front of me.) Even after 13 plus years of feeling lousy, I'm still grateful for what my illness has given me. I'm more patient. I'm more thankful for my good days. I have time to explore my art. And I've "met" some pretty amazing people through my art.
    waterrabbit - Thanx very much for sending ur well-wishes and sharing ur story with me. All of you have given me SO much need encouragement! I feel better! A lil' lighter! =] Not sure what ur illness is doll, but I will pray for you. Agnostic or not prayer never hurts. *hugz* This MB is SO great... coz there are SO many great peeps here! Much love and many blessings to you all!
    I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It could be a lot worse. I've got a husband who loves me and mostly indulges my whims and I've got good doctors who believe me. And I made my way though the nightmare maze of SSDI.

Agnostic may not have been the right word. I was raised Catholic (12 years of uniforms) and while I believe there is a greater power, I'm not comfortable naming it and I don't believe in religion. But good thoughts, wishes and blessings are universal.
    Well religion is man's design... His word though, is universal. It's good to know you are strong and blest. Hubby's should ALWAYS indulge our whims! heheh I don't know you very well but am glad we have a way to know one another. =] I met my hubby on-line and my best friend too! The world would be much lonlier without puters and the net! Know that good thought, prayers and blessings have been sent ur way today! <3
  • kidkid Member Posts: 68
    You need to remember the promise and claim it. God promises to always provide for your needs! Not your wants but your needs.
    Thanx hun, I know! =] Life lately had just blurred my vision a bit.
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    I agree with John and the others honey!!!!!!!!! Hang in there.

I'll be praying.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanx very much! I am trying! <3
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!