We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Photoshop Help

jtrranchesjtrranches Member Posts: 2,631
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
OK, did I do this right? My friend took pictures of our girls trying out for cheerleading and they weren't the best pictures in the world but all I did was tell PE 8.0 to auto correct it because I really don't know hoe to use PE 8.0.

What do you all think?

Oh and my daughter is the blondish one on the right end. #29

Oh and all the girls from this group made the squad. 4 on JV and 2 on Varsity.

Terina
Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner

Comments

• Amy_ChomasAmy_Chomas Member Posts: 1,301
    You can email it to me at [email protected]
    I love Photoshop!
    It does look a lot better though.
  • jtrranchesjtrranches Member Posts: 2,631
    Ok will send in a minute. There are 2 pictures.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
    Just sent them. Thank you

Terina
    I emailed you back, I need them full size!!
    Amy, tried to print and they actually fo print on 4x6.

Terina
    Terina, maybe it is the way you forwarded it to me then? They are sized 600x450 when I download them. I can't even zoom in a little, it is all pixels. I lose all details.
    When I can check my computer again I will I am at work and having to reset the whole computer down here darn hubby. She said she just emailed them to me but I don't have your email on this phone only on the laptop at home.

Terina
  • JensMomJensMom Member Posts: 1,151
    I have Photoshop7, if you want to mail it to me if Amy can't get it and I will correct it. It looks like it needs to be cropped and color corrected also. If you have a dropper icon in Photoshop Elements, you can click on what is supposed to be white with the white eye dropper and what is supposed to be black with the black dropper and then try to find a grey area and click with the grey dropper and that should bring the pix into alignment. Let me know if I can help you. I know that PE doesn't have the same tools as Photoshop7 so I don't know what you have to work with.
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Member Posts: 4,246
    edited April 2010
    Post edited by Angel135612 on
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Member Posts: 1,519
    jtranches -

send me the original file and DO NOT use your email client, apparently (from what I gather when you tried with amy), your email client is automatically resizing down your file. I also need the original file. I have CS4, and do alot of photoshop work.

instead of using your email client, go to the web at: http://free.mailbigfile.com/

and direct your file to email to me at patwl then the apersand symbol then verizon.net (you put it together all no spaces). When I get the file, I will make it better for you. Angel, your attempt is extremely pixelated.............

Pat
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Member Posts: 4,246
    edited April 2010
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Angel honey,

We know you were helping... not your fault the photos posted here are already sized down and too small to work with... chin up!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    In fooling around, I vectorized the photo using illustrator and brought it into .mtc but the forum will not allow me to upload the attachment..........too big........jtranches if you email me off board, I'll give you the file.....
    Hi am at the cheer meeting will send again when I get home.

Terina
    edited April 2010
    Jen, I don't have your email on the computer I am on.

Pat, the original image I had was what her daughter sent me and it was from what she posted on MySpace. She obviously knows how to shrink them down for that purpose. I got the original camera images from her mom earlier but since I was resetting the office computer today because the dear man I call Jim AKA the hubby did something to it to make it NOT work anymore, I couldn't see to well on the iPhone to do a whole lot of anything other then post a message or two on this thread.

Jeanette, explain the Almond Joy picture please. My brain is hurting from all the info I got at the meeting. Did you know that cheerleading really is work and not just a bunch of girls in short skirts jumping and yelling? I knew it but really didn't know ALL involved. My DD is going to be one busy girl!!!!!!! They do at least get 1/2 year credit towards PE for it. Now need to contact the school to ask if she needs to be in PE all year then.

Pat, what and how did you vectorize what image. I have Illustrator CS4 Illustrator CS2 and Photoshop Elements 8.0. Can I do what ever you did with one of those? I have no clue as to how to play in any Adobe programs. They are on the list for me to learn.

Angel, thanks for keeping the message at the top for me or did you try to fix it. In NO WAY was it your fault because the original image was VERY LOW in quality. THANKS for all you did.

Terina
    Post edited by jtrranches on
    Poor Terina, long day, huh?

The Almond Joys were a pick-me-up for Angel. ;-)

Sounds like you could use a little rest now too...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    Yes I could but I have so much to do. Need to do dishes, 2 loads of laundry and write a letter to the sponsers that we would like to sponser my daughter. If I wasn't afraid of the shop at night, I would go down there and work but it really creeps me out to be there in the dark without DH AKA the hubby.

Terina
    Don't blame you, best to stay out of dark, lonely places at 11:10 P.M. (even if it is on your property)

Blech...lots still to do... I should send some happy candy your way...any favorites? ;D
    UMMMMMMM not really I don't like candy or sweets to much. Now a Margarita, that would be nice.

Terina
    Bringing to top again.

Terina
  • ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Member Posts: 5,932
    Yes to a margarita please :)
    Somebody else will have to find a pic and post that...I don't do alcohol or caffeine... ;D
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
    here you go ladies strawberry
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
    LOL,

GREAT TIMING Rachell!!!! ROFL...
    bumping this to the top - terina check your email from me - I sent you the edited files - did both shots -

If terina gives me approval, I will show my edited shots and work. I brought both of these into camera raw, adjusted, and then on the photoshop side, dodged the faces to bring those out of the dark..............(there was another shot Terina had which she did not post which is SO MUCH nicer than the shot she posted!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm ALOT better in photoshop than in .MTC - I haven't the experience with vectors enough yet................
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    But there's a lot of designing you can do in Photoshop just using the custom shapes and such.
    Pat go ahead and share, I don't mind a bit. I am dowloading them right now.

What does actual Photoshop do over Photoshop Elements and do I NEED (Stupid Question I Know) Photoshop?

Terina
    watter rabbit -

I agree, but thus far, my emphasis had always been on rasters for photos, and restoration of old photos, I never thought about using photoshop from a graphic standpoint..............it was always about photos.....................
    terina did you like them?
    ok I'm going to upload to my host and link......then you guys will see the power of photoshop in all its glory...........
  • P1x3L.F3T1SHP1x3L.F3T1SH Member Posts: 325
    I'm a photoshop junkie too! =] It looks better! Photoshop is such a blessing! I have liked restored ALL of my mom's pix when I was doing her scrap book. I can fix most things... unless it's just over the top. heh
    Was waiting for them to doanload and YES I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thank you sosososososososo much.

Terina
    I am at academic supserstore now whcking out Photoshop prices. I can get college edition for $200 and Lightroom for $100.

Is that a good price?

Terina
    YAY! I wanna see! *pouts*
    edited April 2010
    They are to big now to load here. She will geet them loaded and linked in a few. They turned out awesome.

DUHHHHHH can do a screen shot.

Just edited to show the actual first image of this shot.

Terina
    edited April 2010
    Alright ladies............

I HOPE I am doing the link right - I subscribe to flickr for my photos......(I really wanted to crop to get rid of the signs on the door but this is not my photo and not my call..........)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157623965379202/
    The above doesn't do justice to Pat's HARD work but you can see it at least.

Terina
    OH! SO great! Such a good feeling when you took an ok pic and make it amazing! Great job! Pritty grrrls! I have ALL boiz! lol If I had a grrrl she would be the rottenest grrrl ever tho! So it's for the best! LOL
    Think mine isn't???? She is the only girl out of 6. I only have 2 but hubbies brother has 4 boys.

Oh and my DD is #29.

Terina
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!