We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

When did speaking of [PC become 'taboo'?]

rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
Ok maybe I missed something here since I have been busy doing other things but this was brought to my attention and did not know that we were not allowed to mention PC and that it was taboo and when did we become annoying to some one and they not open the mouth that god gave them and say something before making the accuztion on the PC board here is the like the one I want you to read is on page 3 and is by Sparkesister whos real first name is jill , http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=6614338&mpage=3&key=
My comment to her is if she feels like a spy then she brought it on herself and if she thinks PC is so great then why bash a nother program when her love for pc and her disap[pointment in what they created didn't work, I sounds like she want PC to get wonderful people over there like we have here which after all these years if they haven't found them yet then why would they go to the trouble of doing so now, If she thinks our forum has annoyed her then thats because we are here for the MTC forum not the PC Message borad, If she wanted to only discuss what she has done in PC then do it over there if she wants to share MTC then that should be here Sorry but this is my opinion but just when things were slowly getting back to normal so to speak we get some one posting just to stir the pot .
imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/

Comments

• SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,133
    Interesting that you feel like a "spy" on this forum, Jill. I don't feel like I'm being treated that way and I use an E and a Yudu. I haven't had anyone speak unkindly to me about it. Most of us here have PC products, we're mostly just ticked at their inconsistent policies and this ridiculous lawsuit.

I am, however, starting to save for a Gazelle, as I want to move up. I will give my E and carts to my Mom, along with a gift of MTC.

Please feel welcome to share what you do with your PC products and MTC.

Lisa
    Live Love Craft
  • K_leeK_lee Member Posts: 6,416
    Guess we are annoying to some cuz we love MTC so much and don't need what the other has to offer, other than the machines we bought.......but you right, yet she sayes she hate's DS......lol...and probably owns MTC but couldn't mention that.....
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
  • jtrranchesjtrranches Member Posts: 2,631
    I think people just like to keep uproar going on. I have tried lately to look at the positive side of all things. Yes, even my E and CDS. I do more designing then I actually do cutting so the E is perfect for me. Do I want a higher end machine, YES but do I need it, NO. Did I just say that????? Someone slap me please. LOL

Life is just to short to get so upset over a "FUN" time activity. I don't think my BP needs me constantly upset.

I was always a "Don't share ANY copyrighted thing" person but Tabberone and her wonderful site have given me a new outlook on it. Plus I remember when Andy did put the backup in, he said it was OK and that he wouldn't get into trouble. That is what I remember but can't find the post to prove it.

Let's just ignore the MB and have our fun here.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    is she even a member here?????

I dont' see anyone being TABOO. YES we choose to boycott PC many of us but I don't think that we are mean to people that ask questions about PC products at all. That was a mean thing to say. Did she not think we would see that?

JT, you are correct he said that and I don't think he was wrong.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad I am not the only one that remembers it. Jeanette needs to post it as she always seems to know the right post.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
    oh and I use the Expression to (though I'll admit lately I"ve went back to the CR)
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Right now I only have the Expression and Create so I to use only PC cutters.

Terina
  • armywfearmywfe Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2010
    hmmm... I haven't posted much but I have done a WHOLE lot of reading here. I haven't seen anyone say anything negative about anyone that uses the PC products. Most of us do.
    I have a Cricut, the original in fact. lol. Would love to upgrade but it's not a priority right now. I have PC products. I think all that was ever said about PC products that could even be a LITTLE misconstrued as negative was about DS vs. MTC.... And she, herself, is unhappy with DS. It's a fact, we can do much more with MTC. It's not like we are bashing PC.
    Oh my, it just goes to prove my theory... there are just those people in the world that have to make a mountain out of a molehill.
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Deleted...right as I got there...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • KimATCKimATC Member Posts: 785
    I posted a bunch of baby clothing last week made with a recent cartridge, and no one said one unkind word. This post puzzled me too! I feel like we go out of our way here to not be mean, specifically because of everything that goes on at the other MB. Hmm...
  • The Biscuit ScrapsThe Biscuit Scraps Member Posts: 334
    Here's page 3

RE: PC is Big Brother! - 4/29/2010 5:46:10 AM
    DeniseLHill
    PC is foolish. They should be happy we are finding ways to make our cricuts more productive, thus insuring that we will continue to be customers.
    As for the other software issue, I would have never purchased one if ds wasn't so lacking. Come on, not even a simple group feature??????? How long have we begged for that? Having more creative options increases our purchasing of PC products, they just refuse to see it.
    _

Denise
    4/29/2010 6:05:55 AM
    Status: online I sometimes have single posts deleted right out of threads with no explanantion. I don 't think the higher ups have any clue what the MB police are deleting or about the feeling of dissention on this board.
    I think I am going to write to Jim Thornton and Jim Colby to voice my opinion and all of you should too .
    These deleters of our posts more than likely aren't communicating what we are saying to PC , just deleting .
    [email protected]aft.com and [email protected]

(in reply to DeniseLHill)
    4/29/2010 6:06:28 AM
    Bee
    -
    I "get" the fact that using something not designed for use with their product(s) voids the warranty. Ok. Make that plain and clear on all the packaging, etc., whatever. So if it voids the warranty, and say something happens to your Cricut, etc., Well why in the world would we not want to replace it and buy another one? We have lots of money invested in our carts, Gypsys, etc. If it's broke, we'll buy another one don't you think? We're hooked. We have to have our gadgets. Can't they see past that to know we will replace our machines if something should cause them to go belly up?
    _
    4/29/2010 6:08:17 AM
    No New Messages
    AmyChomas

Status: online This whole "may" void the warranty is just silly. I bet it is right up there with the Angel Policy and they can't legally do anything about it but they write it anyways.
    I buy 3rd party items for my Wii, for my computer, for just about everything in my house, and none of those "void" my warranty.

SAHM to my 4 , Taylor, 16, Cameron, 12, Ella, 5, and Jack, 3 years

My blog... Amy Chomas

(in reply to Bee)
    [Send Private Message] Post #: 44
    RE: PC is Big Brother! - 4/29/2010 6:33:53 AM
    No New Messages
    stefanyb123
    Bug o'holic

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlamarredesigns

This is not the only board that has restriction, on 2 peas you can't link to other sites that carries digital or sell products, nor can you come and talk about products that are not sold in their store.
    Splitcoaststampers the same restriction, most major forums have restrictions..

Maggie

Not true. 2peas doesn't sell Cricut, and theres a zillion posts on there about it. And about 90% of the posts are about SPECIFIC products.

You aren't "supposed" to post "LINKS" only to other sites that sell the same stuff they do. Still, they are NAZIS about it, either.

Heck, I'd be tickled pink, and I'm sure a lot of others would to, if the only things that got deleted was LINKS to other cutters!

< Message edited by stefanyb123 -- 4/29/2010 6:37:54 AM >

[image]http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/stefanyb123/coal20miner202.jpg?[/image]

(in reply to mlamarredesigns)
    [Send Private Message] Revisions: 2 | Post #: 45
    RE: PC is Big Brother! - 4/29/2010 6:37:03 AM
    No New Messages
    GirlFromOz
    Bug Guide

quote:

ORIGINAL: NavyMom

GrammyCris As per the bug guides response all products not made by PC should be deleted. That would be well and good if there was any consistency to it. So I guess that we are being told we can not talk about paper, glue, tape, ribbon, buttons, brads, flowers, stamps, and so on and so on.

To me the bug guides seem very matter of fact and down right rude at times.

Really? I thought that we have been happy to help anyone here with their problems. I haven't noticed any Bug Guides being rude....

Narelle's DS Blog: http://myfaqcricutds.blogspot.com/

(in reply to NavyMom)
    [Send Private Message] Post #: 46
    RE: PC is Big Brother! - 4/29/2010 7:32:06 AM
    No New Messages
    MelissaAllore
    Bugalicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: NavyMom

To me the bug guides seem very matter of fact and down right rude at times.

I couldn't agree more with this statement...except for the "S" on the word guide. It's only one of the bug guides in particular that always seems to come off as rude and condescending. I'm still trying to figure out how she got grouped in with all of the other helpful and kind ladies that were chosen.

Sometimes it's the way you package and deliver things.

Come visit my blog! Disney Dreamer Designs

(in reply to NavyMom)
    [Send Private Message] Post #: 47
    RE: PC is Big Brother! - 4/29/2010 7:51:25 AM
    No New Messages
    lovethatbug
    Cricutette

quote:

This whole "may" void the warranty is just silly. I bet it is right up there with the Angel Policy and they can't legally do anything about it but they write it anyways.
    I buy 3rd party items for my Wii, for my computer, for just about everything in my house, and none of those "void" my warranty.

First off, I agree 100& with what you said. I agree about the "may void your warranty".
    I have a Dell computer, and it is the same thing that if Dell were to tell me that if I bought a printer and hooked it up to my computer that wasn't made by Dell it may void my warranty" That would be stupid!!!
    I would understand if I took my computer or cricut apart and broke something, then than would/could/should void my warranty, but for simply attaching something to another item is stupid as far as warranty.

~~If PC would read what we write, rather than delete it, I think they would learn something. Their products are not cheap after all. I mean c'mon, Carts at Joanns are $89. Are you kidding me? So maybe PC should come out with some kind of software to where we can expand our designs, maybe a mat glue to extend their lives, maybe pen holders, or embossing holders so we can do more with our paper.~~
    PC is a good company and I love all their products, but they need to expand things more. It would benefit them as well as us.

As far as posts getting deleted. This is THEIR forum and they have the right to remove what they want. Just like us bloggers do. It is MY blog and if someone writes something that I don't like or doesn't belong, you bet your behind I will delete it.
    ~~Try going to job interview for Edy's ice cream and the whole time you are talking about how Ben & Jerrys is so great and has so many flavors etc etc, I guarantee you won't get the job~~
    Stacy

Swing by my blog and say hi!
  • The Biscuit ScrapsThe Biscuit Scraps Member Posts: 334
    3rd part of page 3

(in reply to MelissaAllore)
    [Send Private Message] Post #: 48
    RE: PC is Big Brother! - 4/29/2010 7:52:48 AM
    No New Messages
    bnlnkids
    Chirper

Status: online "Almost as annoying as PC's Big Brother Orwellian attitude, is the attitude of the PC groupies, with the automatic approval of anything PC does. The recent posts on the 'new and improved' angel policy is a good example."

Wow... I really don't think the "groupies" are purposefully setting out to annoy you (or anyone else). I understand that you're (more than) upset with PC, but can we just agree to disagree and not make this personal? Just a suggestion. Thanks for listening.

Lisa C
    www.my-little-ink-spot.blogspot.com

(in reply to MelissaAllore)
    [Send Private Message] Post #: 49
    RE: PC is Big Brother! - 4/29/2010 8:01:36 AM
    No New Messages
    sparklesister
    Cricuteer

Status: online I am annoyed at PC right now, they remind us constantly with the deleting that this is their board. My other favorite board is also annoying. It is suddenly taboo to talk about pc and the awesome thing the product will do. You are a "spy" if you even mention it. I love my cricut and all the things I can buy for it, no matter where. I bought DS, huge mistake. I guess I did it because I loved my cricut and really did believe they could make a great software. I learned the hard way.
    What PC really needs is some of you wonderful creative ladies to go and teach them what is amazing and what we will buy. We will line up for greatness when it is offered. Until then, let the others compete!

(in reply to bnlnkids)
    [Send Private Message] Post #: 50
    RE: PC is Big Brother! - 4/29/2010 8:26:10 AM
    No New Messages
    KimVicari
    Cricutette

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeniseLHill

PC is foolish. They should be happy we are finding ways to make our cricuts more productive, thus insuring that we will continue to be customers.
    As for the other software issue, I would have never purchased one if ds wasn't so lacking. Come on, not even a simple group feature??????? How long have we begged for that?
    Having more creative options increases our purchasing of PC products, they just refuse to see it.

Perfect! I could not agree more. So many of you are saying it all so well, and taking the words right out of my mouth.

I agree with NavyMom that a couple of the Bug Guides can be defensive, condescending, and even confrontational - but not all!! The insistence of ardent "rah-rahs" (as some have coined the term) to turn a blind eye to the deficiencies of a product, or product line, is what keeps the product deficient in the first place. Just a thought!

Sorry if someone felt like a 'spy' but we are still definitely on edge with the lawsuit still going on (as far as we know) and obivously PC keeping such a close watch on our forum... :( When someone comes and signs in for the very first time and asks what could seem like leading questions...it does arouse a certain amount of suspicion, but if you stay around and get to know us and vice-versa, we are a wild and crazy bunch of fun(ny) people...

'Nuff said IMHO, but feel free to add any additional comments/feelings of your own ;)

Jeanette
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • Beanie_ID62Beanie_ID62 Member Posts: 3,820
    ooooooooh oooooooh

Pick me I want to be a spy

Just call me double 0 6.5

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/437/437,1217169287,1/stock-vector-alphabet-kids-undercover-agent-vector-15406090.jpg
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    hee hee hee
  • Amy_ChomasAmy_Chomas Member Posts: 1,301
    It is just a bummer that any of this happened.
    Amy I bought pens today so I will be ordering the pen gizzy tomorrow soon as I put some money in the bank
    Very cool! They are on sale!
    I know I saw that.... hey I could only find one box of colored pens and one box of all black is there other colors?
    Not yet, but I'm going to sell some on my blog as soon as I can get them! 20 more colors, 10 glitter and 10 metallic! I so can't wait!
    oh ok cool. The ones I got were like $2.00 I hope I got the right ones I think I did. They had several boxes left
  • GaTechGalGaTechGal Member Posts: 898
    So Beanie, does double 0 6.5 mean you're only a half a step away from the big time?
    yep! LOL flying under the radar giggle
    They have been on sale for $2, so maybe they still are! Good deal!
  • nanajoynanajoy Member Posts: 828
    Last week, when I went to Staples, I asked how long the pens would be on sale for $2 and the lady said until June or July, but when I went back yesterday, I bought the last two they had on the shelf, I hope they get more, and she was right about the length of the sale.
    Joy S. Columbia, MO
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Member Posts: 4,246
    I just read the above post about someone feeling like a spy, and I don't get where you all think it is someone from here. There are OTHER MB besides this one and PCs. When I went over to the SCAL forum, to see if perhaps there was something there that might have someone feeling like a spy, I found a mention of another lawsuit about some members of a card making forum that took an image and changed it a bit, and then created their own rubber stamps out of the images. No mention of the name of the forum or any other identifying remarks, so since there was none mentioned in the above post that started this thread, could it be at all possible that the person that posted on the CMB was talking about some where other than here and didn't want to put any names in their post??

I don't know who the poster was talking about, and I'm sure the lawsuit against MTC is not the only one that is going on out in the world of copyrights. I did get to read some of that thread before it got deleted this morning before I left for work, and I don't remember any mention of MTC in any of it (If it's the one I am remembering correctly). It is possible there are other spies out there as well.
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • AibonitoAibonito Member Posts: 94
    Checking out all of the lawsuits involving all of the products that we use would be a never ending fulltime unpaid job. My old cell phone is about finished. I noticed in the news this morning that the maker of the software running my computer is planning to sue the maker of the phone I planned to buy out of business. As I look around my work room at various equipment it seems many of these companies are going after each other. I certainly don't have the energy to be concerned with their problems. Now if I own stock in the company that is another matter!

Anne
  • dandeliondandelion Member Posts: 55
    I wrote on cricut message board:
    " I am annoyed at PC right now, they remind us constantly with the deleting that this is their board. My other favorite board is also annoying. It is suddenly taboo to talk about pc and the awesome thing the product will do. You are a "spy" if you even mention it. I love my cricut and all the things I can buy for it, no matter where. I bought DS, huge mistake. I guess I did it because I loved my cricut and really did believe they could make a great software. I learned the hard way.
    What PC really needs is some of you wonderful creative ladies to go and teach them what is amazing and what we will buy. We will line up for greatness when it is offered. Until then, let the others compete!"

The greatness I spoke of was MTC. I did not call anyone mean... The spy reference was to a message I got questioning if I was a spy for PC because I wanted to know about cart backup. I do not speak of it here because the consensus is not too. I got a nasty message from someone here because of it. I evidently broke some unwritten rule about message boards, and I didn't even say the name MTC. Just for the record, my hair bow board is a little unruley lately and they "annoys" me also. Annoy is just a word that describes my mood, and the fact that I have to monitor what I say everywhere not to offend. I had rough day and I guess I offended many many people because of it. I am just a mom that crafts at her kitchen table. I have no gripe with anyone here. I love the creativity and the program.
    Only saying all this because I don't want the controversy to linger, and say what my intentions were not bad towards anyone here.
    I tried to whisper to Rachellann. I have no ill feeling towards her and appreciate her hard work. Never "stirred a pot" or caused controversy before! I've had a busy day!
    Hugs Jill.

I hope your day and your mood gets better.
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
    I have a private message in to dandelion so hope fully she can see it I. do not know why I didn't get her message but am leaving one for her.
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!