We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Storm in CA - OT

jtrranchesjtrranches Member Posts: 2,631
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
Sorry I had to leave chat so fast but a storm is brewing here in CA. About an hour ago I noticed the sky turn reddish gray and a mild wind blowing. So I just sat there and chatted about all different kinds of things and then the wind really kicked up and things began to get relocated in the yard. I forgot to say that the house began to creak and you could hear the wind hitting the west side very fiercely. I turned off the computer and it then began to rain and the wind is still blowing. I can hear thunder and see lightening and can't see the foothills that are only about 3 miles to the East.

Like I told the girls in the chat room if I didn't know better I would swear we are having a tornado but I live in central CA so I don't think so. You never know though with all the crap happening all over the world these days. I told my husband the other day I think GOD is mad at the world.

Now wind gone just gone.

As of right now I am fine and no damage. I am on my iPhone so at least I am still connected.

Terina
Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner

Comments

• iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Terina,

Be sure to take cover if it gets really bad... o_0
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • KathyMKathyM Member Posts: 1,688
    I'm way up the valley from you (I think - between Sac and Auburn) and we're having very weird storms here. One minute the sun's shining- then we are deluged with HARD rain and wind from pitch black skies - and just as quickly it blows east and it's dry and calm again.

I know this weekend when it gets into the 80's I'll be wishing for this cooler weather again, though! :)

Stay safe down there, Terina!
    Is this where I'm supposed to say something clever?
  • ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Member Posts: 5,932
    Be safe to you CA kids!!! Keeping you in my thoughts!
  • jtrranchesjtrranches Member Posts: 2,631
    Kathy that us just what it is doing here of course it is getting darn right now but the clouds blew out but wind is still awful. Raining again and thunder is back.

Jeanette, I sure will not sure where to cover but I'll find a spot.

Ruth thank you.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
  • LareiaLareia Member Posts: 86
    Hey ladies, I'm in EG....I went to go get my son from Kindergarten and thought about going back inside and putting on a full rain suit. Rain is NOT supposed to go sideways.
    ...my two-day migraine is making my brain sluggish...where is EG again? sorry
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    South of Sacramento
    Gotcha...and you're right, it's NOT supposed to rain sideways. So why did it when we were driving back from Monterey to Orange County on the 11th? Yuck!
    I would send you some Midrin if I could. I used to get migraines all the time. My husband had to pick me up from school when I was teaching one time because I was on the floor of my office and couldn't drive home. I haven't had one in SOOOOO long. I think it is the change in lifestyle, I eat better and exercise a lot. Of course, I could always fake one for a mommy day off:)
    Ahhh, eating well and excercise... those would be helpful to add in so many ways anyway... ;)
    and for the 'where to take cover' question for us non-basement Californians...go to an inside small room with no windows (usually a bathroom)...take extra blankets to help cover yourself if you need them... (truly hope it doesn't get THAT bad)
    Jeanette, I hope so much that your migraine goes away soon!!!!!! I have had only 3 true migraines in my life and they put me under for 3 days. I get the whole tossing my cookies, light hurts, I will kill anyone that even thinks of making me move thing. Last one I had was when I worked at the local grocery store and I called in sick but was told that I HAD to come to work so I did and as soon as I walked in, I tossed those cookies all over the manager that said I HAD to come in. He sent me home with pay. I do get the mild migraines that will go away with lots of meds....advil and tylenol alternating.

Actually I do have a basement. My house is 100+ years old. Didn't know if that was a safe place. I actually have a Sears & Roebuck prefab home.

Terina
    Thanks to all!!!!!! I am fine and the storm left after about 45 minutes. Didn't rain much but the sky was a bunch of awesome colors here. From red to purple to orange etc. WOW storms don't normally scare me but this one did and almost as bad as the last one we had. My goofy son was on top of our haystack in the back taking pictures. UMMMMMMM not a good idea in a electrical storm.

Terina
  • AibonitoAibonito Member Posts: 94
    We had a lot of damage here in Lone Pine that we are just starting to repair. It didn't help that a huge LADWP truck ran over and crushed a valve and pipe for our well--water all over the place. They are still hauling away downed trees. But we have no water. An eighteen foot tipi set up on the front of the property was just fine--probably a better designed structure than our expensve house!

Anne
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    wow . glad everyone is safe!!!!!!
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!