We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

I'm grounded from Make-The-Cut! (Retaliation update)

VinylandVectorsVinylandVectors Member Posts: 4,344
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
My husband says I am grounded from this forum and is threatening to disable the internet! HELP! He says that he has never seen me spend this much money in 1 month in our whole 14 years of marriage! For the record, it was only $87.00 and $57.00 of that was Amy.

BTW.... Amy, my husband wants a word with you!

I won't even get into the laundry being backed up, the late dinners discussion that we had! LOL

But, honestly, he is a really nice guy, he is just teasing me, I think.

Dana

Comments

• iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    You think, but you're not sure... lol

My hubby's talked to me about how much time I spend on here too, with the subsequent drop in managing the household tasks...

(and people thought I was just joking with the "Enabling Alerts"...)
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    Oh, my DH has developed a look - and he has it on his face every time he walks through the door after work and sees me still on the computer!
  • VinylandVectorsVinylandVectors Member Posts: 4,344
    At least you are still referring to him as "Dear"! LOL

I think he just doesn't want to be left Friday and Saturday all by himself. I think he must have been in denial for the last 2 months that this was coming up! LOL
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    Well, I never get near the desktop on the weekends since he's usually gaming. I'm relegated to the netbook. And don't get me started on his opinion of FaceBook!
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Member Posts: 1,519
    Guys - you have to give your hubbies "extra special" treatment - that's how I got the pink lady........................(blush)...............
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    I"m luck!!!!!! As long as the bills are paid, the house is well stocked with food, and I don't touch the savings account mine could careless what I buy.LOL

Humm, the house and supper, that's a different story.LOL
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I always said that I was sitting on my "bargaining power", however; I think that has run it's course! LOL

I did make him his ho ho cake, a pot of chili, a loaf of cheesey bread for Friday night and I cut out coupons for Dominoes for Saturday, I'm not sure what more I can do for him! LOL
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member Posts: 41
    My DH works until 8 or 9pm most nights. Thank goodness;) If he worked a regular 9 to 5 I would be in big trouble. Not really - he is really sweet and is an eBay junkie so I at least would have some leverage.
    umm I'm not gonna answer that last part.LOL
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Member Posts: 4,246
    I am really lucky then, my BF works in another TOWN and nights, so he is usually gone for at least 5 nights a week, depending on which shift he is working that week... LOL And since I work full time (and actaully make more per hour than he does) he can't say a WORD about what I spend my money on.

And to add an enabling alert here... did you all notice that the price of Amys pen holders dropped just a bit??? I may just have to break down and order the pen holder and the micro mini sharpie holder.... and throw in the embossing kit while I'm at it... LOL
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • jtrranchesjtrranches Member Posts: 2,631
    You all are going abou it wrong. YOU are supposed to have control of the checkbook NOT HIM. Then you can always write in that you bought groceries. Gess, do I have to think of everything. ROFLOL

We all know what our bargaining tool is...........................................FOOD.

Terina
    Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,133
    Ya'll are too funny!!!

My dh could only wish he could ground me from MTC. I'd ground him from TV and we'd have a stalemate! LOL

Lisa
    Live Love Craft
  • Beanie_ID62Beanie_ID62 Member Posts: 3,820
    I'm with you Lisa no MTC then no TV
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
    I do have control of the checkbook, but I still try to watch what I spend the money on. HE actually spends more money than I do... so I have to keep reeling his spending in... otherwise I wouldn't have any money to spend myself... LOL
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • KATHYANNKATHYANN Member Posts: 1,428
    edited April 2010
    shoot, my DH is gonna have to get me a laptop every time I get up from the pc anymore he sits right down and goes to farmville.... it makes me want to scream! LOL I gave up last night after I missed most of the webinar due to the grandkids being here,I went to bed & fell asleep to the sound of the pigs cows and chickens down on the farm....... :-} he doesn't cause me any grief about the pc he knows he is my 1st passion but MTC & the PC runs a quick 2nd. LOL oh and he doesn't really know how much I do spend because I dont add it all up (if I dont know he couldn't possibly know).... ignorance is bliss...... I pay all the bills, with his money.
    Kathy - Katiedoodlesgran
    One has to wonder why none of the guys on the forum have afford their 2 cents in this converstaion. LOL

Terina
    Terina Reynolds Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!" imageSeptember 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
  • KATHYANNKATHYANN Member Posts: 1,428
    ;-}
    Kathy - Katiedoodlesgran
  • minorcustomcraftsminorcustomcrafts Member Posts: 674
    I am sure my hubby feels the same. Just went a bought me a knew 13.3 laptop "so he could have the other one-since I hog it being on here". Ended up buying a new printer (although it was only $30 and wireless). We bought a bamboo tablet and MS Office student (on sale-free upgrade to 2010--on 3 computers) I was telling him how good of deal it all was. What he doesnt yet know is I just put a check in the mail for 2 of Amy's holders and her embossing kit :)

Trisha
    Trisha Now cutting with an 18" Black Cat Cougar minorcustomcrafts.com
  • AlyssaLeanneAlyssaLeanne Member Posts: 727
    I think I'm lucky too, my fiance is a web developer so he's on his laptop 24/7 practically, so he never gives me any grief. I also control the money because he isn't any good at it, so no grief there either. AND to top it off if I ask him to do the laundry for me, he will! (Though he bugs me with a million questions the whole time so maybe this is a lose-lose for me! haha!) I suppose to be fair we'll have to give it 15+ years and see if he starts nagging me then :]
  • Amy_ChomasAmy_Chomas Member Posts: 1,301
    LMAO! Sure Dana, send him my way, apparently I'm quite the enabler, tell me what else you need and I'll talk him into it. They are shiny after all hehe!!!

My hubby is pretty easy going on the small things, but I'm trying to talk him into a new bike and that isn't going over well! Mine is 14 years old! I want a comfy bike with a big seat that I don't have to hunch over so much on lol!
    lol.... I had that discussion last year, I'm still waiting for it! I wanted the pink one at target with the big seat, foot breaks and basket! LOL.

I only have one more thing I want to order from you and that is the sharpie and mini sharpie, I should have done it when I ordered the embossing kit!

Dana
    Amy, I want new carpet and to paint every wall in this house want to work on mine? And since you will be working on it a new kitchen would be great.

Terina
    Ordered Mini Sharpe and Mini Micro Sharpie Holders!
    LOL Dana, then I would need a little doggie to for my basket!!!
    Sure Terina, send him my way! I find I get things done quicker around here if I try to do them myself, then the hubby takes over cause I can't do it right hehe!
    LOL Amy!!!! You can have mine

Terina
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Terina,

Just for clarification...she can have your what?... little doggie, or hubby? LOL
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    Wait, I have my own! I can't handle 2, eeeeeeeek!!! lol
    HUBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLOL I would have given him to anyone last week.

Terina
    If I had the little doggy, I would never give up a little doggy! lmao!
    I LOVE my little doggy even though she loves him more.

Terina
    So that was your retaliation update? Getting more? hehe!!
    How much is that doggy in the window???
  • scrappinwithzscrappinwithz Member Posts: 2,717
    lol now you all need to do it the way I do. My husband is a riverboat captain so he is gone for 30 days at a time...:) been doing this for over 26 years now. Plus right now he is home and he is on his laptop, I'm on mine and we are having quality time watching Criminal Minds..lol.

Z
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
    My blog: http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com Zenita S.--Dexter, MO-- Cougar!!! affiliate for MTC affiliate for Lettering Delights
  • JensMomJensMom Member Posts: 1,151
    OOOOO, Amy, I bought what they call a "Beach Bike". You sit really upright on it. Also got the cushy seat made out of memory foam. If need, just make sure you turn your handle bars up and you will sit up and not have to hunch over, saves the back.
  • ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Member Posts: 5,932
    Gosh I have nothing to whine about on this one... married 22 years and he does and always has done ALL the laundry - he doesn't like the way I do it. He comes home first so he cooks dinner every night during the week. We BOTH walk the dog a couple miles a day. Plus he is a dept manager at Walmart and we get a 10% discount on items (not food or booze :)!) And last night he came home and said happy mother's day - and he had bought me a sony reader!! I read about 4 books a week.
    I make twice what he makes - but I do respect him and let him know if i am going to spend on scrapbooking stuff - we ave TWO in college - so money is tight!! But he never says no!! Love him, today and this week... so wow. The rest of you are CRAZY though!!LOL Grounded and then buying MORE!!> Dana that will make you creative !!!! LOL
  • DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
    Well ladies,
    I have been threatened by my husband too. He has told me several times he is going to take my computers and all my toys to work with him so I have to do other things..lol. He doesn't have the guts to do it...lol. I am glad he is easygoing or we'd have big trouble. Years ago I cleaned house at night because television went off at midnight and I'd be bored. That hasn't happened in over 20 years..since cable..lol. Darlene
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
    Oh hubby can't say any thing he plays world of warcraft ALOT. and he works nights kids are in school and if i play it right he spoils me rotten and i do the same for him. but he doesn't get as many new thing but it does cost him 30.00 every two months for online fees
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
  • twiggytwiggy Member Posts: 484
    Heck I have teenagers that take care of the laundry, do dishes and clean the house. I have plenty of time.....lol! Hubby nevers says anything - he has his truck club and I have my scrapping! I am a lucky girl!
  • John&KathyJohn&Kathy Member Posts: 264
    Quote:
    * jtrranches

One has to wonder why none of the guys on the forum have afford their 2 cents in this converstaion. LOL

Terina

Terina, don't know if you were just trying to egg us on, there is no way you are going to suck me into this conversation. I have been married over 30 years and I don't answer any of those dumb marriage questions in the back of magazines.

We all know why all you wonderful ladies are here, I am not going to say because your husbands allow it....... I'm not an idiot...

Enough said.....
    (I do appreciate that no one is bashing their husbands, we take enough of a beating)
    :)
    (now back to watching my favorite old TV show, "Father Knows Best")
  • mrs.jbarbermrs.jbarber Member Posts: 116
    my husband thinks I am having an affair with all of you.....lol...

he doesn't complain so much anymore about the regular UPS visits ...lol ( maybe I shop to see the UPS man eh?)

he hasn't complained about the scraproom lately either...hmmmmmmm maybe I should start wondering what my husband is doing while I'm hanging out with you all.....lol

no just playing
    I work alot so..I buy my own stuff and he has the remote everyone is happy...
    Jodi
    www.jodiscreativeside.blogspot.com
    John I just love you. You are one smart man I tell ya. LOL
    oh and Dana, my little trick WORKED like a charm as always. I could buy anything I wanted today and get away with it even if I took it out of savings.LOL Want me to send you a "gift" and get you out of the dog house? LMBO
    Christy, you are a smart one lmao!!!
    Oh and I get my bike! Just have to wait a couple of weeks hehe!
  • mrs.jbarbermrs.jbarber Member Posts: 116
    oh on the hubby -v- doggie thing...I have a lil yorkie and isn't it amazing how we love our lil critters as much as we do our children...but....I have only been married to my husband going on 4 years (sept.) I bought my yorkie a few months after we got married.....and a little while after that I got to thinking...I got married...when I coulda just bought a doggie....lol

thats just mean I'm sorry...but ..................true
    www.jodiscreativeside.blogspot.com
  • K_leeK_lee Member Posts: 6,416
    Well, I don't have that problem, my husband of 39 years is the enabler, I have to keep saying no, lol, I just mention things I've read or what you wonderful ladies are doing and it's let's go get it, lol......NO NO NO!!! Not unless I have a project lined up that I need it, lol......I'd need a castle to store everything you all talk about and do........

John you are one smart guy, lol.......
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
    Amy,

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'm so proud. Did you have to "prance" around?LOL
    edited April 2010
    No Christy! That would give him to many ideas and then I would never get to leave this weekend! Actually, he is a really nice guy! He never complains, he just doesn't want me to go this weekend.... lol. He misses me! I will make sure the house is cleaned, the food is already done and I will get him some of his favorite snacks, new batteries for the remote! He will forget that I am even gone!
    edited April 2010
    lmbo
    Post edited by CaseysAngel on
    LOL! Didn't quite prance, but it is taken care of!
    I think we make our hubbies out to be worse then they are, cause it is funny lol!
  • stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
    edited April 2010
    Dana, where are you going? Somewhere fun?

And my poor boyfriend, who I only see every few months, had to deal with me staying up all night working on stuff and being on the forum when I started on here, bless his heart, he only teased, didn't really complain - he likes to see me doing what I like.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!