We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How do you do this?

MarineMomMarineMom Member Posts: 724
edited September 2012 in General
How do you make the picture smaller?. I try to crop put it makes the whole picture smaller instead of making a part of the picture smaller. The pictures are layer on top of each other and it really looks cool. The pic is just an example.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,381
    Where are you trying to do this? Crop means to remove a portion of the image that you don't want, so for example, the image of the cheetah is the same size but each has progressively more of the image cropped out of it.
  • brianna_c1brianna_c1 Member Posts: 3,670
    these are meant to be printed out then cut and layered onto card etc....not sure why you want to crop the pic
    Stampin Up Demonstrator
  • MarineMomMarineMom Member Posts: 724
    I don't want to crop these pics. I want to know how to make smaller sized pics out of other pics.
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,293
    @MarineMom - So to be clear what you want to do and using the example picture above: You start with the picture of the cheetah on the oval in the frame. Then you want an image that is just the cheetah on the oval. Then just the cheetah, and finally just the head of the cheetah. Is that correct?
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,293
    @MarineMom - Here is something I put together to see if it this is what you are looking for. The example picture you gave above was too small to work with, so I made up my own composite "picture". Since I did most of the composite work in a raster image program (Gimp), that is where I did most of the "piecing" work. But you could do everything in MTC with some work using the node editing tools etc. Do you have an example of an image (medium to large size) you would want to do this with that you can post?

Here is my example:
  • SewsnazzySewsnazzy Member Posts: 1,150
    WOW! Bryan, I don't know if this is what MarineMom needs but I think it looks awesome. Thanks
    Peggy
  • paupau04paupau04 Member Posts: 4,902
    Nice job. So this is to be a decoupage. FYI...craft artist 2 has a new feature that might be of interest and images can be brought into MTC for cutting. It in the first 2 minutes if video

Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!! http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
  • brianna_c1brianna_c1 Member Posts: 3,670
    great software...that would work nice with mtc....
    Stampin Up Demonstrator
    Yes Byran that is exactly what I am talking about.
    Here is a pic of flowers. How do I do this. The flower, the butterfly and the yellow stamus inside of the flower. Don't give this a lot of your time. This is just example and I would like to know how to do this to any pic.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,228
    Adding an @SBryanW to get his attention back to this thread since MarineMom has had a chance to answer him
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    Thank you MeFlick.
  • HelenHelen Member Posts: 1,787
    edited September 2012
    When I want elements from a picture, I use Paint Shop Pro because I am so use to it. Anyhow this is how it is done in PSP or I imagine any paint program.

The image you provided has a muted background, a little more tedious to get rid of than a solid background. First, I change the image to a raster layer if is is a background layer (this way when you erase, it becomes transparent). I use the magic wand tool and click anywhere on the color background and hit delete on my keyboard. With such a muted background it left many different shades of pixels and had to be erased with the eraser tool. Zoom in really close to erase.

Now that you have a transparent background you want to make two more copies of the image and paste them in workspace. First image, erase everything but the butterfly, crop the butterfly and save as a png or better yet in psp export as a png to insure transparent background. Repeat the same for the flower. Now for the stamen, use magic wand in the point to point option or freehand and outline the stamem copy and paste as a new image. Erase the stamen, use smudge and soften to fill in transparent space and blend flower. Now, you have your three separate images.

imageimageimageimage
    Hellie0h-Central Ohio Gallery # 9914 What Will YOU Do, With Your One And Only Life
  • HelenHelen Member Posts: 1,787
    @paupau04, I got the chance to watch that video, wow I can't wait til I get the time to study and learn CAP2.
    Hellie0h-Central Ohio Gallery # 9914 What Will YOU Do, With Your One And Only Life
    Thank you Helen. I don't have the program you have but I do have photoshop. I will try your directions with photoshop. :-?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!