We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Where are you from? Tell us about yourself

Comments

• kimh78kimh78 Member Posts: 51
    Hello everyone! I'll take a few to introduce myself since everyone has been so very kind to all of my requests for help I've had.

My name is Kim, I live in Henderson, KY (on the border of KY, IL, and IN) I'll be 32 in a couple of weeks, just celebrated my 10th wedding anniv two days ago. We began dating the summer before my senior year of high school. We couldn't be more opposite, or more perfect for each other. We have three crazy wonderful kids. Nya Elizabeth is 8, Dominik Elijah will be 4 on the 12th of this month, and Nadia Grace will be 3 on the 17th of this month. They are a mess and i love it! (even on the days I threaten them with duct taping them to the walls...) haha. I recently went back to work full time out of the home and my husband took the buy out from work and is staying home with the kids. It worked out well for the first couple of months, but it's really starting to take it's toll on daddy. He does a wonderful job, but in his words, "daddy's just aren't cut out for this full time mommy stuff." but I love him for taking the time and effort to do the hardest job out there. He's realizing just how much he missed from working night shift for so long. i tease him now though that we may not last another 10 years now that we are actually around each other instead of him being at work! haha.

About me...I use sarcasm A LOT, i work with all guys and LOVE it! no catty girl fights or "OH MY GAH, did you see what she was wearing???" I do mechanical engineering coordination drawings for a sheetmetal shop and absolutely love it. I got into computer aided drafting in high school when a boy told me I couldn't take the class because I was a girl. ha.

I'm a t-shirt and jeans with flip flops kindof girl. ponytails, and no makeup.

I have danced since I was three, cheered in highschool and college. I sure do miss it! I still teach gymnastics two classes a week and coach upward cheerleading so that helps me stay involved a little at least. My kids keep us very busy with their activities and I have recently started my own company using my cricut doing vinyl designs and glass etching. it's really been a whirlwind experience!

my hands may be full, but you should see my heart. My life is truly beautiful chaos.

I want to take a second to really express my appreciation for the friendliness and the helpfulness of you ladies on this board. I have never felt stupid for asking the "silly" questions. never once felt awkward for being the newbie here or like I didn't belong. this is a special place, indeed. so thank you. :)
  • DianainNMDianainNM Member Posts: 1,370
    Hi everyone! Guess I can introduce now. I never even read this thread. I did see it and wow.. 301 comments. Then i seen it was a sticky so i had to see what it was all about. I didn't even read about everyone else yet. But anyways.. here it goes!

I'm Diana from New Mexico. I'm 26 and have a total of 8 kids lol. I have 3 that are naturally mine and 5 step kids. right now we have 7 of the 8 living in our 3 bedroom trailer. As you might have guessed, I'm a very busy stay at home mom. The kids vary in age from 11 months to 15 years old. I love meeting other ladies that love to scrapbook. I don't really have too much time to do it but I love to scrapbook. Since buying MTC i have made a few cards. I don't really know what else to say so if you want to know anything, just ask. :)
    I'm Diana in New Mexico, SAHM to 8 My blog: http://scrappinbutterfly13.blogspot.com/
  • Lindacrew4_ID713Lindacrew4_ID713 Member Posts: 4,537
    keep this going

IGGY KEEP SINGING
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    This topic is now [Sticky]ed...so I don't need to keep singing. lol

But I did change the old "For Everyone Wondering How to Back-Up Their Cartridges"...into a new: "OT: Name That Tune [formerly...]

So, I can keep adding songs there...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • gramma4him_ID4348gramma4him_ID4348 Member Posts: 201
    I am a newbie of sorts LOL I don’t even own my own Cricut Expression! My daughter bought one which she ‘stores’ at my place. Don’t get me wrong, she does use it but she doesn’t have as much time as I do (I’m retired) but I’m glad it’s here!

I retired at 56 but still worked as an auxiliary for a couple of years. I liked the extra money but the idea of retiring was so that I could do fun things! I will be 59 this summer and I raised my children as a single parent. I have 2 biological children & I adopted a twin boy & girl (as a single parent) when my youngest was 10. The twins were 4 ½ at the time and they are now 28 years old. I also have nine grandchildren! I live in Canada at Terrace, British Columbia. The majority of my children & grandchildren live in this area too which is a good thing.

I’ve always been crafty but I was more into sewing, woodworking and painting. I love photography. I got into doing stained glass a couple of years ago too. I got into scrapbooking only four year ago when my youngest daughter had a little girl. They were living with me at the time & she started scrapbooking when her daughter was born and I thought I would try my hand in it. From there I got into card making, then making beaded stitching cards. I’m always buying embellishment, paper, stamps thinking that would look good for this layout! I love doing unusual scrapbook layouts! My craft room is really small and very full! It has now expanded into my living room where the computer is! I saw an Ad on facebook about the ‘Make the Cut’ program. Checked it out, downloaded the trial & with the help you all you guys on the forum finally got the drivers loaded & the firmware updated, bought it and now I got to say I LOVE IT! Thanks Andy and Ann for 'Make The Cut'!!!

I really love the generosity of all you guys with your designs on this forum. There is something very positive about the members on here. It’s always “I created this I'm excited and I want to share my file with you" and when you post something (which I don’t think is near as neat as most) you are always generous with your praises. I don’t know about you but I get encouraged when someone tells me I’ve done something good. I need to hear that! I was away from the forum for a while and I noticed the challenge section. I haven’t tried it yet but am looking forward to doing it. I’m the decorating coordinator for our Vacation Bible School in July so can’t get too involved with this until about mid July!

Keep up the good work guys and am looking forward to seeing more of you in the future
  • KATHYANNKATHYANN Member Posts: 1,428
    WE LOVE TO HEAR/SEE YOU SING! :-) this is great to read about everyone!!!
    Kathy - Katiedoodlesgran
  • JeannieHinNCJeannieHinNC Member Posts: 133
    Where have I been? This great to finally "meet" those I've enjoyed in the chat. My turn, please?!?!

I'm married to my best friend for 35 years. (We were really young!) We have 2 sons, 1 daughter and our own personal angel! In addition, we have two beautiful DIL, 3 grandsons and 1 new granddaughter. Not to mention the 4-legged babies in our house! DH is retired Air Force and we have lived many places in the world, but settled in Eastern North Carolina, about half way between Raleigh and the beach.

I teach school by day, but by night...let the crafts begin. It matters not what, but my first love is quilting followed by scrapbooking, machine embroidery and computers. I started with a Silhouette SD about a year ago because it was software driven; but I really wanted a Cricut for the format. THen I found MTC...and DH asked me when the Cricut would join our family. The rest is history...

I truly love the design aspect of both scrapbooking and quilitng. I have designed several patterns for my local quilt shop. Someday, I hope to become more prolific with my digital cutters! But, then, summer break is coming!

JeannieHinnc
    Mom to a Cricut E and a Silhouette SD
    and loving my MTC!
    My Blog: http://scrapsinmylife.blogspot.com/
    btw,

If we don't get at least one new introduction per day while this is [Sticky]ed, I may think of un-sticky-ing it to keep that area uncluttered...

So...Keep those intros coming!

Jeanette
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • cstanfordcstanford Member Posts: 3
    ok, I will put one up for today.

My name is Christine, I live in Cheyenne, WY. I am married, my husband is military (Air Force) and we have a 4 yr old daughter. We also have 2 labs and a kitty.
    I love to make cards and different paper crafts. My other hobbies are sewing, machine embroidery, weaving, and knitting. I toss all of my craft related stuff up on my blog:

http://christines-crafts.blogspot.com/

I am brand new to electronic cutting. I bought the cricut in January and I have a gazelle on the way now. I have been lurking and learning so far. I am having a lot of fun and look forward to participating more here.
    Any new introductions...? Or do I un-[Sticky] this...?
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    edited May 2010
    Hi!
    I am Andy and am 33 years old. I currently live in Wisconsin and have a wife and one son named Jonas. I was born in Milwaukee.

Fun facts about me:
    I worked in silicon valley when .com's were worth a lot of money (late 1990's) and lost everything when the .com's lost all their money (2001)
    I got my first computer job by hacking into some computer system (they told me that I should come work for them so they didn't have to go through the trouble of contacting authorities)
    I used to show Miniature Poodles while in college -- traveled all over the USA showing those dogs :)
    I used to be a butcher when I was 18 for about 3-4 years
    I have a younger brother and an older brother and sister
    I married my high school sweetheart
    In my childhood I worked picking sweetcorn every summer
    I have an unhealthy addiction to chocolate and Pepsi
    I love cartoons and/or comedy shows/movies
    I am 6'2" and weigh 155 lbs.
    I can type (up to) 108 words per minute depending on chocolate/Pepsi consumption
    My favorite thing about MTC is the fact that everyone seems to love it and the community is by far the coolest group of people ever assembled
    My favorite things to do (besides computer stuff) are Wakeboarding and Boating
    I would love to move away from Wisconsin to a warmer climate like Florida!

I think that's a good start about me! Thanks for reading!
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • K_leeK_lee Member Posts: 6,416
    LOL, Andy, loved your comment about your first computer job, they were smart....
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
    edited May 2010
    COME ON NEW HAMPSHIRE WHERE ARE YOU! I hate being alone......

IGGY sing me a song
    There's a different thread for that now... ;D
    Any new intro's for today?...
  • KellieKellie Member Posts: 5
    I just wanted to say hi! Hi! :)

I'm Kellie. I live in southern Wisconsin. I married my pen pal (back when pen pals didn't involve computers!) from England - we have 2 children. Our son is 21 and our daughter just turned 18. I'm very fortunate to work from home - I digitize machine embroidery designs. I'm completely addicted to photography and scrapbooking. I lusted after a CE for years, but finally decided to buy one when I discovered MTC. Since buying MTC a few weeks ago - you can count the hours I've slept on your fingers. LOL I also bought SCAL, but I haven't found it as user friendly as MTC.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone - this seems like an awesome forum.
  • jeffandtammymacjeffandtammymac Member Posts: 38
    Hi there. I just turned 40 and received (okay after some begging received) a Cricuit Expressions for my birthday. I'm loving the potential of it, but am still a little intimidated by it. This seems like a wonderfully helpful group of folks. I will probably use the Cricut mostly for projects - Vinyl's, etc.. My name is Tammy and I live in Virginia.
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
    LOL Andy if you moved to Florida you would miss the snow
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
    jeffand tammymac the machine will be easy to concour and once you are past being intemidated you will be creating all kinds of things welcom and enjoy
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
    Ok this is for all welcome to our crazy group of friends here. If you have a question feel free to ask and some one here or make that several someones will repond many of us here are willing to help in just about any way we know how. there are no dumb questions only questions require some more knowledge. fell free to jump into any and all posts.
    newbies where are you all
  • arogueprincessarogueprincess Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2010
    So...I'm a newbie to MTC...so here's my story

My husband of 6 years and I are both teachers...it's great because we have nights, weekends, holidays, summers and snow days off....to spend with our wonderful children...Sophie is almost 3 1/2, Paxton will be 2 in June and our newest arrival, Max, was born in February. While on my maternity leave, I begin searching for a program to use with my CE...I've had it for 3 years and purchased DS shortly after it...I'm a tech geek...teach in a computer lab at an elementary school...so I needed something better than DS...so limiting....

Finally made the MTC purchase just a week ago and have been playing around since...not that I have that much kid-free time...but that's my blessed life now!

I use my CE for scrapbooking and card making but I love cutting vinyl for my walls...I'm addicted...every room in my house "says" something!!!

Can't wait to learn more about MTC and especially using coloring pages...so many possibilities for my walls!!!

Just now reading all these posts and didn't realize I didn't tell you where I'm from...grew up in NW Ohio and now live in NE Ohio...
    Post edited by arogueprincess on
    I dont know how many members there are but I know there is more than what I see here.
    COME ON EVERYBODY JOIN IN, LET US GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER..
    IGGY I think you know the words to this dont you?
  • missiethegalmissiethegal Member Posts: 357
    Hi, I'm Melissa, and I'm 31 and I live on a small acreage in Western Iowa. I married my college sweetheart, a wannabe farmer/artist that was just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis (big shocker to us) and next month will be our big 10 year anniversary.
    I'm a sleep-deprived SAHM to 5-- 2 older girls and 3 younger boys... my newest little guy was just born earlier this month and my oldest will be done with first grade next week.

I have been following MTC since December but haven't been very active these last few months... and I'm sure my Cricut is covered in a layer of dust. oy.
    I'm a huge procrastinator and I'm incredibly indecisive but I try to have fun with papercrafts especially when someone has a specific idea they tell me to do.
    I love the arty-fartsy freedom MTC allows-- I don't even know how to use the cartridges! I'm awesome at creating my own partially-completed files-- my computer desktop is littered with them. But I'm hopeful that as summer nears, I'll make more of an effort to dust off my Cricut and crack open MTC enough to actually cut some stuff. My last project was partially eaten (and no I don't have the Cricut Cake)-- crafting at my house is an extreme sport! ;)
  • DeanaDeana Member Posts: 975
    Hello all! i am Deana, rachellann younger sister as alot of you now know. we have always done crafts and made things from from what ever was on hand. we get that from our parents. i live just a few blocks from rachell and we are very close and are the closest of us 4 girls and always have been. she and i have work together at several different jobs. we was raised in southeast iowa all our lives in rural wapello/davis co. our mom was a sahm and dad was a hrad worker working on our farm and worked in a factory plus mowed and delivered papers as well as help other bale hay,cut hogs,whatever it took to provide for all of us.we were poor but we didnt know any different. when i say we grew up amish that means we had an out house,never wore shoes,took a bath only on sunday,mom made alot of our clothes, we raised and killed a lot of our own food, milked our own cows,raised our own chickens and eggs. played with our siblings and cousins who often lives with us.never had our own rooms sometimes shared a bed. we worked hard carrying 50lb feed bags,cutting and stacking wood and weeding the acer garden. sounds odd for someone who grew up in the late 70's and 80's but it was our life. now you have the history no to the present. i am married to my husband glen for 21yrs we have 2 daughters holly 27 and brittany 20 and 1 grandson calvin who is 2.5 and as of yesterday 1 cajun son inlaw wil and 3 bichon frises clover, majorpayne, and lilly who we adopted last year after i almost ran over her and no one claimed her so we kept this poor little bag of bones and sick. now she is a cute happy lapdog who loves my husband. we live in a craftsmen style house for 20yrs and have just recenly did some remodels on it. rachell is the enabler who got me started with my e i bought myself for christmas last year then again being the enabler she is got me started with mtc and the forum.what else??? oh yah iam an unemployed computer tech thanks to the crappy economy. i still work on computers from home as well as photography, mostly sr pics. and being unemployed has given me the oppertunity to work on the house more and do more crafting.
    Welcome Rachell's baby sister, glad you are part of the MTC family.
    As you know your sister is quite loved here, always helping when some one needs it, I call her my Angel Helper because she is the first one who helped me .Dont know where we would be without her..
    welcome to your second family.
  • tarabrosetarabrose Member Posts: 25
    Hi, I'm Tara and I am from Atlanta, GA! Since getting the cricut for Christmas, seeing what I can do with it has become a new obsession.

My husband and I have been married for 10 years this June and we have two beautiful and talented children, 8 and 5. I work as a web designer, so between work and MTC, I am on the computer all day. I have started such a craze at work, becoming the go to person for anything crafty. I am taking the summer off but am planning to return to school in the Fall working on my BS in media design. I am glad to be a part of this community! and look forward to learning so much from everyone! Thank you Andy for your hard work!

Tara
  • Shannon_CorbinShannon_Corbin Member Posts: 1,612
    Hi Everyone! I'm Shannon!I'm a wife and mother of 2 little boys-Jacob 8(almost 9) and Connor 4. I live in Washington State and am a full time student. This June I will be graduating with my AA, and in August I will be starting on my BA! I am a craft addict. I don't care what kind of craft it is, I'm free-ranging! LOL. My husband bought me my CE last year for my birthday, and I found MTC in February. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this forum and am glad to have found it. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
  • ritaknowlesritaknowles Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am Rita and I am from Malta.

I am supposed to be retired (early retirement really) but I now find myself teaching sugarcraft and make a lot of cakes for friends family and as commisions.

I came across MTC whilst I was debating about buying Cricut Cake. I did not like the idea of buying cartridges as this is quite restricting so I search around if I can make up my own designs and have them cut on CC. Many recommended MTC so I have now downloaded the software and I am trying to find out exactly what I can achieve out of it. I have not ventured far as yet. My CC was only delivered yesterday so I have not tried it yet.
    Welcome to all the new people!

Come on...I KNOW we havent' seen a lot of you! Don't be shy, introduce yourselves, please.

(You also get to know us a little bit too...)
  • CentexGrandmaCentexGrandma Member Posts: 39
    Hi Peeps. I haven't EVEN started into all this. I just got my craft room set up after years of having stuff all over the place. I'm a full time office manager/paralegal, empty nester married 41+ years. As the name implies, I live in central Texas. I think I FINALLY have the time and motivation to do something for me, and this is what I want to learn. I've always been crafty, do the usual crochet, drawing and painting, desktop graphics and things. Now that we have a grandson on the way :-), I think I should take time to organize photos, work on family tree stuff, etc., thus I have decided to get into scrapbooking. Now that I've done a lot of online research, I see WAAAAAAAY more possibilities with the cutting machines available now. I'm planning on purchasing the Expression and diving in soon. I'm sure I'll be living on these forums looking for help and inspiration and sharing anything I actually learn how to do!
  • shaleridgescrappershaleridgescrapper Member Posts: 10
    i am from Asheville N C , livung in phoenix now am a retired photographier , was working for NG, lost my hearing ,in work related accident , i just starting to get in to scrapping so much out there , bought mtc as a valentines gift to my self my husband died 21 yrs ago ,2 daughters ,2sons all grown 6 grand babies, hard to believe 31st i am 54, where did time go , i got one more year in phoenix ,i go to a deaf school to learn how to do alot of things differently, 5 more surgeries on my ears yeahhhhhhhhhh then no more
  • mary_kobemary_kobe Member Posts: 491
    Hi, I am Mary from Kansas City, KS. I turned 50 in December. My husband and I have been married 5 years. (Met on the internet.) We have 7 children between us. Two are 28, 27, two are 25, 24, and 20. Four are married and we have two wonderful grandsons, Brennan and Madden. (Yes, Madden...as in Madden '08...the game!) I am a high school coordinator at a local community college and have been there for 10 years. My DH is a grocery store manager and has been there 40 years. (He is a bit older than I).

I have 3 sisters who live in the area and my brother lives in Iowa. We have a very large family. When we all get together, there are 30 of us!

My sister, Therese, is the one who started me in scrapbooking 7 years ago. I was in college at the time and did not have the time to really get into it. Then I met my friend Donna. That is when I got into trouble! Talk about an enabler! I bought the E, and some cartridges, and more cartridges, and the DS, and jukeboxes. I loaded up on paper, paper, paper, and embellishments. Oh, and pens and markers and anything that looked cool! Then I found MTC!!!! (More enabling!!) Donna and I get together every Tuesday evening and all day on Saturday in our "Scrapbook Lounge" (my rec room which I have taken over) and we call it "playing". I tell my DH that "Donna is coming over to play"! We try new things and share ideas.

I am addicted to this site! I am glad I found all of you!

Thanks for all the enabling!!!! :)

Mary
    I have reached the point in my life where I have become a snapdragon.....parts of me have snapped and the others are draggin' !
    Welcome!

No new intros for 2 days?... is it time to un[Sticky] this?...
  • ScatterScatter Member Posts: 25
    Ok, I've been incognito long enough.

I've been lurking for a while, and just bought MTC this month. Gotta thank you all for the tips, tricks and tutorials!! What a help.

I live in Central Florida with my Hubby, a boston terrier, and a cat. I started scrapping 5 or 6 years ago, because I have the cutest grandgirl in the world. *sticks fingers in ears* I'll hear no argument on that.

So now that my feet are wet, I'll post a little more often. :)
    Welcome!

Thanks for coming out of hiding! ;D
    keep it going a while longer please, there seems to be shy people, who need to come on in.
    Nobody new for 3 whole days???....Come on guys and gals...come out from hiding and at least say, "Hi". ;D
  • robbinrobbin Member Posts: 27
    Hi folks - My name is sue - how do you do!
    I live in Chorley, lancashire, Thats the nw of england about 20 miles from manchester . I am married to a lovely supportive man who tolerates my crafting addiction. (I'm one of those crafters who buys stuff but then can't bring herself to use it because it is too beautiful!) We have 1 daughter beth( we hit perfection the first time!!) who also has the crafting gene although she is currently into jewellery making especially beading. Any way what i just wanted to say is what a friendly and supportive lot you all are. I try to come to the forum as often as possible and usually take away something with me - many thanks this week to honeybee for her brilliant ribbon storage idea!!!!
    Welcome Sue!

It's about 9:20 P.M. for you isn't it? It's brilliant to have you on here! Thank you for introducing yourself. :D

Jeanette
  • DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
    Welcome all the newbies. This is a very addicting software and list to try to keep up with. Helps keep us
    all sane. Can't believe I just wrote that when I know the white coats are on their way..lol. Darlene
  • katwmskatwms Member Posts: 477
    Hi, my name is Kathy. I am still in the early learning stage of Cricut and MTC. I have been married for 23 yrs.to my husband and we and have a daughter and a son. We will be a first time Grandparents in November so I have been stalking all the cute baby ideas. We live near Richmond, Virginia.
    Kathy W. Like my C...t E and LOVE my 24" Black Cat Cougar and now a Cameo Follow Me on Pinterest
  • nanajoynanajoy Member Posts: 828
    Welcome Kathy and all the other newbies, you will find a lot of help and friendship, everyone is great here on the MTC MB.
    Joy S. Columbia, MO
  • corrdl22corrdl22 Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone!! I'm Dayna and I live in Wisconsin. I just recently purchased MTC and can't wait to start playing around with it!! Which means I'll be searching this forum for lots of help :) I've been scrapbooking for about 10 years now, but didn't really get that much into it until a few years ago when I got my Cricut E. Now I'm hooked!!!
  • annecraftedannecrafted Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    Hello everyone, I'm Anne (annecrafted) and I am new to MTC, but loving what Ive done and seen so far. I live in Scotland and I am married with one daughter, who is getting married on 26th of this month, so its all go in Glasgow! I have been crafting for many years and run a small craft group from home, teaching mostly papercrafting of all kinds. I love my hobby and hope other people benefit from sharing ideas and techniques. Looking forward to being part of MTC family
    Welcome Anne!

Never hesitate to ask a question, or to join in with our mad/crazy sprees of posting...you'll feel right at home sooner than you would think. ;D

Jeanette
  • cookiecookie Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2010
    Hi Guys
    Aim a new comer to MTC and crafting aim 45 happily married and live i a small village in Lancashire between Preston and Lancaster. 12 months ago my husband bought my a expression . (will update later not having a good day) thanks for the support.
    Post edited by cookie on
  • MarieKMarieK Member Posts: 199
    Hi all, my name is Marie and live in Hampshire, UK. I have had my circut for about 4 months and it was only when I started looking at related forums that I discovered MTC, compared it to others and this seemed to be the best option, took the plunge and purchased a few days ago and WOW! so pleased I did, its so easy to use and this forum seems so friendly, have already found answers to questions and cut some really cute stuff, thrilled to bits with it all. x
  • TamTam Member Posts: 1,523
    I so love reading about everyone. Welcome and jump in with both feet! The MTC water is fine here!
    Cheers...Tam
  • BonnieBonnie Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2010
    I live in Utah (sorry about the state affiliation with a different company), and Master Knitter. I use MTC & my Cricut cartridges to design knitting tutorials, make diagrams for knitting patterns, make insanely cool paper stuff for our Young Women program (youth group), and love to make utilitarian items. I NEVER use my Cricut for scrapbooking (I can't justify paying, let's say, $12 to decorate one silly photo), and only occasionally use it to embellish hand-made cards. Knitting, however, takes a second place in my list of passions - I am a Juilliard alumna (soprano voice). My third passion is learning & using foreign languages (6, as of last count), and my 4th is not so much a passion, but an illness: I'm a chronic volunteer. I'm a native New Yorker, and proud of it! And though I've lived all over this continent, the closest place culturally, believe it or not, to my home state, is Utah. I love my home here (I've been here 7 years).

My husband is an Einstein-caliber genius geek, and we have 3 kids, all adults, and two adorable granddaughters. We have three adult children living with us (none of them originally ours), and all of them geeky musicians. I unfortunately have not had opportunity to be on this forum since March, but am quite glad to be back. Viva Andy!
    XOXOXOXO Bonnie
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!