We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Where are you from? Tell us about yourself

Comments

• iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    OK...here goes... new song / new musical...

What makes the battle worth the fighting?...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    ...What makes the mountain worth the climb?..

Please do feel free to pop in and introduce yourselves... ;-D
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • Reba1Reba1 Member Posts: 3,626
    Oh, I didn't know that one - I had to google it. Bad Reba!
    ...Rebecca - "Zen D Zing" user (N. ILLINOIS) Public Flickr album (MTC): http://tinyurl.com/33cgstz Public Flickr album (cakes): http://tinyurl.com/y8d8ztl
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    btt and I have no idea iggy.LOL
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...What makes the questions worth the asking?...
  • TamTam Member Posts: 1,523
    Well, I'm bored at work and decided to see where everyone is from. We have 104 people responding to this thread, across the world and 31 different states.

Well, I can't attach it here as it is an xls file. If anyone wants a copy, just email me.
    Cheers...Tam
    Wow!

...The reason worth the rhyme?..
    ...To me the answer's clear;..
    ...it's having someone near; someone dear...

Anyone figured it out yet?...The chorus is about to give it away...
    I know, but I am not telling.....
    ...Rebecca - "Zen D Zing" user (N. ILLINOIS) Public Flickr album (MTC): http://tinyurl.com/33cgstz Public Flickr album (cakes): http://tinyurl.com/y8d8ztl
    ...Someone to care for; to be there for...
    ...I have You Two!...

Or in the case of this forum...you, too... lol
    I KNOW we haven't seen everybody yet...anyone else PLEASE feel free to pop in and tell us about yourself...

...Someone to do for; muddle through for...I have You Two!.... (you, too)
    edited April 2010
    nah, I won't spoil it yet.
  • Lindacrew4_ID713Lindacrew4_ID713 Member Posts: 4,537
    bump bump bump
    ...Someone to share.... joy or despair with;
    whichever betides you....
    Good old Dick Van Dyke...hint, hint...
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - written by Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond!
    WooHoo waterrabbit! That's another one you've gotten... lol
    Yeah, if there was room left over in my brain after all the trivia, I might be dangerous!
    Hee hee hee... that helps explain me too... rofl
    I might also be dangerous if I could settle on a single craft.
    Happy Bump! :D
    need a bigger bump
    Okay - how many members do we have on here? There have to be some holdouts! C'mon folks, tell us a bit about yourselves!

And now, back to my regularly scheduled cake decorating (yep, I'm procrastinating!)
  • PamPam Member Posts: 38
    Okay I guess I can take the time and do this tonight.
    I live in central Michigan and have all my life. I've been married almost 31 years. 11 the first time and it will be 20 years July 14 the second time. Yes I add them together I was married to the same man so I'm counting them all!! We were married the same date both times we took a brake for about 6 years. The last 20 years have been the best desicion in my life. My husband got some serous therapy and counseling, became a Christian, and really was one of the few men that meant it when he said he was changing. Thank God, I’d have killed him the second time around if he hadn't. We have three wonderful children Justin who is 33 and a computer engineer, Deidra who just turned 31 and is an opera singer she sings in 5 languages and is working on her masters in music. Danielle who just turned 29 and an RN like her mother but is working toward her physicians assistant degree. Danielle has given us two wonderful grand children Noah; she is 11 and Kael who is 6 mos old and a true joy. We didn't think we ever would be blessed with any more grand children because of fertility problems and then our little medical miracle boy came along. I have had a design studio since I was a teen. I have been in the middle of creating something for most of my life. I am a part time wedding coordinate; I create costumes for any kind of stage production from theater to photo shoots to pageants & weddings. I also make cakes. Love doing the detailed sculpted sugar art work. And in my spear time I love to scrapbook just for me I love MTC and my circuit and it has opened up new doors to my creating! Also I read suspense/ mystery novels by the boat load also I write. I have finished 3 novels and am working on my 4th. I think I am starting to get the hang of this writing thing finally and may try and get published when I finish this one I'm working on now some day. Oh and I work full time nights 12 hrs in an ICU and have for 22 yrs. and love my patents with a passion! I do cross stitch and design many of my own designs. I also am a professional flowerets when I want to be. Mostly for my wedding designing clients now. I'm a professional seamstress and probably should have gone to collage for my designing degree but hind sight and all that. I'm active in our local community theater on stage as the costumer or stage manager. Plus many other things dealing with the theater basically I'm a jack of all triads and just love the creating possess. I do some teaching of one thing or another sometimes and love it. I use my creative ablates for different projects at my church and love giving back a small portion of what God has so richly given to me. Last but not least, we all like to travel and have taken oh I think 12 cruses and many more rag trips. My husband is a dive instructor and I also dive with him and love it!! I'm sure I haven’t covered everything but I guess that’s enough for now. I hope this hasn't been to boring for everyone but i did try to consolidate things. I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s blurb and we sure have many great talented people on here.
    Wow! tfs
  • SewShabbySweetSewShabbySweet Member Posts: 76
    Hi,
    I'm a happily married Mom of five - four boys and finally my one little girl :D My husband has three children of his own so together we have eight...LOL only three of those still at home thank goodness! I know, someday our nest will feel empty! We love our children very much.
    We live in rural Indiana in a place called Bluebird Hill. It's beautiful here and I feel very lucky.
    I've been crafting and artsing my entire life...my mother swears I started when I was three...I cut up one of my own dresses to make a dress for my dolly. My mother taught me to sew. I then went on to teach myself to do whatever struck my fancy. I have painted, sculpted, sewn, learned web design and HTML/CSS and a little php. I taught myself photoshop and have been a photoshop addict for about 14 years now. I've created my own porcelain doll from scratch, I've customized Blythe dolls, designed and made Teddy Bears, I make Reborn dolls (ok, if you haven't heard of these and are so inclined...well even if you aren't inclined...you have to see these to believe them) search Reborn on ebay or even just Google reborn doll, I have a dollhouse habit and a Ball Jointed Doll habit...ummm let's see oooooh I LOVE thrift stores and junk sales and estate sales and auctions. I've even been known to stop and dig through stuff people are throwing out. So, by now you're probably thinking I am insane...just go check out my Flickr and you'll get a better sense of 'me' :D
    What's really strange is I've never caught the scrapbooking bug...not even now that I own a Cricut...I bought it BECAUSE of the MTC and SCAL softwares LOL! Seriously, that's what sold me...I wanted to be able to cut my own designs out of fabric and to make vinyl stuff and stencils etc.
    I love to repurpose and recycle things. Ok, I could go on forever here...sorry about that!
    I never attended college...got married young but I think I will go even if I'm 60 when I do it :D
    I have a crafty/sewing/thrifty/home blog and have just started a blog where I will offer SVGs (lol, as soon as I am confident they are worth offering to the public)
    SewShabbySweet
    and
    She Plays With Nodes Not much here but a tut right now but I know that will change!
    You can also see my Flickr Photostream here
    Anyway...nuff bout me :D I'm pretty nutty and don't take things too seriously and am happy to talk about whatever!
    Hug,
    Daphne
  • msongmsong Member Posts: 94
    I've been on here too long not to have introduced myself =)

Hi Everyone!
    I must say, first off, I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! I'm probably the 'guest' on here most of the time =) I can relate to many of you (I am banned from MTC myself...but what my husband doesn't know won't hurt him, haha!), and this is such a great bunch of crafters, it truely is quite amazing!

I'm 28 years old, mom to two boys, 8 and 2. I'm an RN by trade, but have spent the last 3 years as a SAHM...very blessed to be able to do this! I was born and raised in Seattle, and currently live out in the 'burbs, 20 minutes north of the city.

I got into stamping/cardmaking about 2 years ago as an urging from my husband to find an outlet to being at home all day with the boys. Christmas-time 2009 and I happened to run into Costco for some dinner when who do we find doing a roadshow??? Yup, PC. I picked up a CE on the spot (most expensive dinner I've ever had, lol!!!) After playing around, I learned there were programs out there to eliminate the cartridges, I was on a hunt. Mostly hits for SCAL, but all of a sudden, there was this MTC that kept coming up. I think I literally stumbled upon it the week it came out...so glad I waited! I've had the program since the last week of Christmas, and have enjoyed creating cards for every occasion, personalized gift bags for my son's sports teams, and even my best friends wedding invitations. And I couldn't have done any of it without MTC...

I'm so happy to find such a wealth of information...I'm literally on here everyday, multiple times a day, on my iphone when I'm out and about. Drives my husband insane! True, I am probably spending A LOT of time just checking up on people's new creations, getting inspiration, and just enjoying the chit-chat....but it's so addicting! You all are great, glad to be part of this MTC family =)

Michelle
  • alteredbyjennalteredbyjenn Member Posts: 11
    Brand new to the boards! My name is Jenn, been married 5 years to my wonderful DH, and we have 2 children (4 year old boy and 1.5 year old girl). We live in North Platte, NE (home of the largest Union Pacific rail yard) and since we moved here I have been honored to be a SAHM! I got the baby bug from my mom a few years ago and just the Expression at the Black Friday sale last year :) My birthday is tomorrow and my wonderful husband is getting me MTC WOOHOO! He's happy about me not buying any new carts!

Can't wait to learn all about the MTC and all the wonderful creations you all have shared!
    Welcome to everybody new and old!

I love getting to know about you. :D
  • bbonkobbonko Member Posts: 913
    Happy birthday, Jenn...and welcome. Don't forget to watch the webinars, you will learn so much.

Brenda in WA
    Brenda B Longview, WA
    Nice catch Brenda!

Happy Birthday, Jenn! Welcome to the wonderful and crazy world of MTC!

Jeanette
  • SandyWSandyW Member Posts: 1,289
    I just love this thread....so many people and so many different places....Love it; and love getting to know a little about each and everyone of you. :)
    Sandy W. (formerly "BugHappyGrams") Charlotte, NC http://thehobbylady.blogspot.com/
    Wow! Got all the way to the middle of page 3! Don't want this one buried, it's fun!
    igglover, I'm all alone, NO SCRAPPERS FROM MY STATE NH HOW SAD HUH?
    Are you sure Linda? Wasn't anyone else here from New Hampshire?
    not that I seen, hope I didnt miss it
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
    That ok lind I didn't see anybody else from Iowa
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
    No one else actually in DE either - although a few sort of near by in MD, NJ and PA. But DE is a very small state.
  • cheristacycheristacy Member Posts: 24
    Hi everyone! I am a 41 yr old living in Kittery, Maine and I work as a med-surg nurse in Southern New Hampshire. Nursing was my second career that I started about 5 years ago. I love that I only have to work 3 days a week but those days are LONG ones. I have a husband of 7 and a half years and he has two children from his previous marriage. I tell him he's my "First" Husband! Ha! We have 2 dogs - Samson (a great dane) and Delilah (a border collie) as well as 2 parakeets (Ernie and Bird), Two Finches (Fred and Barney), 2 Fish, and a hamster. I love crafting and have been doing all sorts of crafts ever since I can remember. I set up a craft area in our spare bedroom that has quickly overtaken the room now that I have an E. Like some of you have already said, I had spent a ton of money on Carts before I found MTC. Everytime my husband saw a new cart I had to explain myself...I need to get my space organized better so I can use what I have! Currently I am working on helping my mom plan and prepare for her wedding in June! Trying to finish up the invitations today if possible...and here I am checking out the message boards! ** I am waiting for the ink to dry. Yeah - that's it. ** <grin>
    I want to thank you all for your help figuring MTC out - I get so much out of reading everyone's tips and process. And, the chat room has solved my questions when I needed something fast. Everyone is so friendly. I can't think of another type of software or company that has this kind of loyalty and dedication from it's users. It kind of reminds me of a co-op - where the customers sort of "own" the company and take pride in it's success. It's wonderful to see and be a part of.
  • KimKim Member Posts: 2,488
    Hi, I'm Kim. I've been lurking the posts for sometime now and enjoy reading all the posts. I love all the tutorials and freebies and i LOVE MTC!! I had a baby bug, and moved up to the E. I purchased the DS and used it once. I then got SCAL, but found it too time consuming trying to learn it. I only have a limited time to "play". A friend and I were discussing our Cricuts and SCAL when she asked me if I have tried MTC. She told me about the trial version and the rest is history. I purchased it almost immediately when I found out how easy it was to use. My DH has his own Cricut and I am in charge of supplying all of his "needs" for it. The reason he got one was because he saw mine, saw what I could do with it, amd because of SCAL and MTC expanding the uses of the Cricut. Which, by the way, is what I wrote Prove Craft, after getting so mad about the lawsuit. How many have purchased a Cricut BECAUSE of MTC and SCAL?? We still buy carts when any good ones come out. OK, OK....just had to get that out there!!!

Now, about me....I am turning 50 and have been married almost 30 years. We have one son, 15 and who just got his learner's permit to drive. I'm not sure I am ready for this stage!! We live in northern Louisana and I work at home. DH works in Arizona and California, so is on the road alot. We used to spend summers in southern California until baseball took up the summer months. We have lived in Fort Worth, TX, and Washington DC and since I am an Army brat, I have lived in quite a few places. I love crafting, just wish I had more time for it.

BTW, to all of you "regulars", I really enjoy this MB. I've been on others and I don't really HAVE to sit every morning and read the posts, but I am addicted to this one. The friendliness is contagious and the help? OMG, people just jump in to help each other. It's like being in a family...
    Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ Tigger the Black Cat Cougar 24" - the cat with attitudeTM As Yet Un-named Silhouette Cameo Hot Stuff the Foil Master
    Welcome and enjoy the fun here and in the MTC program
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
    BTT

Wow, this got all the way down to page 3!

Alllll right! Some new voices are being heard from. Come on, we know there are a lot more of you that haven't introduced yourselves.

Jeanette - don't you have a song for us?
    More new people! :D

Feel free to read through, get to know us, and then introduce yourselves...
  • KduffKduff Member Posts: 10
    I'm in south east Queensland on the east coast of Australia.
    I love my MTC but I'm sure there is so much that I don't know about it LOL
    Married 23yrs this Aug with 19 and 15 yr old boys.
    I'm a 5 mins drive from the waters edge and we are now in winter as of 1st may.
    Cheers all
  • Jennikel00Jennikel00 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I'm from Northern WI, just got married last summer to the love of my life. I now have a 10 year old step-son whom I just can't get enough of!
    I have been scrapbooking for about 5 years and just got my cricut for my birthday last year and MTC for my birthday THIS year, so I'm still learning, but it's been the best learning experience EVER! :-)
    I've pretty much sat back and just read the forum and not really jumped in, but the more I learn the more I'd love to share.
    So thanks everyone for being so AWESOME!

Take Care
    MORE new people!

Hey guys...do you want this thread to be a temporary [Sticky]?
    please I couldn't find this to tell my sister where it was
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!