We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Where are you from? Tell us about yourself

Comments

• minorcustomcraftsminorcustomcrafts Member Posts: 674
    Now that I have time. It's my turn. My name is Trisha I live in Lincoln, NE and I just turned 36. I have to kids-1 boy now 14 & 1 girl 7. My husband is the lucky one to stay at home, we will be married 9 yrs in July. I am a bookstore manager. So I get to see all these ideas about what I can cut. I am also a collector of lots of craft stuff. I started my son's scrap book when he was little, when you used all those scissors. It got to be too time consuming. I got the cricut a year ago December thinking it would help. Let's say it has been sitting until I came across MTC. Now I have gone crazy. Not scrapping (yet) making cards, I made a First Communion Banner, my daughters cake, word book for my parents anniversary, and a few other things. I am now going to start using it to scrap. (hopefully)

Trisha
    Trisha Now cutting with an 18" Black Cat Cougar minorcustomcrafts.com
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Trisha,

I LOVE books! If I worked at a bookstore, my house would be buried in books.... LOL!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • minorcustomcraftsminorcustomcrafts Member Posts: 674
    Yeah, I do have a ton of kids books. We were gonna sell them when we moved, but I couldn't do it. They moved with us.
    Trisha Now cutting with an 18" Black Cat Cougar minorcustomcrafts.com
  • maliamalia Member Posts: 382
    My turn...I am a realtor near louisville KY. I am from Northern Ohio on Lake Erie, moved to Louisville 12 years ago. I am 55 and have a son and daoughter and 3 1/2 Grandchildren. I love landscaping. I married my HS sweetheart and we do Ballroom and Latin dance 3 times a week. We love to travel.I have been scrapping for 10 years. It is great to know more about you guys. You have all been soooo helpful. Marcia
    Getting to know you...getting to know all about you.....
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • MaxineLMaxineL Member Posts: 27
    I live in Queensland, Australia. I am 53 and have been married for 34 years. I have 4 children, 2 SIL's and 2 granddaughters. The boys still live at home. They are the oldest and the youngest of my kids. My hubby tells me they have it too good at home!! My daughter brought me back an E from America in December and then I saw all the goings on re MTC on the C** board. I'm so happy that I saw that thread!! Took me until February to take the plunge and buy only because I had no knowledge or experience with any programs other than office software. It was the enthusiasm and helpfulness of people on this board that sold me. I mainly scrapbook and so far I have completed nothing!! Playing and collecting files is fun too! They're the ones I'm gunna use 1 day. Have enjoyed reading this thread. Maxine
  • Lindacrew4_ID713Lindacrew4_ID713 Member Posts: 4,537
    getting to like you.... ;-D
  • KarenPKarenP Member Posts: 4,028
    I am new here. Playing with the trial version of MTC. Love the new version.

I live in Joplin MO but I call home NE Missouri, a little german town of Bethel. I am a system administrator and have worked at the same place for 10 years+. I married my highschool sweetheart and have been married 37 years this summer, I have 3 girls and 8 grandchildren, 2 cats, 1 Golden Doodle, and 3 miniature dachshunds. I have an Expression and a Craft Robo Pro....why I thought I needed an "E" after having a Craft Robo Pro is beyond me (I think my sisters convinced me) but what is done is done.

I have explained my addiction to scrapbooking, paper crafting, vinyl and sandblasting, etc as "necessary to bring the fun back" to computers. When you work with computers all day, every day my co-workers think I am crazy to even get close to a computer when I am home but what can I say....I love computers.

See you around the forum.
    Missouri
  • cal8007cal8007 Member Posts: 206
    Wow!! page 5, it took me long enough to read everyone's post, so I hope I have time to write.

My name is Carmen and I'm from Texas across from the border of Mexico.

I don't have much time to post because I'm taking care of my 99 yo father who has been bedridden since February. He caught pneumonia in both lungs, came out of the hospital after five days, but the second day home, he just did not want to get up, I called hospice, and he's been under their care at my home ever since. He has his good days where he's lucid and other days when all he does is sleep. When he's lucid, we have to sit by him and make sure he doesn't try to get out of bed because he can't walk. He is very lucid today, so I'll have to hurry up with my story.

I inherited my love for making things from my mom, who passed away in 1990. I was born in Mexico, so from an early age, like all little Mexican girls, I was taught to sew, crochet, knit, water color, etc., but I was a tomboy, so when most of my classmates made huge tablecloths with eight dinner napkins in a school year, I managed to make one dinner napkin - my mother was so sad LOL. My mom was very creative and fun. My sister and I enjoyed her company because she would play with us and make us paper dolls, the dresses and the furniture. She would spend hours outside in the summer telling ghost stories and making us laugh at the same time.

I've wanted to make scrapbooks since I can remember, but didn't know where to start. When my dad was going to turn 97, I decided to borrow my aunt's family pictures and do a heritage album. I don't remember if I looked on the Internet, or how I was able to accomplish such a huge task, but I made my first four scrapbooks and the family loved them. Well, I was addicted (and I've been addicted ever since))

Soon after that I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and did not do any scrapbooking or anything creative for eight months. The chemo gave me nerve damage in my fingers and I couldn't even cut a piece of paper. That's when my cousin introduced me to the baby Cricut. She sat me in front of it, showed me a couple of buttons, and left me there to cut something out. I remember distinctly the cart I used and the image I cut. I was hooked. My husband was so happy I was able to do something, when I asked him if I could get one, he happily got me the baby Cricut. (I don't know if he's as happy now!)

I started looking for inspiration on the Internet, found the design studio, SCAL, and finally MTC, which I can use very easily and love it. I graduated to an E this last November and I've never been happier.

I've been married to my best friend for 38 years, we have two grown children and two grandchildren who inspire me to create layouts and cards. When people ask me where I'm from, I reply "from everywhere." I was born in Mexico, but immigrated to the US in 1961. Since my husband worked for an oil company, we lived in 14 different cities in the US. I was a government worker doing translations and interpretations for law enforcement agencies. My husband and I are now retired and staying put!!

That's all I can write at the moment, but I'll be back in a day or two and meet the rest of you!

Happy cutting!

Carmen L
  • JeannetteCJeannetteC Member Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2010
    Hi Everyone, I've been lurking for months, so time to introduce myself. As my username says, I'm another Jeannette (although 2 n's for me). I'm XX, married for 16 years, with a DD who's 14 and DS who's 12. I love a variety of crafts, with paper cutting being my newest passion. I convinced hubby to let me get the Create back in November, but it never would have happened had he realized the addiction he had opened. By December I had discovered the carts on Ebay and got bidders finger! When I discovered DS, I was so excited with being able to use my laptop. THEN, I found MTC!!!! By now I had probably spent pushing $600 on Create, Carts and DS. I hung my head as I said to my husband that I wanted to buy something else. The sell to him was amazingly simple. When he grasped that cutting without a new cart was within my reach he was so on board. MTC was purchased within the hour. I love it. I haven't done a lot for myself yet, but have used it extensively for school projects and signage for parent council. I now have DS's teacher interested in how he did the latest project. I really hope PC soon sees the lack of logic in this lawsuit and backs off. I was all prepared to do a presentation at the school on how they could use the Cricut and MTC, but holding off until things get sorted out. I think Andy and Ann are great and just amazing in how they listen to the needs of the people on the forum when making changes to MTC.
    OK, I've been rambling. Something to do with the time of night I'm sure :-)
    Other things about me ... I grew up in Windsor, Ontario, but went to university in Waterloo in 1982 and never left the region (love it here). We have lived in Cambridge, Ontario (1 hour from Toronto) since 1992. I currently supply(substitute) teach for our two local high schools. Thankfully, DD actually likes having her mom around, because more often than not I'm in her school. Part-time teaching suits me fine. It lets me design my weeks. Tomorrow I get to go to a Blue Jay game with my son's class. I am also a Pathfinder leader and active in both the elementary and high school parent councils.

Jeannette C
    Post edited by JeannetteC on
    Jeannette C, Ontario, Canada http://houseofcards-jc.blogspot.com
  • lojay7lojay7 Member Posts: 206
    njs

Small world. I love Polk. It's small and quiet. How did you end up in Indy?
    Lori
  • kidkid Member Posts: 68
    Hola!!

I am Fawn 46 yo, and live just north of San Diego County in California.
    I have been married for 25 years to my high school sweetie. We have 2 kids, daughter who became a mom 8 month ago. (I love my grand daughter like crazy!) and a son in the Army as a combat medic. He is currently in Hatii as medic relief.
    I just got my E for Easter, and MTC the same w/e. I am completely NEW to all of this but totally enjoy all of it!.
    Thank you all for your posts and tuts. For those of us that want to do this but don't have a clue where to start they really help.
    bump to the top, I know there are more on this forum.
  • HeyMisssPeggyHeyMisssPeggy Member Posts: 5
    OK..me. I’ve been mostly lurking for a couple of months searching for answers on how to use MTC, but found myself just coming back for the entertainment!!! You all have way too much fun in this forum! Thank you for sharing such great ideas and for being so willing to help.

My name is Peggy, 46 y/o, married almost 20 yrs, two boys, 12 and 9, two girls 7 and 5. We live in Peachtree City, GA (south of Atlanta). I am currently SAHM, but have worn many hats…dance teacher, elementary school teacher, preschool teacher, Sunday School teacher, former CM consultant.

Since I was a child I have always made photo albums, and so when CM first came out, I was naturally drawn to it. I actually don’t do many albums anymore but craft all sorts of things. Mostly I use my C for school projects for my own classroom, kids projects, cards, invitations, treat boxes etc. Next up are a couple of vinyl word art projects that I plan to try…that is mainly what lead me to MTC….don’t really have very many font cartridges for my Cricut. Actually, I purchased my Cricut 3 years ago specifically because it does NOT have to be connected to a computer. I really didn’t want to be dependent upon one. Obviously, I’ve discovered how limiting that is and now that I have a laptop, I am excited about all of the new possibilities! I have not yet actually cut anything with MTC (still have to drag out the laptop and USB cords)but have made a few designs and followed along in several tutorials. Anyway, I thought it was about time I spoke up and joined in all the fun!
    edited April 2010
    ...getting to hope you like me..... (look at past posts to catch the reference) ;-D

[edited to correct the lyrics]
    Post edited by iggylover on
  • debby8460debby8460 Member Posts: 234
    BUMP
    Enjoy life to the fullest, for tomorrow comes to fast. The road to success is always under construction. Cuts with the Expression.
  • kidkid Member Posts: 68
    This is way fun and was wondering if we could do a running list of our name, city and state and or country?

It is really hard to remember where everyone is from. By the time I got to the fifth page I thought I was the only one that lived in California.
    Nope kid,

I'm in southern Orange County, and I think Terina is up by San Francisco, but inland...

Jeanette
  • lojay7lojay7 Member Posts: 206
    njs

Next time your in town look me up. We can scrap a bit. I love to meet new people.

Lori
    Lori
  • oldbeeoldbee Member Posts: 316
    I've just come out from under the bushes !
    I'm form the Yorkshire Dales in the Uk happily married for 33 years with a boy 30 and a girl 26 both live away from home in their own houses and both single.
    We have a black lab and a black cat both 14years old and drive me crazy.

I finally bought MTC and So far only done one cut.....Why you ask too scared.......So guess what hooked up the bug yesterday cut a file then decided to hook up to DS for something .....Guess what it needed firmware updating so after a torrid time I E mailed a very friendly chap at PC in the state who said he could ring me if I supplied the number which I did and eventually at 9.15 last night Uk time 2pm utah time he rang and spent the best part of an hour with me and the conclusion ...he's shipping me a replacement machine direct to my home. No question of how old ect . So there is some good there Lol. I wait and see.

I have to say MTC is going to be really good especially when all the little niggles are ironed out .I've sent an error message to support which crashed the software.
    You all produce the most amazing designs and I'm trying hard to follow you all. The tutorials are a brilliant help and I'm sorry I missed the last webinair ?will it be posted like the first one.

Oldbee
    oldbee,

There has only been one webinar so far... I was supposed to help arrange a second one, but I mixed up my days and missed Juliefes' offer of one on Tuesday. :(

Still working on setting one up, waiting for anyone to give me a definite date and time. ;-D

Jeanette
    ....getting to know you, putting it my way...
  • angelcrafterangelcrafter Member Posts: 92
    Hello All...
    I haven't been too active on the forums lately, and I feel so out of the loop. SO I thought I'd post a bit about myself.
    My name is Angela
    I have been Married for 6 years to my wonderful hubby, who supports my crafting addiciton!
    We have 5 kids (yes they are all ours, yes we know we have our hands full, and yes we know how it all works') And are expecting our sixth in October. This is why I'm not always so active on the forums, because I am so TIRED after they goto bed that I don't always get on here!!!
    Our oldest is 6 then we have 4 year old twins, a three year old and a 1 year old. 2 girls and 3 boys...kinda hoping for a girl, but I just pray for a healthy baby!
    Oh I am Canadian from a small town in Ontario!!
    AND most importantly I love MTC!
    Hope to 'talk' to you soon!
    happy crafting
    ....but nicely.... (who's caught the reference yet?) ;-D
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    Is it Sound of Music or King and I? I know it is Getting to Know You, but I can't remember the show...
    The King and I!

Great job waterrabbit!... of course, I WAS making it pretty obvious, but it makes for a fun way to 'bump' this thread up...
    Ah... well, now we'll have to think of another song...
    Not yet! I'm getting to the fun part where I get to post one word at a time... LOL
    LOL - I remember doing this for a posting contest. I did "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by TS Eliot one line at a time!
    hee hee hee
    sorry iggylover, I have 3 kids with me this week, school vacation, next week I have the other, he has no school next week. been trying to keep this to the top , getting on as often as I can............KEEP SINGING!!!!
    Just hate missing all the fun

BUMP BUMP BUMP IT UP
  • carterbkcarterbk Member Posts: 116
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Bonnie and I live in Southern West Virginia with my hubby of 27 years. I'll be the BIG 50 this November. We have been blessed with two sons 26 and 20 years old. A wonderful Daughter-In-Law and two beautiful Granddaughters. I am a Library Technician for the Mine Safety and Health Administration and I love my job.

When I was younger I loved crafts, all types of crafts. But when work, kids and life seemed to rule my domain I found it hard to make time for it. But know that my children are all grown up and doing their on thing I made up my mind it was time for me to do something that I used to enjoy and that was crafting. So know I'm back on the bandwagon and ready to roll. I bought my cricut around Christmas time and was afraid to open it. lol I thought I had made a big mistake because I knew I wouldn't spend a lot for the cartridges. Then I stumbled onto the MTC Forum. And I was sold hook, line and sinker. My grand babies come over all the time and we line up at the table and create away. We made a craft room that is filled with their creations on the wall. It makes them feel so special and I really like the idea of encouraging them to express themelves by using their crafting talents. Thank you so much Andy and Ann. Your hard work and dedication to helping others is truly appreciated.
    ....you are precisely....
    ....my....
    ....cup....
    ....of....

Feel free to introduce yourselves, don't worry about interupting the 'flow of the song'... giggle
    ....tea.
  • theboydbunchtheboydbunch Member Posts: 129
    edited April 2010
    Hi ladies...I'm Deb and I'm from Maryland!!
    I am addicting to MTC and use it more for "projects, like making tshirts, etc.. than scrapping at the moment.
    I am happily married with 2 kids and a full time public school teacher but am currently on leave from work because in late February I fell and broke my arm and shoulder joint in 3 places.
    Deb - where in Maryland?
    Getting to know you,....
  • theboydbunchtheboydbunch Member Posts: 129
    I am in the Harford County area of Maryland :)
    edited April 2010
    Okay - sort of familiar with there - I'm in DE now (northern - near Christiana Mall) but I grew up in Bowie, MD which is in PG County, right on the border with Ann Arundel. And I went to college in Frostburg.
    ....Getting to feel free and easy....

[nope, not THAT way ;-) ]
  • Reba1Reba1 Member Posts: 3,626
    ...When I am with you,
    Getting to know what to say ...
    ...Rebecca - "Zen D Zing" user (N. ILLINOIS) Public Flickr album (MTC): http://tinyurl.com/33cgstz Public Flickr album (cakes): http://tinyurl.com/y8d8ztl
    Thanks Reba!

...Haven't you noticed
    Suddenly I'm bright and breezy?...
    cant believe there isent anyone from NEW HAMPSHIRE, what am I the only scrapper out here?
  • Reba1Reba1 Member Posts: 3,626
    Uh oh - Jeanette's singing to herself again - so I will chime in...

Because of all the beautiful and new -
    Things I'm learning about you -
    Day by day.

C'mon - I am sure we don't have everyone yet!
    ...Rebecca - "Zen D Zing" user (N. ILLINOIS) Public Flickr album (MTC): http://tinyurl.com/33cgstz Public Flickr album (cakes): http://tinyurl.com/y8d8ztl
    Hmmm...time for a new song...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!