We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Where are you from? Tell us about yourself

Comments

• nannananna Member Posts: 205
    I guess I'm next!
    I'm 59 years old. I celebrated my LAST birthday. From now on all I'm having are un-birthdays!!
    I'm the mother of two, DD 36 and DS 30. I have 7 beautiful grandchildren from 18 yo to 5 months old.
    My husband and I just had our 25th anniversary. Finally found one that thinks he's married too!
    I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years.
    DD and I just combined scraprooms, so we have WAY TOO MUCH.
    I watch DD 2 youngest while she and SIL work their business. They travel alot and I spend most of my time at her house.
    I'm a retired certified medical office assistant.
    Born, raised and live in central Illinois.
    Real name Sue
    I love MTC

God bless Andy
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Welcome, welcome, welcome all.... :-D
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • judyx1343judyx1343 Member Posts: 683
    Iggy,
    you crack me up. When I read Debby's post I read the big yellow school (bus). You are observant. love are the post never leave without laughing at something or another.
  • tuesytuesy Member Posts: 355
    Hi.. I'm Tuesy aka Carol. I was born and raised in the Midwest..but now live in the Pacific Northwest and LOVE it! (no humidty is always good). I'm Mom to 4 humans ranging in ages from 30 to 11, also Mom to 3 fur babies..Cali, Tigger and the terror Miss Bella. We're retired AF with my DH being disabled. I'm into sewing quilts, ME (although I haven't done that in a while) and now this.. I first saw an infomerical on the Cricut and thought I might like to have one.. 2 months later I ordered it. While waiting for it to arrive I was researching all the supplies I needed, etc and ran across SCAL, which then lead me to reading about MTC. I wanted something user friendly and MTC fit the bill.. well that and the price.
    I have to say too, that watching the webinar, when Andy was showing what he was working on and clicked on C++, I had to smile and laugh a little. My DH used to program for the AF and seeing that program open up with all those windows took me back to a good place in my mind... :)
  • DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
    Hi...I am Darlene from Waco, Texas. Married to the same man for 37 years. We have 2 daughters, 1 son in law, 2 ex son in laws, 2 grandsons age 13 and 6 and one 10 yr. old granddaughter. Both daughters say that's all we are getting..The oldest is the mother of the 6 yr. old. She and her husband have been married for over 10 yrs. and dated 10 yrs before that. Our youngest is the mother of the 13 yr. old grandson and 10 yr. old granddaughter. She is presently single. My granddaughter absolutely loves making things with the Cricut. She helped make her goody bag birthday party favors today. She wanted a baseball theme.
    My hobbies are anything crafty related. My first love is decorative painting but don't do it much any more. I play at scrapbooking more. I get together with several friends on most Wednesday nights and we scrap..mainly socialize. I rarely leave my diecuts plain. I chalk, ink, spatter..you name it..lol. It is the artist in me. I was inking the ball bats today and my granddaughter said..Grandy..it's OK to leave them plain. People know they are bats! I said OK then why did we have to make the baseballs yellow with red stripes? When I was a kid baseballs were all white!
    She just rolled her eyes and grinned. We have fun crafting. I will be so glad when this lawsuit mess is over and Andy gets to post some new stuff. I am pretty good with Illustrator but love the simplicity of MTC. My favorite feature is the layer feature. I hope we get to get back to playing and sharing. Darlene
  • stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
    Thanks to everyone who kept this at the top for people like me who have not been able to stalk this board as much as normal - I want to start by saying I too love this idea and all of the long time lurkers first time posters it brought out (kind of reminds me of radio first time caller long time listener stuff). I will start with the reason I love this board - I feel supported and it always makes me smile.

For anyone who does not know me, my name is Stacy and I am totally addicted to MTC, the forum, and about a million other things. I live in Southeast Florida, just outside of Fort Lauderdale but I was born in Ohio and lived there the first year of my life. I am going to try and only tell you things that are not on my blog or anywhere else for the rest of this - I am 27 years old (well at least for another week or so I am) and I am a little boring in the married/kids/pets and such department (although I did once have a pet snail and two pet hermit crabs named Rumbly and Tumbly). I left being an IT auditor with a big 4 accounting firm about a year and a half ago because I had no life and it did not make me happy to pursue a teaching career because that is what I am passionate about (besides MTC of course). No full time job in teaching yet as I picked the worst time in history to change careers but I do have a part time teaching job and sub frequently and am keeping my fingers crossed for next year. I am an absolute learning-aholic, I love learning things and will sit with something as hours pass if I am interested and cannot figure it out. This gets me in a lot of trouble and a lot of hobbies - on top of paper crafting, I have a real thing for photo editing, line dancing classes, and pretty much anything to do with the computer.
  • twiggytwiggy Member Posts: 484
    This is a great thread!
  • Lindacrew4_ID713Lindacrew4_ID713 Member Posts: 4,537
    Stacy. I love Line Dancing............................................
  • stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
    ;) hehe really - how long have you been doing it? I loved to dance as a little girl and really was and still am in no shape to do it. I love watching all the fun dancing shows but my boyfriend will not try to learn ballroom and the ladies in hip hop classes and the like stare at me like I am from outer space in those classes. Tried line dancing while I was out of town at a long term client and liked it - the people were supportive and it was fun. Didn't do it for a while and then picked back up at home where I found the same supportive and awesome feeling. ;) I have never been complimented so much in my entire life as when I dance with them - it is so nice (and abnormal) and I have the others tell me they love to watch me dance all of the time, it is very sweet!
  • KwiltKwilt Member Posts: 1,360
    edited April 2010
    oops...
    Proud MTC Member Since: 12/25/2009

LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ LOVE MY 15" KNK MAXX!!!!
    MY BLOG: CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND COFFEE
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    edited April 2010
    Oh dear....why do I feel like I am at a MTC-Anonymous meeting?

Person A; Hello my name is Nelda and I am addicted to MTC and crafting. It's been three hours since I last used.

All: hello Nelda, welcome to MTC-Anonymous.

So yes, we can all freely admit our addictions here, but I think we are more enabling that anything! And instead of "friends of Bill" we can be "Friends of Andy"

(signed)....fellow MTC addict, Nelda
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • craftydivacraftydiva Member Posts: 265
    ooohhhh yay, I love love love this thread. I'm not nosy, I just like to know a lot..... think that comes with being welsh.

My name is Karen and I am 38 years old on Wednesday.... mores the pity, I can't believe I'm pushing 40, still feel the same as I did when I was still at school!!!! I have been married to a shepherd for almost 12 years and we have a 10 year old daughter. We live in South Wales in the UK and I own a little craft shop called Crafty Diva (of course)...lol
    My main business is selling cardmaking materials but more recently the wedding stationery side of my business has really taken off and with the economic climate the way it is, I am really glad to have something to help pay the bills! I have 10 weddings booked for this year and I am absolutely thrilled. I don't keep samples as I make bespoke for each and every bride as I want their day to be as special as it can be : ) I have great plans for my website (www.craftydiva.co.uk) but I just don't seem to get enough time to do anything on it, I was thinking of just having it up and running for the wedding stationery side of things but its just under construction at the moment, reserving my name until I can get around to doing anything with it!!

I am a vampire maniac.....lol I make my husband watch everything with me from The Twilight Saga to The Vampire Diaries to the more raunchy True Blood (fans herself just at the thought of vampire Eric......swooooon)

I love MTC and have recommended this to so many of my customers, it gives me amazing freedom when designing stationery as I can size an image to fit anything from a place card to a table plan. I started off with SCAL but find MTC easier to use overall.

Its great to get to know all of you and I wish I had more time to read all of the posts but with work the way it is at the moment, I just don't have a lot of time to spare which I suppose is a good thing : )

Thanks for letting me ramble...lol
    Hugs
    Karen
  • aprilapril Member Posts: 28
    K... guess it's my turn! (I've had a blast reading the last 4 pages of all of your posts!!)
    My name is April and I live in Northeast VT.
    I'm a SAHM , and have three children 2 boys ages 21 & 17 and a girl age 13!
    I am happily married to my HS sweetheart and best friend for the past 22 years!
    I am also the owner of one very opinionated cat, who lets us live in HIS HOUSE. (he's nice that way! LOL!!)

I've had many hobbies over the years, but I must admit scrapbooking/papercrafting has become my addiction!! And MTC is by far the BEST!!( Just my opinion ;) ) There's not enough hours in the day to accomplish all the things I can now do with MTC!
    Last but not least.... I am NOT HAPPY that spring had come to VT... and now..... we're back to WINTER. It hasn't stopped snowing up here since yesterday. *sigh. Somehow... somewhere.... I totally missed summer and fall! Someone Please tell Ole man winter to STOP shaking his snowglobe!!!!! ;))
  • dandeliondandelion Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2010
    deleted
    Post edited by dandelion on
  • whaddacutupwhaddacutup Member Posts: 92
    My turn I guess. My name is Norma, I am 47 (cough-cough) and I am a full-time employed mom/wife of two (really 3, lol) children. My DD is 14 and loves to craft almost as much as me and my DS is 6 and he also loves to join me and "make stuff". (My "craproom" as my DH calls it, was supposed to be my sanity space to get some time alone...not happenin!) I have been married for 19 years in June, but we have been together for 27. (Yea, I know...) My husband thinks I am totally nuts and doesn't appreciate my love of this craft. My favorite saying is "My husband let's me buy all the scrapbooking supplies I can hide". He doesn't think it's funny... I have lived in Michigan all my life, born and raised in Warren and currently in Brighton. My DH and I (literally) built our own home here and it's our dream home and I plan to die here...later-much later...

I remember the first time I walked into M's with my DD and saw a C on display and saying, "Wow, look how expensive--someone would have to be out of their cotton-pickin gourd to spend that kind of money". I am now EATING THOSE WORDS....I got an unexpected bonus at work and decided to buy my self something big to play with but didn't know what I wanted. I went to the CMB and saw all the cool stuff people made and that was it! About 2 months after I bought it (in 07), I found out that they were coming out with the E. I said that I would never have any use for that....I am now EATING THOSE WORDS too....I bought my E the following year with another bonus and have purchased more carts that my DH can ever know about. That said, I saw Andy's original post for MTC on the MB before they had a chance to remove it and was immediately interested. I was only days away from breaking down and purchasing "that other one". I downloaded the trial and told my DD to play with it for a few minutes and tell me how hard it was to learn. Well, she designed and cut the Detroit Red Wing logo in about 10 minutes flat (even with the cut mark in it) and I immediately grabbed my credit card. The rest is history. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this program-almost as much as chocolate,....ahemmm.....I was seriously upset when I heard about the lawsuit and I hope that Andy prevails as I honestly don't think he has done anything wrong. They didn't give us a decent program to work with and he did....
    I am having fun reading about everyone here, glad to see some other Michigan residents. My bestest friend in the whole world, whom I met on the CMB is proof that it's a good thing meeting others online. I hope to get friendly with some of you!!!

Enough rambling.....
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SandyWSandyW Member Posts: 1,289
    edited April 2010
    Hi All, wow this post has crept up to 166 post now....LOL....gotta lot of reading to do to catch up, been away the last two days,

Okay here is me (Sandy, here):
    I hit the "half a century" this year....but don't feel that age. I plan on staying "young" forever, LOL...well I can dream can't I.

This is actually my anniversary weekend (Sunday), will be 25 years together with my hubby. We have 9 children between us...you know the yours, mine and ours thing going on here. 3 granddaughters who I just love to spoil. And empty-nesters here now.

I work fourty hours as a sales tax accountant for a major welding gas supplier in the US (I have 45 states I have to keep up on the tax laws on). I have been involved in Girl Scouts for 14 years and even though my troop has aged out now, still can't seem to leave. I help out other troops when needed and am still a counsel delegate. I love archery and was trained as a facilitator teaching archery to girls at GS Camp. Did you know that is a "sport" that anyone, any age, can do....and you don't even need a "team" to do it...although it is fun with a few friends. I have 2 compound bows and one recurve.

I love to read, scrapbook, getting started on cardmaking, creating with polymer clay, "collector" of crafting tools. Use to do all of the other crafts in my earlier years, sewing, embrodiery, cross-stitch, crotcheting, knitting, woodworking, ceramics. I dabbled in everything crafted related over the years.

Hubby got me the Charmed 8 season collectors edition, so since Christmas, I have tried to devote an hour (usually during lunch at work) to watch these....there are a lot of disk in that package, LOL. I love the "fantasy" world...."good" magic of course. :) Huge Harry Potter fan with all of the books (both hardback and paperback) and all of the movies that have been released.

Anyway, that is a little about me, I am basically an open book so if you want to know something, ask me! I have always loved to help people and unfortunately for me, LOL, everyone that knows me knows it is hard for me to say "NO". Oh well, I think that is what is keeping me "young" as I stated in my first sentence. LOL!

Now off to read this long......post to find out all about you all. :)

Oh PS....forgot to add....from Charlotte, North Carolina.
    Post edited by SandyW on
    Sandy W. (formerly "BugHappyGrams") Charlotte, NC http://thehobbylady.blogspot.com/
  • Bridge AceBridge Ace Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2010
    All right. My turn. I am a single male with no offspring (don't get your hormones in a tizzy!) who was born in 1950. If I was born on February 29, that would make me 15, right? Unfortunately, I was born in April, so you do the math.

I bought the E because I had a specific need for my business. I own a bridge (the card game) club and needed to make some specific labels - well, actually, they had to be vinyl. I only bought the E after I found SCAL and knew I could design what I needed. SCAL did what I required. But, being the techie person I am, I found MTC and immediately bought it.

I don't scrapbook and bought my girlfriend her last birthday card at Walgreens! But I use MTC to make signs for my business.

I lurk here often, and post seldom. But I want you to know that I have learned a lot and you are, for the most part, a great bunch of gals (sorry, Bryan, John and Rob)!

Rich

visit my website:
    http://www.bridgeace.com
    Hey! Don't forget our main man.....Andy! lol , jk ;-D
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • mrs.jbarbermrs.jbarber Member Posts: 116
    Hi all....I am 45 years old..Melvindale Michigan...married mother of 2 beautiful girls 19 and 21 (to be) I will be a grandma in October.....I have a lil' yorkie named zeus (big name little dog) that i just call booboo ....I am an ofice manager for a wholesale seafood distributor in the historic eastern market district of detroit....which allows me to spend the majority of my day on the mtc forum...gotta love my job....I have spent ginormous amounts of money on PC thats or sure....I started scrapbooking in 97 and looking back at thoses pages ...lol...I had absolutely no tools...some shaped scissors and a couple of stencils... i stopped or a few years and one day in Michaels not knowing what I wanted to do but just knew I wanted to do something there was this neato little thing on sale I got it for like 15 dollars Sizzix Sidekick yes it was a little bitty thing but it could cut out letters and all these neat dies ...so now I had "a" tool lol I still made everything by hand but it was getting elaborate and I was imressing myself...
    then I stopped again until I saw the personal cutter cricut infomercial......I have come a long long way since then I bought it the baby bug....who hoo I was so excited till I got it and got on te forums and found out that now there was a big bug....had to have it...had to have a jukebox too and a gypsy and then they started something else...a Yudu got that too that is actually perfect or collecting dust by the way....you think cricut is expensive to use...buy a yudu....erin bassett I know you know where I am coming from on that.....you are the yudu queen I think.....but I love to scrapbook and I love to make cards and I can't wait to have layouts to share of my new granbaby soon....Happy Scraping everyone Jodi
    www.jodiscreativeside.blogspot.com
  • Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Member Posts: 559
    My turn? Okay. My name is Sheri (never would have figured that one out, huh?) and I live in Grapevine, TX. I recognize several other people here and a couple I've even met in real life! I think that's just another sign of how great this product and this board is. I got my CE for Christmas in 2008, DS in June and I used my bug some. Certainly not as much as I could but then I was limited by the carts I owned, about 20 at last count. BUT, I have a Craft Robo collecting dust in the corner and I certainly used my CE more than the CR. In January I was hunting for some specific icons for a wedding album I was doing for a customer and hating the thought of buying a new cart just for a couple of items. I knew about SCAL but heard it wasn't much more user friendly than Inkscape and using the CR. Then a friend told me about MTC. Within 3 days, I bought it and used it to make exactly what I needed for my customers. At 2 weeks, I had some friends over to teach them how to use their Cs with DS. I showed them MTC and that afternoon, 4 other friends who fell in love just like me. Before the afternoon was over, they had logged on to my wireless network, bought and downloaded MTC and were playing and cutting right along with me. About a week later, I signed up as an Affiliate.

So, the facts: Married to the best man I know for 14 years this summer. Mom to one boy who's 23 and now lives in Austin. One 4-legged son (canine) who's coming up on 17 years old and is my baby now.
    Thanks! Sheri Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00. (The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
  • patankatpatankat Member Posts: 5
    This is an awesome post. So nice getting to know more about the great and talented people on this site.

I'm Kathy from Bowie, MD (Wash. DC suburb). Been married to the same man 31 years this June. We have 4 kids, 3 girls and 1 boy...all young adults. Starting our empty nest phase! Oldest girl lives in NY City, Son lives not far from home, a daughter attending grad school in Los Angeles (USC) and youngest daughter a junior in college about 1 hour from home. Been a crafter since college, actually was activities person for older adults during my working days. After kids, switched to kids crafts for school and church. As kids grew, got into scrapbooking & card making!

My dear hubby got me the E for christmas...have had MTC since end of January...LOVE IT! So much better than another familiar program I used!!! So Much Better!!! Ask the Terp fans in my family (me, hubby, son & his girl friend) how great this program is...lots of spirit items to decorate homes & apts during recent March Madness!
  • Sew Many CardsSew Many Cards Member Posts: 29
    WOW- lot's of great people here!

My name is Angela. I am married with two kids- one girl who is almost 10 and a little boy that is 2.5 and a chocolate lab who is 6 months old. I own a business: http://shop.SewManyCards.com where I draw digital stamps, by hand. We live in Charleston, SC and LOVE it here, but have to move back to Oregon because our family lives there and our son has been diagnosed with profound speech production disorder, which basically means his brain can't tell his mouth what to say. There are a lot of other symptoms and now we are learning that there are some severe diagnosis we are almost sure to have. We are going through genetic testing along with lots of testing through the childrens hospital here and LOTS of therapy. It's a long, and sad road, but I am so thankful for my business as it makes it so I can stay home with him.

I have had my E for several years and then bought SCAL right when it was brand new, and have never bought another cart since (I only own 2) :) I found out about MTC through Beanie and she sold me right away. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to use it like I used to, but it's there when I need it and I really wanted to support Andy and Anne in this venture they have.
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
    Wlecome Angela
    There is always miricale that can happen, god bless you and your family. I know what it means to have a child that needs extra attention and to be able to stay home with them is even rewarding each time they jump another hurdle even if it is a mild one. he is young and there are new advances being made everyday that will help. God gave you the little guy because he knew you would be the best for him cherish everyday and the rewards will beforth comming.
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
  • itsmejannaitsmejanna Member Posts: 1
    my name is janna and i'm a lurker too. i'm staring forty in the eye (june) and i live in clearwater, florida with my sweetie of three years. we have a brat dog, gizmo and a tuxedo kitty, freddy. i'm an assistant for a financial advisor - which can be really stressful. so, i design and cut with mtc to relax. i haunt this site and a few others for new ideas and cool cut files. my guy loves how happy this software makes me. he was sold when i figured out how to cut out his redsox. my mom says she's never seen anyone get so excited over paper, but all of her cards are propped up for everyone to see. :) mtc is my most favorite toy, ever!
  • CardMakerCardMaker Member Posts: 45
    I guess I am up now :) I am just this side of 40, married, 2 teenage daughters. We live in Utah, on the prairie. We have only 1/2 acre but that is enough for us! We are surrounded by farms so this is my favorite time of year because all of the baby farm animals are out frolicking! Actually, I love al of the seasons here...nothing like a flat sheet of snow for miles and miles as far as you can see. We are only 20 minutes from town so I do get some human contact. I must admit, I am a bit of a recluse though. We just downloaded the free trial of MTC but DH has to do something to the Cricut to update something. Oh, that is another thing about me...I am not really computer savvy. I am an accountant so I can do anything accounting on the computer but if it takes more than a few seconds for a screen to move, I email the techs for help! My children had to program my phone and I cannot turn on the TV in the back room without help. We had one local craft store in town but today was their last day open. We are rumored to be getting a JoAnns in August but we are not sure if they will have crafts or just fabric. So...I am limited to the internet to buy things for awhile. Not much else to tell....this is me. I am kind of mouthy so if I get mouthy on here, just tell me to relax and I will...nothing wrong with a little bit of mouth. That is my opinion and I have lots of them so hopefully I will not offend anyone. I never mean to--so if I DO--I didnt mean to so don't jump down my throat about it. :-) Other than that, just a lady who likes to craft as a way to relax. Thanks for letting me introduce myself, I have learned so much just lurking on this board and commenting here and there. Hopefully I will learn more!!! Happy Crafting Everyone!
    -M the CardMaker
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Member Posts: 4,246
    CardMaker, you are most welcome to mouth your opinion on this forum... we love to hear EVERYONES thoughts on things. Welcome to the board. I'm going to assume that your JoAnnes is going to have crafts, I don't think they even build stores that are just fabric (back when they were Cloth World) so hopefully you will have a place to shop soon.
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • SuziSuzi Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2010
    Suzi - living in TN by way of GA.
    I met the most awesome man and left GA. Sorry ladies, but I have the best husband. Will be married 5 years next month. We have 5 children between us. We celebrated our 5th anniversary this pass week, b/c we were able to get away ALONE! That being said – we are raising his 14 year old GD that we took legal custody from his daughter last June. He also has one son and another daughter that he raised, and 6 grandchildren. I have two daughters and no grands yet. We have a very spoiled 1 year old MaltiPoo name Missy. I think I am either 51 or 52, but hubby says that I am 53. I just know that I am not 60 like him. lol I feel and act not quite 40 yet.

I have always done crafts from sewing, crochet, cross stitch, folk painting, arts & crafts all of my life. My mom had me sewing my own Barbie doll clothes by 8. Having daughters made sewing so much more fun too. I Have always done scrapbooking since I was teen, but it sure has come a long way since then.

My husband has taken me on many trips since I first met him. I saved everything from everywhere we went. So I been saving this box of stuff until I retired early, I finally got to quit my job last October to raise our GD, my Bug. She has been my Bug since she was 5.

DH bought me my CE first of February and two weeks later I bought MTC. I have been having a blast. I am creating my own style as I go and learn. My main project is going to be a surprised scrapbook for Bug of her life living with us to give to her when she graduates. She is very active in sports and has lots of friends, so I got a lot of scrapping to do.

I have lurked a lot, collecting svg files, and love looking at layouts on here and everywhere on the Internet. I have so enjoyed this forum, it is helpful and there are ideas and very friendly people. This is the best place to learn what all your MTC can do.

Rachellann – You have been so awesome helping me many times to get just what I needed – thank you so much!

BugHappyGrams – I was a Girl Scout leader and a Super Grand Master Volunteer for 11 years, then the council decided they needed to start paying me, so they hired me. I had NE GA.

Twiggy – “I live in Ohio - near the Pro Football Hall of Fame! Woohoo!” My daughter lives in Cleveland.

Sew Many Cards – I love Charleston!

Biscuit Scraps – I moved from Cumming to TN and had worked in Roswell – too close to North Point.

ConiCuts – I loved “The Double Door” on Independence at 6th. Used to do lock ins at Discovery Place and always managed to stay a few more days.

Do people not scrap in TN, I cant find anyone. Also I want to attend a scrapping w/e, found one in Murphy, NC but you had to have been somewhere else before you could attend, Why?
  • Kris_in_AlaskaKris_in_Alaska Member Posts: 244
    edited April 2010
    This is awesome! I love reading about everyone! Anyone else but me here from Alaska? *dead silence, crickets chirping... oh, wait, there aren't any REAL crickets in AK only Cricuts!*

Here it goes:
    I'm Kris in a small town in the largest state... Haines, Alaska! I'm 4(GR)8, married to my best friend for 26 years, two girls (19 still lives at home, 23 lives in CA), one SUPER DUPER grandson, 15 months old (I just left him in CA after a visit there... boo hoo!). I have many jobs because it takes much money to live here: administrative assistant (museum), custodian (museum), landscape/yard business (spring-fall) and snow shoveler (winter), my art business includes One Stroke certified instructor (acrylic painting), Cricut teacher, and selling painted products and am due to start another job next week as production/office manager for a small newspaper. I do keep busy!
    I got my E for my painted cards (I haven't bought a card in years) because my handwriting left a lot to be desired and I felt like I ruined my cards when I wrote the greeting on and in them. I saw the E on an infomercial and felt like that would answer that need for my cards (I don't scrapbook at all... and probably never will!). Learned to use the E very quickly and decided to incorporate it into my painting classes (we paint cards in class too), demoed the machine for Joann's in Juneau (I travel teach in the fall to spring months to Juneau 90 miles away... staying for a week of classes) where I met a CM consultant who immediately hired me to teach at her weekend crop! I got DS because I'm a computer geek but felt the limitations almost immediately but it was still better than the carts alone. I was on the fence about SCAL and may have gotten it after Christmas if I hadn't seen MTC first and downloaded the trial version. I only had the trial for a day before purchasing it because I fell in love with its ease of use and being able to design my own designs! I haven't painted very many cards since I got the E, but my Cricut cards are loved by all who receive them! I love designing new ones but don't get near the time to cut them as I want.
    I'm coming into my summer season which is super duper busy and so won't get a lot of time for creating... just be able to keep up with birthday cards. I hope to be on the forum a little more now that I'm home from my vacation down south and will try to keep up with the doings here!

Love this thread... let's keep it going! * Waving "HI" from Alaska where the snow is MELTING finally!!! *
  • linsayscrapslinsayscraps Member Posts: 398
    Hello Kris form Alaska. You are a long way away from my home in New zealand. I posted earlier on this site and have found is so interesting just reading where everyones from and what they do in life, and your all going into spring!!!! and were facing winter.
    Linsay from New Zealand - Just Loving my Zing
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    patankat - I grew up in Bowie! And my parents still live there - although not in the house I grew up in! That house was in the F section and they're now in the M section. Do get to Bowie every so often to visit.
  • whaddacutupwhaddacutup Member Posts: 92
    BugHappyGrams,

It's interesting that you are into archery, I agree it's a wonderful sport. Most people think it's a boy thing or hunting related only and IT'S NOT. My DD was shy and had a hard time meeting new friends until she joined the school archery team two years ago. (This is NASP-National Archery in the School Program) It has given her a confidence that I would have never imagined. Her first year on the team, they won the state championship and she came in 2nd in the state for girls' middle school level. (Missed first by ONE point!!) They also went to the Nationals in Louisville, KY and a student on our team won the National title and also set a world record! This year the competition has become fierce but her team again took the state title and she came in 4th in the state! (This is out of over 700 archers in the state, Michigan and there will be almost 7000 archers at Nationals.) We will be heading to Louisville again on Mothers' Day Weekend.

Please, everybody-wish us luck. It IS a great sport. It's people like you who teach this to kids that this is possible. Thank you!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • mrs.jbarbermrs.jbarber Member Posts: 116
    funny about being called hoarders........( my stuff also stakced to ceiling) have you seen the hoarders t.v show .....my husband called me a paper hoarder and I was offended because I have watched the show......but I think he is jealous....lol I have a hobby...and his hobby is watching me do my hobby....
    www.jodiscreativeside.blogspot.com
  • SandyWSandyW Member Posts: 1,289
    edited April 2010
    Suzi - to funny....I know spending a lot of time as a volunteer for scouts, sometimes the volunteers know more than the "new hires" in a lot of councils....so I know that council benefited greatly by hiring you. :)

whaddacutup - Wow, I am impressed with your daughters accomplishments with archery!! Hey did you know (sure you do) that that is even an olympic sport ..... maybe I will be watching her on that one day! I am sending her good wishes and luck for her competition.
    And no it is definitely not just a "boy" sport. One of my moms in my troop, got certified with me and her and I have always teamed up over the years to do camps for not just our district but all of the districts in our council. When the camps do their end of camp evaluation, the archery session always get one of the highest marks as a favorite. The girls LOVE IT....we make the sport fun by of course placing balloons, diecut stars, cutouts of whatever the camp theme is, etc (that is where Sizzix and Cricut came into play, LOL) onto the targets and the girls love it. We emphasize them trying to hit the target....not just going for the bullseye-that way anyone new doesn't feel as if they can't do it. They all walk away feeling good about themselves. The bullseye, comes later with practice. We then whenever possible get the leaders up shooting with their girls and they become amazed at how much fun it is. They all leave wanting to shoot more, so that makes us happy that we have shared that fun with them and opened up a new "sport" that the can do. Again, this is target shooting, not hunting...that's just not my cup of tea. And again, as I have told many, many girls and adults....this is a sport that can be played at ANY AGE.

Please keep me posted on how the Louisville event turns out!! Sending Luck and Fun of course!!!
    Sandy
    Sandy W. (formerly "BugHappyGrams") Charlotte, NC http://thehobbylady.blogspot.com/
    Stacy
    I have been line dancing since I was very little. My parents always took us to parties and that was the thing to do. I love ballroom to, my husband doesnt dance so I always dance with others. Wish you were closer, then we could go about our happy way and DANCE!!!!
  • tcaudelltcaudell Member Posts: 13
    My name is Tammy and I live in a very small (not even a red light or any fast food places small!) town in southeast Kentucky. I often joke that I live in the land where nobody scraps but me! I have been married to my WONDERFUL husband and best friend Wade for 16 years. We have a beautiful 4 year old daughter Marley Grace. I'm a Speech-Language Pathologist and work full time for an area school district as well as our local nursing home on a PRN basis. I am an avid scrapbooker and a member of the Xyron Design Team. Being in my scraproom is my relaxation and therapy. Like everyone on the forum I LOVE Make The Cut and it has opened up a whole new world of crafting for me. It is by far one of the best crafting purchases I've made in a LONG time!!! I absolutely adore this forum and read it several times a day. Everyone here is sooooooo nice and helpful. I've learned so much from each of you here.

Tammy
  • JanJan Member Posts: 23
    Okay, I''m mostly a lurker, but will take the plunge. My name is Jan, a Texan born and bred. My husband of 35 years and I now live in Bonham, Tx. I've lived in San Saba, Tx, Dumas, Tx, Amarillo, Tx, Grapevine, Tx, Pilot Point, Tx, Fort Worth, Tx. - hopefully we'll be able to retire in Bonham. We have 1 son, 2 daughters and 1 son-in-law, no grands as yet. I started out sewing, crocheting and knitting and finally got into card making a couple of years ago. I got my Cricut E right after Thanksgiving of 2008, just discovered MTC a couple of months ago and am loving it. I've still got a lot of learning to do. I also hoard lots of craft supplies. All of this stuff with PC and the lawsuit has distracted me from getting much crafting done. Hope it all works out in Andy's favor.
    Oh yes, I am 56 years young, share a birthday, Jan. 8th with Elvis, but different years lol! I work from home and can set my own hours which is great. I love reading everyone's posts - thanks for being such a welcoming, informative group. I'm glad to be a part of it.
  • CardMakerCardMaker Member Posts: 45
    HI Jana! I lived in Clearwater for...gosh...3 years? Worked in the Sun Bank building for a little while...don't know if that is still there. I used to love going up by the grocery up the road and watching the "Preacher" on the corner. He was a staple of downtown...wonder if he is still around. He was no spring chicken when I was there so I have my doubts. So...Big Hello from one side of the US to the other!!!
    Thanks Angel for agreeing that a little bit of mouth never hurt anyone!! haha
    Kris....I have always wanted to go to Alaska! Gosh, I watch everything on TV because it is just so beautiful there!!! If DH could ever get me out the house and on a plane, we hope to one day travel there to see the Northern Lights and grab some great shots of the scenery :-) My MIL fand FIL took a cruise there a few years back and just loved it. Say hi to the bears for me!!!
  • Laura4boysLaura4boys Member Posts: 24
    Just waving to Sheri!!! ;)
  • alice.bralice.br Member Posts: 23
    Hi

I'm 40 years old, no kids or pets, and I'm from Brazil. I was born in the South of Brazil (Curitiba) but moved to the Northeast (Recife) in 2008 because of my fiancé of 10 years (well, we had been engaged for 2 1/2 years when I moved here, but we'd been in long-distance relationship since 1998). I like to say I'm having a "test drive", since we didn't get married but are living together.

I got my E last year when I went to the US to visit my brother (he lives in Cincinnati), but I only bought it after I made sure I could really use an "external" software to cut whatever I wanted. So I bought SCAL as soon as I returned and a few weeks later MTC was released! I have both now but I find MTC easier to use.

I'm a member of a Brazilian forum (creativescrappers.com.br) that has a "Cricut Club" and we are all learning together how to use it to the fullest.

This forum is on my favorit list and I open it every morning before going to work.

BTW, my name is Maria Alice, but I don't like when people call me just "Maria". I prefer to be called Alice or Maria Alice
  • cmargmcmargm Member Posts: 658
    Hello Soup Gran!! Just to let you know that I had some relatives who lived in Bishopbriggs. Not sure if they are still there or not. My daughter moved to Aberdeen a couple of years ago and now is in London. My husband and I love Scotland and have been there to visit several times.
    Marg
  • lindashlindash Member Posts: 204
    Hello everyone from Ellensburg,WA

I have been married to my DH 46 years! We met when I was 16 and I knew he was to be mine. We have 2 boys and 4 grandkids and we are proud of all of them. My whole family has been into crafts of some kind longer then I can remember. Yarn crafting and sewing in my Mom's time and I do all of that but now my focus is on MTC and die cutting. I had Spellbinders wizard but with my poor health I could not operate it so I got CE and with MTC I am having a ball. I mostly make cards with 3D flowers and frames so MTC was just what the doctor ordered.

Linda
  • bexda47bexda47 Member Posts: 40
    whaddacutup - A woman at the non-profit where I work is into archery as well. She went to the nationals in Louisville (we don't live very far from there) and placed 1st in her division. She loves it. Congrats to your DD. I wish her well in the next competition. =)
  • paupau04paupau04 Member Posts: 4,902
    Finally, I post. I am Paula, aka PauPau and Pawla.

No kids - no man - I am ok with that.
    I just got my E about 1 year ago, I watch the infomercial about a year before getting it, didn't do the research and was surprised to find myself limited by carts. I was going to get rid of my E until I found SCAL. Then watched QVC and saw the Silhouette. got it and love it, then that Linda had to show me what see could do with fondant, thus the C. I am celebrating the 21st anniversary of my 21st b-day.

I was a kitchen/bath designer but illness stopped me from doing this. Now I work from home on a very small scale. I do event programs/favors and small run individualized things. I also sell homemade dog treats, its fun, it helps me support my dogzzzzzzzz and the dogzzzzzzzz don't complain about my cooking.

Stackyscraps---can you see me? we are so very close. We just finished the Parkland Green Market. I'll be in at the Margate market 4/25 and 5/2. If you're in the area stop by.

I consider myself to be really good at glass blocks. I have to confess that I still do not own MTC, I am trying to control myself until I get my office/bedroom/scraproom/kennel reset. This is the reward.
    I really like the ease and features of MTC.
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!! http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
  • lojay7lojay7 Member Posts: 206
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Lori, I'm 42 yo. I live in Polk Ohio. I am on my second marriage to a wonderful man! Between us we have 5 children. I have three daughters, 17, 16, and 13. and I have two stepsons 9 and 11. They keep us busy. My daughters are all in volleyball, basketball, softball, and track. So I have plenty of scrapbooks to keep me busy. I am currently working on a basketball book for my daughters graduation. I have a volleyball and a Meg through the years book already done. I still have a softball, track and a general high school book yet to do before May 30th. So I could really use some incouragement. LOL

I have been scrapbooking on and off since 03 and have really gotten into it this past year. I love to make cards and different projects. I am fairly new to MTC and I still have a ton to learn.

Thank you to everyone here. You are all very helpful and nice.

Lori
    Lori
    Still loving this...let's keep it going. ;-D
  • Kris_in_AlaskaKris_in_Alaska Member Posts: 244
    edited April 2010
    If any of you ever visits ALASKA please don't hesitate to contact me so we can find out if you'll be anywhere near me to meet each other! Understand Alaska is BIG so there's a very good chance you'll be 900 miles away from me and still be in Alaska but if you take a cruise you are more likely to see me! Please let me know and I'll fill you in on places to go and things to see!
    Lindsay... I'm sorry you're facing winter in NZ but am soooooo glad Spring it is here in AK! Do you get snowy winters there?? Rainy?? Windy??
    Cardmaker... I don't WANT to say "hi" to the bears! lol They aren't usually very nice when them come out of hibernation cuz they are HUNGRY!! In fact, they are always hungry, as my plum and cherry trees attest too by the damage they do. Sometimes my husband has to standby with shotgun while I garden if we hear one in the woods. Just a precaution and the sound scares them away... for a time!
    I'm lovin' this too Jeanette! So fun to see where everyone's from and what they do!
  • linsayscrapslinsayscraps Member Posts: 398
    Hi Kris We get lots of snow on the ranges behind us and very cold winds, grey days and rain.. Good excuse to stay inside by the fire and play with my cricut and MTC!!!! Love this thread.
    Linsay from New Zealand - Just Loving my Zing
  • Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Member Posts: 559
    edited April 2010
    <waving back at Laura, Carole and Lisa>
    Thanks! Sheri Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00. (The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    Kris - DH and I did an Alaskan cruise (Princess - Inside Passage) in June/July of 2009 and we just adored it.
    Where is NEW HAMPSHIRE SCRAPPERS?

I FEEL SO ALONE...wah wah wah
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!