We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Where are you from? Tell us about yourself

Comments

• CarrieCarrie Member Posts: 1,169
    edited April 2010
    **Family Part**
    Husband for 25 yrs, 3 daughters, 21,17 & 14 yrs old.
    **Pet Part**
    a dog, well a shedding dog, that time of yr LOL, 2 cats, one old and meows a lot for food, or go outside, that meowwwwwww sounds just like nagging at you, other cat so cute, white boots and mittens on the paws, mostly black everywhere else, she fetches, but the dog doesn't, I don't get it, LOL
    ** Me Part**
    Many hobbies, painting and card making my favorite. Things I like, the outdoors, candles, collect frogs, decorate cakes, warm weather, at least 70 degrees, Ebay and cookies. Things I hate, liver, snow, people that don't use there blinker when driving, sniffing of the nose, and riding the back seat of a car, I get barfy, up chuck, you get it, LOL etc...
    Done, try to make it short, in case getting bored reading this. Forgot to add I am from Minnesota.
    Post edited by Carrie on
    image+++MTC fan since December 2009+++~~~Own a Silhouette Cameo~~~ ****MTC is the best PROGRAM Ever!!!**** 1-22-14 Bought PCS! ****A fan of Andy the Amazing Designer, and Ann helping him to get started****
  • CarrieCarrie Member Posts: 1,169
    I read in this post about fabric cutting good timing!! I watched the YouTube video,Thanks DIY-Diva!! Should make another post to Tips and Tricks category, about the fabric cutting. Any kind of double fusible webbing? maybe the one that is not so thick or whatever you call it.
    image+++MTC fan since December 2009+++~~~Own a Silhouette Cameo~~~ ****MTC is the best PROGRAM Ever!!!**** 1-22-14 Bought PCS! ****A fan of Andy the Amazing Designer, and Ann helping him to get started****
  • nanajoynanajoy Member Posts: 828
    Hi all, I am from Columbia MO. Middle of the state. Retired with 7 grandkids between my SO and I. Just started cardmaking and loving it. I had done machine embroidery for many years, but got burned out, wanted to try something else. No dogs or cats, have to many allergies. Travel quite a bit and take my cricut or at least my computer to design while travelling in our motor home. Thanks to everyone on the forum for all your help.
    Joy S. Columbia, MO
  • Lindacrew4_ID713Lindacrew4_ID713 Member Posts: 4,537
    Glad to see we are getting to know each other.So far not anyone here in New Hampshire except me....
  • ladychampladychamp Member Posts: 33
    Just finished reading about everyone on the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm more of a lurker but this group of talented people are so helpful and friendly. My husband, of 56 years, and I live in North Port, FL. (on the southwest coast just north of Ft. Myers.) Was in hopes I'd read about someone in this area. We have 4 children, 4 grandchildren, 2 dogs and 2 cats. We were a proud Marine Corps family for 27+ years so have lived all over. I've always been involved in some kind of crafts, stitching etc but I do love my Cricut and MTC. I enjoy making cards and paper flowers are my new favorite thing. They are just so pretty. I look forward to reading about the rest of you and getting to know you better. Hugs Carolyn
  • CherylCCherylC Member Posts: 1,097
    pcpaws,

If I'm not mistaken the webbing suggested is heat-n-bond fusible
    image If you purchase Graphics Factory Membership please consider using my Affiliate Link. Thanks♪♥CherylC♥♪ - Gallery ID: 2836 Taylor Made Originals Shop | Crafting Blog | TMO FB Page | Baking Blog | Follow Me on Pinterest
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    KimATC - I used to work in Philly! LONG commute by train. But that's where I learned a lot about computer graphics.
  • KimATCKimATC Member Posts: 785
    waterrabbit - where in Philly???? I used to live a block from the Franklin Institute and Logan Circle, which is SUCH a beautiful neighborhood. And yes, that would be a LONG commute. Good old Amtrak Northeast Corridor! LOL
    I worked in Center City - 18th and Market - took the SEPTA from Wilmington (Newark and the station by the racetrack - practically on top of my house - weren't around yet) Would leave the house before 6 AM and get home around 7 PM - if I didn't end up working late! One time, the VP of sales had to drive me home since he's the one who kept us all there until after the trains stopped running! I loved working in Philly - being able to run out at lunch and shop - but hated that commute.
  • KATHYANNKATHYANN Member Posts: 1,428
    awesome read! lots of peeps from MO! I am about 10 minutes away from 6 flags anyone close????
    Kathy - Katiedoodlesgran
  • daffeydildaffeydil Member Posts: 3,007
    I am Sharon and am from northern Indiana, close to Ft. Wayne. Forgive me if I written about myself here in another post. I thought I had but couldn't find it so here goes.....
    My husband and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary next month (2nd marriage for both of us). Simply cannot figure our how he has put up with me and my craft addiction for all these years.
    We have 4 children (3 are mine from my previous marriage) 2 boys and 2 girls. Now we have 4 granddaughters and 1 grandson. All of them live fairly close to us and I am so grateful for that. I lived a long ways from my mom and dad and I missed them so much.
    I do all kinds of crafts and have so much "stuff" that I'm running out of room for it. I retired 5 years ago and shortly before I retired I had a craft building built and its full! I do woodworking, machine and hand knitting, machine embroidery, soap and candle making, jewelry making, decorative painting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, and the list goes on and on.
    I never was interested in scrapbooking but thought the Cricut Expression was so neat. I bought one 2 years ago and didn't like it. A few months ago I found out about SCAL and how you can it with machine embroidery then I heard about MTC. I purchased both programs and love MTC! I have gotten a friend interested in card making and now she and I get together in my craft building (I forgot to mention that my family calls my building "mom's playhouse")once a week to make cards. I'm still not into scrapbooking but have become obsessed with card-making and paper crafts. I spend an enormous amount of time online learning about this fascinating hobby. Have yet to use it for my embroidery!
    If it hadn't been for MTC that company in Utah would never have gotten any more of my money because I was not impressed at all with their Expression .
    By the way, I'm 66 years old and by my calculations I will have to live to be 201 to use all my crafting supplies, if I don't buy any more!
    Sharon
  • PepacatPepacat Member Posts: 21
    Hi. Just adding myself to the list. My name is Elaine, I have three grown sons, all very independent now with partners, but no sign of any grandchildren. I live in the North Island of New Zealand . I trained as an Occupational Therapist but have been a SAHM for the past decade or so. I have always been a crafter and have tried most crafts at some time or another.
    I purchased a cricut just over 12 months ago to help me scrapbook my children's lives. Did not use it much until I chanced upon MTC in December. I love this programme and this forum. I do not post very often but have been here since the beginning. This is so awesome and I look forward to all the learning experiences to come.
    40 people and counting...........Feels like we have all been friends a long time, doesn't it?
  • MichelleMyBelleMichelleMyBelle Member Posts: 4,632
    edited November 2010
    Michelle from Pa. Married 29 years and have 2 boys one who is 28 (got married this last sept.) and one who just turned 10, he has Down Syndrome. I know what you all are thinking, LOL Yikes what a separation in years. But the second was not planned, had a very difficult delivery and swore to never get pregnant again. I also have a cat, another male I'm the only female in the house. We recently had to put our other cat to sleep, very difficult thing to do. He was my buddy!!

As far as crafting I crochet, knit occasionally and needlepoint. Have had computers for a long time since the first Commodore. Does anyone remember them? Love photography and gardening. I enjoy taking photos of my flowers, hummers and nature. Enjoy hiking also. Years ago I started making stationary for Outlook and took some classes online to create web pages. That lead to using graphic programs, Photo Impact first, then PSP and now Photoshop. Then that lead to digital scrapbooking but I missed using supplies and now I'm back to card making and paper crafts again. I'm a new Cricut E user, at first I did not want to purchase one because of the cost of the cart. So glad I found MTC

A little brief history about me, now off to read more about everyone.
    Post edited by MichelleMyBelle on
    Michelle -

Where in PA?
  • scrappinwithzscrappinwithz Member Posts: 2,717
    Ok my turn. I'm also in Missouri. KathyAnn if you know where Cape Girardeau is I'm an hour south of there, so not to far from you. I'm 46 years old, been married to my DH Greg for 27 years this coming November. We have 4 boys, 23, 22, 8 and 8 and no they are not twins..lol. The two 8 year olds are adopted and are bio brothers, one of them just turned 8 on March 17 and the other one won't be 9 until April 28. My oldest son is married, but no children and the 22 year old just got out of the Navy where he served on the USS Bainbridge last year when they rescued Captain Phillips from the pirates. The youngest son is Autistic, so it is alway hectic around here.

I have always been in love with anything crafty and use to own a assignment craft shop and did about 9 shows a year. I also tole painted for my own store. Start collecting scrapbooking things about 10 years ago and then when we were trying to adopt the boys really started scrapping and like they say the rest is history.

Sounds like Missouri might be leading with the amount of MTCers here. We Missourians sure know a good thing when we see it!!!

Z
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
    My blog: http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com Zenita S.--Dexter, MO-- Cougar!!! affiliate for MTC affiliate for Lettering Delights
  • MichelleMyBelleMichelleMyBelle Member Posts: 4,632
    KimATC -- I live in Scranton - Wilkes-Barre area
    Oh, that's about an hour from me. Closer than everyone in the Midwest though - so in the Northeast so far it's the two of us and waterrabbit!
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    Anyone else fom Indiana besides Sharon (sshear)?

I am Nelda, currently in Indianpolis, originally from Ohio, have been artsy-farsty all my life, wander in-n-out of different crafts. Like them all usually. I like to scrapbook but amnot too creatie. I do like digital layouts with PSE. I'm doing more cards lately. I collect stuff to do crafts mostly (sounds like a common ailment/addiction here).

Single, no currents pets, no kids but I can adopt my girlfirend's kids if I need one or two to spoil. Will spoil yours as well. Work as a Certified Nurse Midwife and nurse - working in OB is the best job ever!
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
    Kim and Michelle - Beanie and Scottie are also in the Northeast! Beanie's in MD and Scottie's in PA.
  • NPNGNPNG Member Posts: 15
    Hi everyone! My name is Penny. This is my very first post on this message board - I have been reading all of your posts though! I got my E a year and a half ago, but haven't used it much - yet! My daughter had wanted a C for Christmas and my DH thought it would be something I might like. He was right! I am so excited about MTC! I had DS, but I found it mostly frustrating.
    I am married to my best friend. He loves his sports and I love my crafts! We get along great! We have 3 children - 2 girls (26 and 17) and 1 boy ( 22). My oldest daughter and her husband live in Minn., but are moving about an hour away from us in June!!!! I live and teach kindergarten in NW Iowa.
  • ConiCutsConiCuts Member Posts: 1,673
    edited January 2011
    Hi everybody,
    My name is Connie aka ConiCuts. I live in Charlotte, NC with my husband of 32 years as of last week! April 8th.
    I have a home salon and work 2 days a week still cutting hair. So I've had the nickname ConiCuts since high school. However it's also perfect since I cut with MTC now! I also love to knit and crochet and always have some project in the works. In fact I just finished a surprise gift for Jennifer and Sean! I crocheted them in yarn! I just had it framed and here you can see how big it is. My husband is manager at our local Michaels so he had it framed and they did a fantastic job!
    Our daughter Jennifer is 28 and is getting married July 9th. I actually designed and cut all of her invitations and place cards! With MTC!
    You can see those here:
    http://make-the-cut.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1026&page=1#Item_38
    She lives in St. Petersburg, Florida and will live in Orlando once she is married as Sean already has a home there. Our son Justin just moved to Brooklyn, NY 5 months ago. He works for Thomson/Reuters in Manhattan and loves his job. He recently started dating and is twitterpated. (in love) LOL
    We still have 3 babies at home...our 3 toy poodles. Sadie, Zoe and Hayley.
    I've enjoyed reading about everyone here and love this forum. Everyone is so nice and ready to lend a helping hand. What a great group to be a part of!
    Post edited by ConiCuts on
    Sorry, waterrabbit, I totally missed that they were in our region!! Most that I've seen are from the Midwest region so far!
    Coni you are so lucky to have a husband work for michaels, DISCOUNTS GALORE!!!!!
  • mtcfanmtcfan Member Posts: 70
    Hi Everyone! My name is Chris and I'm from the smallest state in America. I've been married for 15 years (this Sept) to my husband and we have an 11 year old daughter. We also have two yorkie daughters and a cockatiel thats going to turn 21 in a few weeks.

My mom introduced me to rubber stamping about 15 years ago and that was the beginning of a wonderful friendship. I made cards for years but was never really happy with the two dimensional aspect of them, was also a terrible at coloring with markers or pencils so that was probably why. I started cutting out a flowered stamp image and gluing it on my card, pretty sure I was using pop dots and I started liking stamps with images that I could cut out. Pretty soon my obsession with paper started. Bazzill, Basic Grey, DCWV are my faves. I took a break from stamping for a couple of years and started using just paper to make pictures. Everyone kept saying "they are nice.. what are you going to do with them". Bah humbug! So now I create more that 50% of the time just for my own enjoyment... so I hoard my own artwork as well as paper lol.

Then my enabling mom got a baby bug and I was like - not interested don't tell me.... then she said they came out with DS, it was sounding beter... then they came out with the big E. I was sold. Did my first scrapbook page ever last October. I decided to only do "scrap art" ie... scrap pages that I can put in shadow boxes because I will never ever catch up with all the pictures both digital and film that I have. Did I mention I have 2000 digital pics of DD alone?

I'm still incredibly upset at this lawsuit, as someone that has been frustrated with the limitations of DS I was so excited about MTC I bought it right away, even after (IMO) wasting my money on the competitions product which always crashed on me. I'm a very visual designer and I rely on the software I use to be reliable. When I design on the mat I might hold my left mouse button and resize my image back and forth until I figure out what size I really want. Try doing that in version one of the competition... let me tell you... crash city. When I had to pay for an upgrade? As Tony Soprano would say fuggedaboudit.

I'm really excited about the generousity of the members on this board with their designs. There is something so much more positive about members here. "Here I created this I'm excited and I want to share my file with you" versus, "here is a picture of what I've done if you want the details go to my blog." Please don't think I'm bashing blogs I'm not! I hope that our masterpiece and challenge sections continue to grow and that we can share more of our creations, and I hope to one day be able to design original MTC files to share with everyone to repay the kindness here. I would post some of my artwork but I've not done anything that's 100% MTC with my cricut and I wouldn't want any spies to assume that I've done anything to circumvent copyright by posting my cartridge creations here. Just remember spying works both ways!

Very happy about this product and this MB. thats all... sorry for the book.
    Chris
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    This one is a very fun thread... I enjoy getting to know everyone better. ;-D
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • JensMomJensMom Member Posts: 1,151
    Hi, My name is Marni, I am located in Florida. Married to a great guy for 30 years. We have a daughter who is an aerialist, (Think Cirque Du Soliel) She scares the crap out of us watching her up in the air. but she is amazing and loves what she does. As for me, after a career as a musician/singer for more years than I can think, we are retired early and loving it. I still perform a little but now mainly teach other people to sing.

My hobbies are scrapbooking, sewing and photo restoration. I love this board and learn a lot. Great people here. I am also a new grandma!!!
  • bexda47bexda47 Member Posts: 40
    NJS -

I'm in southern IN, about an hour from Louisville, KY. And I'm originally from Ohio as well!
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    bexda - sounds like you are near Columbus maybe? I used to work at a Medical office in Edinburgh, saw a lot of clients who delivered at CRH.
    I had to travel once to Madison for a clinical site visit (I also teach at IUPUI) and that was quite the drive! I enjoyed the view but did not like the drive at all.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • Amy_ChomasAmy_Chomas Member Posts: 1,301
    edited April 2010
    I'm slow on getting in on this, but here I am lol!
    I am the Amy Chomas of Chomas Creations, the mini gel, mini Sharpie and now embossing kits you all keep reading about lol! I like to think of myself as the brains behind the operation and give my dh the brauns part hehe
    I have 4 kids, 16,12, 5,3, and they keep me super busy! I've been scrappin over 12 years now, I dabble in photography, and now i'm a WAHM, never thought I would hear myself say that hehe!
    I live in Michigan, near the tri-cities.
    I'm really liking it here, you are all a friendly bunch!!! Amy www.amychomas.com
    clickable for Amy
    http://amychomas.blogspot.com/
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • blingblingblingbling Member Posts: 38
    Hi...my name is Becky and I am an addict. To scrapbooking, that is. I started this hobby 6 years ago when my GD was born and I love it. I live in central Michigan and I recently retired from the prison system here. I am also a medical transcriptionist so I still work part-time from home, which gives me extra $$ for my addiction...I mean hobby. Anyway, I love MTC (I've had it since December) and I have learned a lot of great stuff and tips from this forum. I tend to be more of a lurker than a participant but I truly enjoy the comaradarie (sp?) here. The people here are so talented and so informative and willing to help one another. I started with the baby bug and then purchased the E but lately I've been thinking about getting a "different" cutter....? One thing for sure...it won't be the "cake." Thinking about the gazelle but will probably have to wait until my ship comes in....

P.S. Anyone going to the "Mega Meet" in Novi in May?
  • KATHYANNKATHYANN Member Posts: 1,428
    scrappinwithz, I know where Cape is. small world.....
    Kathy - Katiedoodlesgran
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Member Posts: 4,246
    I have really enjoyed reading about every one. It just makes this seem more like family here.
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member Posts: 41
    Hi,

I am mostly a lurker (unless I need help - and THANK YOU for all the help you all have given me:) My name is Heidi, I am a SAHM to my DS 7 and DD 6. I have been married for 10 years to a wonderful man and I LOVE to collect scrapbooking supplies. At least that is what DH tells me. I am mostly a card maker and love to do paper crafts i.e. purses, boxes, alterable items etc. I live about 20 minutes North of St. Paul, MN and have a yellow lab, 2 pygmy goats, cat, guinea pig, and corn snake. (The pig and snake are the kids pets.) I love to fish, read, cook, and of course scrapbook. DH bought MTC for me in Feb. I was playing with the trial version and I had our company logo up and was just playing around with it and he took one look at it and tossed his credit card on the table, I have been smitten with MTC since. I LOVE MTC and I just want to say that you all are so nice here. Thank you:)
  • judyx1343judyx1343 Member Posts: 683
    KathyAnn and scrappinwithz I live near farmington MO so not to far from Cape. About the same distance from Cape to the south and St. LOuis to the north. How odd to be on the same message board.
  • Reba1Reba1 Member Posts: 3,626
    HI,

Rebecca here, I use Reba1 on almost all my forums and groups. I am 54, married 32 years (wow, there seem to be a lot of us married 32 yrs) mother of two grown boys (28 & 25), both in the army. No grands yet (insert big ole poutie here). I currently live in Northern IL, 60 miles west of Chicago. I am originally from Toledo, OH and have lived in Chippewa Falls, WI and Portage, MI (Hi! Kbear222). I spent my summers visiting family in Mississippi up into my teens.

I am in my 32nd year as a school librarian, currently serving as a Director in an elementary school. I'm owned by several knitting machines, enough yarn to cloth all the kids in my school, a spinning wheel and lots of fiber in various stages of becoming yarn. My biggest obsession is cake decorating - I have pretty much taken over the lower level of our house with my "cake toys". Hopefully I can open a licensed business in my retirement. I bought the E thinking I would use it for my cakes. But I am having so much fun learning MTC and trying out little projects...I think I posted my "quilt block" picture the other day. My big sis bought an E and MTC just a couple weeks ago, after watching me in action. I now have plans for all sorts of applications at work.

I'm another one that bought MTC before I had the E! Several cake friends had SCAL and were touting it to me, when I went online to check it out, MTC came up in my searching, and the comments about how much easier it is to use convinced me to give it a trial. Boy am I glad I did!

SShear - my sis is in N IN also!
    MichelleMyBelle - we still have a VIC 20 and a Commodore 64 (working condition) at my Dad's house! LOL

I love reading about everyone.
    ...Rebecca - "Zen D Zing" user (N. ILLINOIS) Public Flickr album (MTC): http://tinyurl.com/33cgstz Public Flickr album (cakes): http://tinyurl.com/y8d8ztl
  • lucylogiclucylogic Member Posts: 104
    OK, my turn

Spouse: David and married 34yrs on 24th April
    Family: Son David, 3 grandchildren; Darren 18, Jamie (girl) coming up 14 in July and Lily who will be 3 in July

Have always had hobbies since very young, starting aged 4 with knitting with my grandma. Always painted, drawing, knitting, crochet, reading, baking, cake decoration, card crafting. Bought a Craft Robo 5 yrs ago then started teaching others how to use it. Spent 15 yrs teaching adults with special needs how to use computers and also crafting.

Wanted to buy a Cricut Expression, mainly for the cutting area as was sick of asking Graphtec to increase their cutting area for the Craft Robo. Looked at SCAL and CDS and downloaded demo's then found out about MTC. Tried all 3 and decided MTC was the best so bought it. I had no intention of buying cartridges but wanted the freedom of doing my own designs as I had with the Craft Robo, which is why I bought the CE with only 1 cartridge.

PC can go and suck lemons for all I care. Who the hell do they think they are telling us what we can or cannot do with the machine once we buy it. AND I DECIDE what programs to use on my computer, not them!!!

Just love this forum, a breath of fresh air. Thanks Andy, Ann and everyone here.
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    Hey I am Only ONE HOUR from Cape Girardeau if I go down the grape vine trail (ending up on Kingshighway) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have LOTS of family there so we still go back.

Kathy Ann, You are about 2.5 hours from me if you are that close to six flags.LOL
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Member Posts: 5,932
    Ok, my turn. My name is Ruth, born at Chanute Air Force Base in 1961. Currently live in Monticello IN. I have 3 kids, 30, 20 and 19 - two boys - oldest and youngest and daughter in the middle. I have a sweet dog and 4 cats AND a Great hubby of 22 years!(my second marriage his one and only LOL). I work FT aas an HR Manager, and went to College at the University of Illinois. NOT crafty or creeative - BUT want to be!! I bought my E off ebay the minute they came out - YEARS ago after buying a bug and tons of die cuts - but they were so small and didn't always work for me. Bought some cartridges but never really got around to doing much with my E -though the purpose was to start scrap books for each of my kids - I DID get the oldest's done for him and his wife aas a wedding present though. I used to embroider with my grandma and started quilting in my 30's.... not good at finishing - but like lots of you good at 'collecting' the tools of the trade. LOL. Last year finally used my cricut some to do gift bags for my son's baseball team as well as spirit walls for the high school commons area. Heard aboput SCAL and really wanted that freedom to NOT have to buy fonts - that was my main focus at the time. Then SCAL 2 came out and I almost jumped - finally heard about MTC and it seemed to do SO MUCH MORE than DS (Which I had also bought - and HATED! - I too thought I could cut all the carts from DS at first)... didn't test anything when the price was right I bought MTC was immediately lost and frustrated. Got mad at myself for buying because I could not get the hang of it, and I am tech savvy so was bummed - about 3 weeks after I bought the 2.2.0 update came out and things started clicking for me... then Christy, Klee and Stacy helped out on my Kish Kougar window vinyl design and THEN came the WEBINAR! MAGIC!! Now I am zooming and loving it!! The PEOPLE here are awesome and welcoming and SMART and TALENTED too!! I don't have lots of time to craft because I am a baseball mom and this is my busy seasson - watching games, traveling to games, etc... but hope to fly with all this more and more as time goes on. Interested now in possibly cutting fabric and getting back to 'finishing' my kids' tshirt quilts and stuff too!!
    Thanks guys!
    LucyLogic gave me an idea by posting her birth month. What do you think of getting together a list of birthdays for everyone so we can wish our small-ish group a happy happy on their day? Too stupid/stalkerish?? It makes me think of a request recently on the other MB for cards to be sent to a young lady whom gets very down on her bday because of loneliness, etc. So, maybe we can make someone's day right here, amongst "friends"??
  • LaurindaLaurinda Member Posts: 85
    Connie that crocheted picture is amazing. I also crochet, but have never seen anything like this. I will also be turning 53 the day of your daughter's wedding.

I'm not seeing any KS folks on here besides me. :( So lonely....if you're out there give us a shout.
  • kbear222kbear222 Member Posts: 180
    lucylogic - I also have a grand daughter lily she is 4 1/2 named after my mom from england (war bride) she is actually lilyann

glad to see so many michigan girls! amy where exactly are you?
    Cant believe no one from my state of New Hampshire.SO LONELY!!!
    Yes I am glad I started this thread. Hope to see this grow.
    Please keep at the top so it doesnt get buried........
  • sjh9902sjh9902 Member Posts: 340
    edited April 2010
    My name is Shawna. I live in east central Iowa (cedar rapids area). I have lived here for 11 years now but grew up in the central valley of California near Fresno.I am 30 and have 2 beautiful children. Jordan-8 in May and Jacob-11.I have been married for 11.5 mostly wonderful (LOL) years. I am a domestic goddess/SAHM :) but I do sub as a para/aid at my childrens school when they need me. I never thought that I was crafty until a couple years ago when my hubby and I took our kids to disneyland. I had all these wonderful photos that I didnt know what to do with. So I reluctantly bought a cheap scrapbook kit at walmart and fell in love with this hobby!It has been downhill ever since! haha I only wish i had more time for it. Seems like something always comes up and I never get to scrap.I also love photography and am planning to take some photography classes soon. Another expensive hobby that has been fed by the scrapbook addiction! :)
  • a1jomamaa1jomama Member Posts: 92
    I am originally from Florida (spent many early years in Calif & Ariz) but transplanted to just outside of Knoxville, TN. I am 42, was widowed from the best man in the world almost 15 years ago, and have his gorgeous son who is now almost 17. I have always been a crafter and started sewing regularly at 18. I sewed every day for 10 years, even working and having a baby..it was my passion. The day my hubby died, I stopped sewing. I have begun crafting slowly again over the years...and started sewing again about 5 years ago, but not every day, just household items and alterations really. My friend turned me on to scrapbooking about 5 years ago and I did a few pages, got motivated when I got the Cricut, but fizzled out after a while. Now I am finally getting hot and heavy with the scrapbooking again. Reason being... MTC really inspired me to utilize the Cricut a whole lot more! It was so much work to try to figure out how to cut what fro the cartridges..MTC is WAY easier. Here I have found another passion!
  • cmargmcmargm Member Posts: 658
    My name is Marg and I don't post very often but I do come here everyday. I am from Alberta, Canada. I retired a couple of years ago but am continuing to work as there is a shortage of employees. I have two adult children, no grandkids, and sad to say we just had to put the last of our fur-babies to sleep this past weekend. I started as a rubber stamper and have meandered into various other forms of artistic endeavours (at least I am hoping they are artistic :<)). I Don't scrapbook though but mainly make cards.
    Happy Bump! bumpity bump...

Keep sharing, I love getting to know all of you!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!