We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

030"x24"x47" Mats for Zing or any cutter

SimmerSimmer Member Posts: 484
edited March 2012 in Shares
Hi,

I recently found a place about 45miles away that carries these mats. If anyone wants some, I can buy them, have them cut, and pack and ship them for you. I would like to get enough people to buy them to make the trip. Each mat will be 10.00 and one shipping fee of 5.00. I cut one into three 24" mats for the Zing. I also cut the other one 15x 47. You will need to make them sticky yourself. I can only get one cut per sheet free so if you buy two I would get that one cut lengthwise. If you want more cuts they cost 1.00 per cut. I had no trouble cutting them with large good scissors. I will be shipping these priority 2-3 mail using USPS tubes. After I get enough mats ordered I will go ahead and send you a paypal request for the number of mats and the shipping. I am charging a bit more than they cost me to buy but I will need to do a bit of driving back and forth and packing to the post office. Just reply with the number of mats you want and your paypal email address. These will be Matte as it holds the stickiness the best.
Shereen

Comments

• paupau04paupau04 Member Posts: 4,902
    I am interested but don't want it cut.
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!! http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
  • hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,807
    Ditto, I am interested, but I do not want mine cut, either. I'm a bit confused by the dimensions, though. Are they just shy of a 1/3rd of an inch thick? That can't be right.
    Lynne
    Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly
    In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Member Posts: 2,919
    edited March 2012
    Paupau - here's a place you can get them in whole sheets 30" x 48". I have bought from them in the past (but the smaller size for report covers). Not sure how much shipping would be to you. I did a test order and shipping for 6 sheets was $14 to RI. They are based in Canada, but ship from the US for US customers.

I was thinking of getting some thinner ones for the Cameo, but not sure which thickness they would be .20mil or 30 mil.

They are under the category of transparent covers - frosty 30 mil

https://mc2office.com/Catalogue_FR/mnbc_DetailProduit.asp?idproduct=1974

Edited to add, here's an older discussion of the same mats and info on the different thicknesses. Someone from this forum tested the 20 mil and 30 mil. He said the 30 mil worked great in the Cougar, the 20 mil were more like the Cricut mats.
    http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/14001/rotary-mat-wcougar

• paupau04paupau04 Member Posts: 4,902
    Thanks for the info. I checked the site, shipping and sheets were a good price
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!! http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
  • lafreilafrei Member Posts: 206
    I'm interested
    Lou Ann in Nebraska ~ Got ZING my style!  + Brother Scan-N-Cut, + Silhouette SD, and Bug-E until it dies.
    http://mycreativecutter.blogspot.com/
    http://lafrei.com
    @susan_ID2293 Your posts are always very helpful to me! Thanks! Since we live in neighboring states less than 3 hours apart, I'm sure your postage costs are a good estimate for me, too.

@Simmer Thanks so much for the offer, but if I want them uncut, it's probably easier all around to go the other route.

Lynne
  • SimmerSimmer Member Posts: 484
    edited March 2012
    They are .03 inch thick and fit under the zing very well . They also fit under my silhouette . In one weeks time I will verify who wants them. If you want them uncut, NO problem. If you do want them cut they will be cut at the store professionally.

I just checked that link above and 1 mat is 8.75 with 11.00 shipping. I'm getting them for about the same but am paying for gas and a cutting fee- and my time.
    @simmer I didn't mean to offer the site as a price comparison for the ones you are getting, but rather an option for a larger quantity of whole mats with shipping, and to show that these do work well as cutting mats. I was thinking the USPS rate for shipping multiple whole mats could be higher than the $5.

Yours is clearly a better deal for anyone who wants a single mat , or a few mats or who wants a mat cut for them.
  • KATHYANNKATHYANN Member Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2012
    if these work in the black cat I would be interested but I wouldnt want it cut either.

I am sorry I will have to back out I will not be home for some time. My mom has lung cancer and is not doing well. I am going to AZ to b with her I am not sure how long I will be gone or if I will even have the time to check back here so I will have to back out. maybe I can catch one when I return.
    Post edited by KATHYANN on
    Kathy - Katiedoodlesgran
    I need at least 10 people so If not enough people are interested, i'm sorry. i was only trying to help you all!
  • tinybitoftinybitof Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2012
    i would be interested if it's not to late. i'm just a little confused on the measurements. i thought the biggest mat the zing could use is 15 inches
  • nomemnomem Member Posts: 3,106
    Is 47" the longest length?
  • ImaCutterImaCutter Member Posts: 3,232
    I have a few questions. The site Susan listed had a 20mil mat that was 30 x 58. Is that size available? Is your place different? I would be interested in having it cut so there are two 15 x 58 mats. I have 12 rolls of vinyl and this would be a great option to longer vinyl lengths. How much would this be? I would probably just order both of the sheets.

On a side note the opening to the Zing is 17" so the mats can be up to that wide but must be at least 13 to hold under the rollers.

Thx!

http://imacuttercrafts.blogspot.com/ A BUCKEYE living in Florida **Proud owner of "Zinga" Follow Me on Pinterest
    Hi, to get free cuts I needed at least 20 people who wanted cuts. That would bring the cutting charge down to 8.00 total. So far, there are only 3 people who wanted theirs cut. It's very very easy to cut it yourself. I did. These fit the zing and silhouette machines, and the circuit. I have tried them on all of them. If you want mats and haven't already sent me a message with yourpaypal email, please do. Sandy recommended these mats to me
    Thanks!!
    Shereen

I will give a few extra days and then take the order
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    I need at least 10 people so If not enough people are interested, i'm sorry. i was only trying to help you all!
    How many do you have already (uncut)? If you need one to get you over the quota, I can order one.

I am a little confused on your pricing, is it $15 for one uncut mat and $25 for two?

In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
    Hi, to get free cuts I needed at least 20 people who wanted cuts. That would bring the cutting charge down to 8.00 total. So far, there are only 3 people who wanted theirs cut. It's very very easy to cut it yourself. I did. These fit the zing and silhouette machines, and the circuit. I have tried them on all of them. If you want mats and haven't already sent me a message with yourpaypal email, please do. Sandy recommended these mats to me
    Thanks!!
    Shereen

I will give a few extra days and then take the order
    Can you get the 2 mil 30 x 58 in long mats? How much with shipping then if I have to cut it myself?

http://imacuttercrafts.blogspot.com/ A BUCKEYE living in Florida **Proud owner of "Zinga" Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited March 2012
    I spoke with them but since they only are a distributor they only carry 24"x47" - I had hoped they might be able to carry them just a tad wider so we could get two long mats out of one sheet. Sorry!

Nelda. the mats are 10.00 each- one shipping price of 5.00 I hope - I will only charge actual shipping. I can put bands around them and wrap and ship them - I will be going to the Post office to verify the price. I dont know how much those triangle shipping boxes cost- does anyone?

10.00 per mat - uncut or with 1 cut if I get enough people - I need 7 more although they are VERY easy to cut- just get a ruler and mark and cut
  • meenameena Member Posts: 430
    I am interested in getting an uncut mat .
    Thanks
    meena
    I guess I will just order my own since I want the 58 in length. $17 for two 15 x 58 mats is still a great price. This will allow me to use all my that 12in roll vinyl more easily for longer projects.

I did read the discussion on this and Dawn from BlackCat Cougar advised against a 30mil mat. It might be too thick and more weight for the machine to move through. Just something to consider. Thanks for this great thread.
    edited March 2012
    These are 30 mil... which is .03 of an inch. :).

this was edited... sorry
    Post edited by Simmer on
    ok - I just did a conversion via google and I am finding that .03 inches is equal to 30 mil. Am I looking at the right measurement?
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,293
    Yes, 30 mils is equal to 0.03 inches.

For a comparison, I measured the mat that came with my Zing, and it is approximately 18.5 mils (0.0185 inches) (this is using a cheap digital caliper, so this is in no way the official specification for the mat). I also measured an old cricut mat and it was approximately 19 - 20 mils (curled edges made it a little more difficult to measure). The dollar tree vegetable cutting mats that people have used as substitute mats are also about 18.5 mils.
    Thanks Bryan for clarifying. Based upon your measurements, I think I will stick with anything 20 mils or less. That is probably close enough to the original. I was thinking of these to have a longer than 24" mat for vinyl I have that is only 11" wide. (I had gotten a very good price on it - I realize now that it was probably so cheap because it was only 11" wide, not 12 or 15..

I realize I will need some sort of support system for a longer mat, but books should work for occasional use. I can take over the 6 foot bar in the family room when I need to do this.
    OK, I was only trying to help people. NOT make money - Sandy is the one who pointed out the mats to me and I'm glad she did. I really like them - this share would have cost me hours of my time and gas

I'll close it - although these mats work perfectly for me

The triangle boxes themselves (separate from shipping) at the USPS are FREE, but can only be used for Priority or Express mail.

Thank you for trying, Simmer. Appreciated!
    Lynne
    I use Priority boxes every week to ship my art across the world. I just never used those type boxes. i think they go by weight.
    Yes, they do. They aren't flat rate.

Simmer, do you know about the Regional PM boxes? They MUST be ordered (cannot get at any PO) but they are often cheaper and/or bigger to ship in. It depends on distance. Sometimes they can be costly, but I find they're often half price from a flat rate box. They also have lower weight limits. (Varies by size, unlike ordinary flat rate boxes). They come in A, B and C sizes.
    Lynne
    No, I didnt know about them- does the post office ship them? WHere can i order them? I Use wood crates from my larger work and found out UPS is cheaper than usps . The crate im shipping this week is 70 pounds and 68x20 - only 89.00
    I found them! I ordered all three sizes - Thanks so much!
    edited March 2012
    @Simmer, I think you'l find Fed Ex is cheaper still than UPS 90% of the time. I find that to be true even though I get a UPS discount via eBay and I don't ship enough volume to get one through Fed Ex on my own. (I ship 70 lb knitting machines regularly that are roughly 52 x 15 x 15 plus motors which are at least 6 feet long). Plus, I have found them easier to deal with. You can drop off at any Kinkos and sometimes other locations, too.

That said, I've had the same UPS driver for 32 years and I ADORE him.

Lynne
    Thank you- I just shipped a 70 crate by UPS and it was 89.00. USPS said they would not ship it! 70x 22x5 - It was a large transom window for a Rear Admiral (Navy wings)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!