We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Plug In for GCC Expert 24

kcargilekcargile Member Posts: 23
edited November 2011 in Wishlist!
Ok I have been waiting and waiting for a plug in for my machine. Now I am at my wits end. My computer has crashed I used AI, which I had gotten from a job I no longer work at and now I cannot afford it. So in order for me to keep using MTC, which is all I want to use, I need a plug in for my machine. Is there something I can use already on here, am i missing something? I have emailed support about 5 times requesting this plug in to no avail. I know, I know, they are busy people, but I notice there is a plug in for a machine that hasn't even shipped out. Please someone help, I can do NOTHING until I get this!!

Comments

• digicrafterdigicrafter Member Posts: 569
    the machines that you are referring to hae shipped. and they have been Andy's to priority to get the plug in right for them I have a question does your cutter have a printer driver? if so can you see it as one of the printers in MTC not the Cut cut window. if so the you can send it to the prrint mode and cut. now I am not sure but it is worth the try.
  • cajuncajun Member Posts: 375
    Hoola from my understanding andy has to have one of the cutters in order to write the driver. I have a gcc expert 24 and what I like doing is designing in make the cut,then save my design and open it in corel draw and send it to great cut from within corel by installing the macro. It works out great for me. Others have called tech support for the expert 24 and tech support has set it up for them to cut with make the cut. I dont expect to have a driver for the expert 24 since andy does not have one.
  • kcargilekcargile Member Posts: 23
    Cajun,
    I was doing just that with Illustrator but, alas my computer crashed I had the software from a job I am no longer at and am not going to pay 1200 for the software. Thanks guys!!
  • paupau04paupau04 Member Posts: 4,902
    The expert 24 uses the same driver a the Bengal and cut 3000. There is no plug in available at this time, in order to cut you have to use it under the "file" menu and select it as a printer. Outside of make the cut, you have to make sure the VLCD (I may not have those letters in the correct order) setting are correct. If that setting isn't correct its not going to cut for you period. I don't have mine set on this computer, to give you the complete ifo, but hopefully you'll find this somewhat helpful
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!! http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
    paupa. i tried to cut with the print feature but it didn't work. i will go back and try it again. i can't justify buying illustrator just for this which is all i use it for!!
  • paupau04paupau04 Member Posts: 4,902
    Re-read my post, and I see I didn't say you needed to have wire frame selected. I will pull mine out tomorrow. reinstall it and check the steps
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!! http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
    hoolabaloo have you tried using inkscape in the mean time. I cant remember if inkscape can export as dxf or not you would have to check into it. If it does great cut imports dxf files.
    paupau, i made some adjustments, didnt think it was going to work AND IT DID. Thanks so much for your help, saved me bookoos of money!!!
    Can you share the settings you used so others with the expert 24 can try?
  • CherylCCherylC Member Posts: 1,097
    Ditto Cajun's request Hoolabaloo. I have the Cut 3000 and at one point I was able to cut from MTC and once I upgraded I can no longer use it using the print feature. I may try again tonight and just take my time because I can't really remember what I did the 1st time to get it to work. Works fine with Corel Draw though, so I design in MTC, save as SVG and cut to Great Cut until I can figure out what I'm missing.
    image If you purchase Graphics Factory Membership please consider using my Affiliate Link. Thanks♪♥CherylC♥♪ - Gallery ID: 2836 Taylor Made Originals Shop | Crafting Blog | TMO FB Page | Baking Blog | Follow Me on Pinterest
  • IceBreakerIceBreaker Member Posts: 117
    I'm going to be getting an Expert 24 this coming week. So dont be surprised if i end up in here inquiring how to get it set up :)
    GCC Expert24LX
    Your gonna love your expert 24 icebreaker its a great machine.
  • IceBreakerIceBreaker Member Posts: 117
    *Sigh* still have to wait until Tuesday to get it. Was a backorder of them.
    But as of yesterday mine rolled off the line at GCC and should be here friday and then shipped in time for Monday/Tuesday at latest..cant wait :)

GCC Expert24LX
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!