We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Ongoing Cricut Design Space inferior access with instabilities, not being able to use my new Maker.

RenesysRenesys Member Posts: 1
I would just like to be able to use my Cricut Maker I bought 5 months ago and that I put in considerable investments back into the Cricut brand to try to trust the products again after I lost access to 118 cartridges when the stand alone cutting program lawsuit happened. 

Design Space is just not working, full of glitches, unreliable. Lack of programming expertise glaringly shows up to this 34 year computer expert. 

Frankly, not much has changed for this 12 year veteran of the Cricut products. Seeing countless customers of Cricut get let down as well, on all the Cricut related groups I am on confirms it is just not me. 

Open up the doors Ashish Arora and let your user base have standalone software again so that when a global change is made, most of your customers are NOT effected so negativity. They can’t use your machines reliably. Mine still is not cutting and functioning properly. 

You have to be very concerned about the severity of this situation of instability and realize countless customers have gone and bought the Silhouette Cameo product. 

No one brings up the glaring fact that when Cricut shuts off their servers for the last time, thousands of customers will be left with useless machines because we have no software to make the cutting machines cut. Your company is the only one trying to monopolize access by not allowing standalone software. 

To say that I am completely disappointed in the course this company has taken is an understatement. Doesn’t it bother you that those of us with a higher expertise rely on your competitor’s software to design things to use your cutters to cut because your Design Space product is inferior and unstable? 

Please fix this glaring bad press situation before it’s too late, well it probably is already too late.

Update:

After I posted this above to a post that Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc. CEO Ashish Arora  made about "being out on spring break and listening to 12 of his customers and making great new feature changes" my post was removed from Facebook the group Cricut Design Space, and I was promptly blocked. 

This is how he and his company are shutting down all the unhappy customers currently, his associates just block and dispute what thousands of unhappy customers are trying to point out these and many more glaring issues to him and his company. These are valid real concerns that every single person who drinks the Kool aide about Cricut and its inferior access Design Space should worry about.

And yes, I am in the market for a different cutting machine. 

Best Regards, 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,343
    @Renesys - whoa, buddy, you are venting in the wrong forum. This is the Make The Cut! software forum where we support users of the software called Make The Cut! and it's supported cutters. None of the Provo Craft cutters are supported. We are not affiliated with Provo Craft, nor do we wish to be. As a matter of fact they sued the developer of MTC a number of years ago, not just once, but twice. So while some here might be sympathetic, I am pretty sure whoever you were hoping to reach through this forum won't be seeing it. The best way to make your feelings felt is through your pocket book, which is the only thing that they understand.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,583
    You should check out the new Skycut line of cutters... they cut from like 5 different programs, have unbelievable print and cut capability and more models will be available in the USA starting in June.  Here's a link: https://plottergeeks.com/
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,132
    I have looked at the Maker from time to time due to the materials it can cut. The cloud based software and the company that makes it (ProvoCraft) stops me every time. I won't be suckered in to buying anything else from them. #ProvoCraftSucks

Live Love Craft