We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Can I upload a PNG file to the software as my final design?

HASmommaHASmomma Member Posts: 1
I have never used any vinyl cutter before; therefore I am not familiar with the software. If I create a design in another program (Adobe or Publisher), and save the finished design as a .PNG, can I upload the .PNG file to the Silhouette software to be printed? Or do I have to create it from the beginning in the Silhouette software? Any info and tips are much appreciated!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,075
    @HASmomma - welcome to the Make The Cut! forum, a place where we support users of the software Make The Cut! Make The Cut! will import png files for tracing so that you can cut the shape(s) or use in a print and cut application.

Silhouette Studio (not directly supported on this forum, although we have lots of Silhouette cutter users here) also supports png. You would open/import from the File menu option. If you are doing a print and cut application, you will need to know what else you have to do in order to do that.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,381
    DO you already have sil studio or are you researching before purchase ?
    Sil Studio Basic edition can be trailed free
    The software available for use with any cutter is a important factor in the decision

You can silhouette studio has a trace function as does most cutting software packages

Rule of thumb the better quality the image the better the trace
    small images often trace well I aim for above 600x400 pix
    I think PNG file with transparent background are quite easily to get a good trace

Often trace would be used to create cut line around or the idividual aprt of a raster image
    I really quick example of 2 of several trace option  the fish was a PNG with transparent background

A good page that seems to cover most thing silhouette is http://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!