We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Can I upload a PNG file to the software as my final design?

HASmommaHASmomma Member Posts: 1
I have never used any vinyl cutter before; therefore I am not familiar with the software. If I create a design in another program (Adobe or Publisher), and save the finished design as a .PNG, can I upload the .PNG file to the Silhouette software to be printed? Or do I have to create it from the beginning in the Silhouette software? Any info and tips are much appreciated!

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,744
    @HASmomma - welcome to the Make The Cut! forum, a place where we support users of the software Make The Cut! Make The Cut! will import png files for tracing so that you can cut the shape(s) or use in a print and cut application.

Silhouette Studio (not directly supported on this forum, although we have lots of Silhouette cutter users here) also supports png. You would open/import from the File menu option. If you are doing a print and cut application, you will need to know what else you have to do in order to do that.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,121
    DO you already have sil studio or are you researching before purchase ?
    Sil Studio Basic edition can be trailed free
    The software available for use with any cutter is a important factor in the decision

You can silhouette studio has a trace function as does most cutting software packages

Rule of thumb the better quality the image the better the trace
    small images often trace well I aim for above 600x400 pix
    I think PNG file with transparent background are quite easily to get a good trace

Often trace would be used to create cut line around or the idividual aprt of a raster image
    I really quick example of 2 of several trace option  the fish was a PNG with transparent background

A good page that seems to cover most thing silhouette is http://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files