NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

MTC USB Drivers [RESOLVED]

LuPreleLuPrele Posts: 5Member
edited December 2010 in Resolved Issues
I have been reading all of the discussions and trying everything to try and download the drivers to my computer. I have windows 7. I have spent hours and even asking a friend to help me and we still can't figure it out. Does anyone have the direct link with directions so that I can be able to use MTC with my Cricut
Thanks
Post edited by iggylover on

Comments

• CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Posts: 14,967Member
    edited November 2010
    I am going to assume you mean cricut drivers. If so you can get the complete tutorial for Cricut drivers and firmware here http://svgandmtcfiles.com/tutorials.php

Also I moved this to the Help category and I will delete the other one otherwise people get confused when they see double post. Most of us come in through discussions so we can see all the post anyway. :)

Welcome to MTC. If you have more problems just let us know!!!
    Post edited by CaseysAngel on
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/
    Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LuPreleLuPrele Posts: 5Member
    My Computer doesn't recognize the cricut. When I go to try and cut project it still comes up saying problem with driver. This is So Frustrating
  • judyx1343judyx1343 Posts: 681Member
    I don't have win. 7, but what is the error message. and is it from the cricut
    The first window that comes up says: Problem detected that needs to be fixed.
    Then the next window that appears says: Cricut error: unable to load drivers (FTD2XX.DLL)
    I have been trying for at least 2 days to figure out how to get this to work
  • AndyAndy Posts: 4,449Administrator
    What I would do is download Cricut DesignStudio and install it. You are going to need the firmware updates anyway.

http://content.cricut.com/b/downloads/software/DesignStudio/Setup.exe

This may get your computer to see your Cricut.

If that doesn't do it, you should try downloading the Beta version 3.0 of MTC and running the driver update from that version.

http://www.make-the-cut.com/setup/MTCInstall3.0.0.exe
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
    Finally!!!!! Yeah When I ordered the program in June I became to frustrated. Now trying again I am glad I joined the Forum. Thank You. The CD that was sent to me was an old version. Updating to the new version finally downloaded the correct drivers I needed. I only wish I was sent the correct version to begin with. Would have saved me so much time.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 4,449Administrator
    3.0 is a beta version... meaning that it isn't official and no one has it yet. You were sent the release version 2.3.2. Everyone gets that version. Even if you purchase tomorrow, you will end up getting 2.3.2 and not 3.0
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • LittleMissSassyLittleMissSassy Posts: 13Member
    Thank you for the link to d/l the drivers!! It was the first thing I was looking for this morning :)
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Posts: 14,967Member
    yea until version 3.1 comes out, 2.3.2 is technically the latest version as 3.0 is in BETA. Now it is AMAZING and I would suggest you download it. Andy has a link at the top of the forum (it's free of course as all upgrades to MTC are) as it is an AMAZING program.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/
    Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CorgiCorgi Posts: 3Member
    edited December 2010
    hi all, i'm a completely frustrated new member to this forum. i was so happy to discover all the links on this page because i was having the same cricut driver download problems mentioned here. i got to step 11 and FAIL! the design studio refuses to recognize my cricut. tells me my USB drivers are out of date or installed incorrectly. i went to microsoft.com to see if i could find an update to download and don't understand any of what i read.

if someone knows of a safe place from which to download a USB driver update or any other suggestions, i'd be most appreciative.

thanks!!
    Corgi (aka 'another Dolores')
    Post edited by Corgi on
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    Corgi,

Step two was to update your drivers... if you have 3.0 Beta (found in an "Announcement" thread on the first page of the forum) ....then 'Help', 'Advanced', 'Download Drivers' will get you the absolute latest drivers.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

• debemacdebemac Posts: 116Member
    I love the MTC software and recently downloaded the Beta 3.0. Awesome!!! I can cut to my Cricut and am amazed at the process. I own an eCraft and have since July. I was one of the first to receive. The software will not let me import any SVGs or any other images except what I own on their SD card. eCraft does not know how to fix my problem. My vote is to pay extra and have MTC work on my eCraft. I like the machine and I know Craftwell is trying but I have been waiting 5 months and still am unable to use.
  • TylerTyler Posts: 850Member
    After installing drivers, it is also often important to reboot your computer. Just a side note...
    Crafting Supplies for your Die Cutting Machine!

Cutting with the new Silver Bullet!
  • SydneysMomSydneysMom Posts: 1,860Member
    My issue when I couldn't get my netbook connected to my Cricut was because I was using a 1.0 USB cable and my netbook needed a 2.0 USB cable. I believe I had the same errors as you did and it wasn't because the drivers weren't installing properly.
    *** 24 Inch Black Cat Cougar For Sale – SOLD
    *** Silhouette SD For Sale - Please PM me if interested ***
    thanks all! i'm back to start over and try again.

@tyler - did the reboots when instructed
    @cricutnewbie - purely by chance, my usb cable is 2.0
    hence my frustration~

@jeanette -i've downloaded v3 and will return to step 2 (i'm downtown LA, you'll hear the screaming if it doesn't work!)
    Well...I'm glad you're close to me, but I hope I don't hear you screaming. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :-D :-h
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

• SydneysMomSydneysMom Posts: 1,860Member
    edited December 2010
    Sorry Corgi. I hope you get it fixed. This is a long shot but is your computer older than a few years? Perhaps you need a 1.0 USB. On one laptop I have to use a 1.0 USB but on my netbook I use a 2.0. Doesn't hurt to try. I'm not a computer person so I can only suggest simple fixes.
    Post edited by SydneysMom on
    *** 24 Inch Black Cat Cougar For Sale – SOLD
    *** Silhouette SD For Sale - Please PM me if interested ***
    OMG, it worked!! i was writing an 'i give up' comment and decided to try it one more time and OMG, it worked!! LOL

thank you thank you thank you!!! for ALL the fixes.
    @cricutnewbie - simple fixes are important when the process is complicated 'cuz they can be overlooked.
    edited December 2010
    WooHoo!!!!!

So glad for both of you! :-D

I'll mark this as [RESOLVED] now. :)
    Post edited by iggylover on

Frustrated AGAIN!!!!! Computer Crashed and came back to fix my MTC Program. Now how do you download the firmware or drivers. Since the link Andy sent me before is unvalid...HELP!!!! UGH....I didn't save them becuase I thought I could always just come right back to where I got them before
    LuPrele,

The FTDI drivers are found through MTC, 'Help' tab, 'Advanced', Download FTDI...

• jujubjujub Posts: 5Member
    HELP!!!! I have Windows Vista on my desktop. I also had my hard drive go but had downloaded MTC on my laptop (win 7) to use with my c***** cake so I was able to get the latest version on the new harddrive. I have v.3.2.1 of MTC and I too was afraid to update but after reading the forums decided to go ahead & update v.3.3.2 but now I can't get my c***** expre**ion to cut with either version. I checked to see if I had the Plugins folder, which I did but when I opened it is was only a read file & no dll file. I've downloaded latest version of firmware using c***** design studio, downloaded the drivers FTDI D7XXX driver & CUTOK driver within v3.3.2, tried the Print Winframe only on the printer but still no luck. I'm frustrated because I hardly ever use the c***** cartridges & depend on MTC because its unlimited to what you can do. MTC is the best thing that you have created but right now I hope that I haven't lost it all. Please help me figure this out.
    I have rebooted several times also.
  • debzdebz Posts: 3,304Member
    First, make sure you have the Cricut option under the "cut with" menu. If you don't, you are missing the driver. You need pccplugin.dll to use the Cricut.
    Deb
    http://krapikreate.wordpress.com/
    Cutting with 24" KNK Maxx, Silhouette SD, Expression, Cameo, and Zing
    Team KNK Designer
  • jujubjujub Posts: 5Member
    I don't have the cri**** "cut with" anymore, only cut preview & cut with other plotters? How do I go about getting the pccplugin.dll?
  • HelenHelen Posts: 1,787Member
    edited July 2011
    C, 86x program files, make the cut. Your plugins folder will be there, just copy and paste the entire plugin folder into MTC Folder.
    Post edited by Helen on
    Hellie0h-Central Ohio Gallery # 9914
    What Will YOU Do, With Your One And Only Life
  • MrsEveyMrsEvey Posts: 3Member
    I have an older version of MTC I want to back it up in case my computer dies. How can I make sure I have all the files I need so that if I have to reinstall after a crash it will still work? I do not want to upgrade.
    @MrsEvey,

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, to back up the program, find the MTC.exe file (probably in "Downloads", and right-click "copy" it, then burn it onto a CD, save it on a thumb drive, change the .exe ending and email it to yourself and then right-click 'rename' it and add the .exe ending back... and of course the obvious one, copy it and paste it into a back-up hard drive. :p

This discussion has been closed.