NEW SOFTWARE RELEASED! - Popup Card Studio v1.0.1
Click here to learn more!

Christmas Gifts - Chargers, Tray, Etched Mirror, Floating Frame

Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Posts: 556Member
edited November 2010 in Your Masterpieces
I've been a busy girl this week. ;o) (click on photos to view larger images)

Some of Mom's gifts:
Serving Tray

Charger - Christmas

Charger - Thanksgiving

For my FIL:
Floating Frame

50th Anniversary for my Parents:
Etched Mirror
Thanks!
Sheri
Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00.

(The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)

Comments

• jtrranchesjtrranches Posts: 2,631Member
    Those are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She will surely love them.
    Terina Reynolds
    Always remember, "It's a good life if you don't weaken!"
    img src="
    September 11th, 2001 Anniversary Countdown Banner
  • scrappinwithzscrappinwithz Posts: 2,704Member
    Great job!!! Reminds me I have some of those chargers stuffed into my closet...hmmm.

Z
    My blog: http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
    Zenita S.--Dexter, MO-- Cougar!!!
    affiliate for MTC
    affiliate for Lettering Delights
  • K_leeK_lee Posts: 6,411Member
    Beautiful! I just cut that santa too, seems mine needs to be fixed, some of the swirls are very iffy, and was hard to weed.................
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
  • neldanelda Posts: 11,637Moderator
    Wow! You have been busy. I am busy making trivets made from 6x6 tiles to give as gifts for Christmas.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/
    Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit!
    Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • iggyloveriggylover Posts: 11,513Moderator
    Fabulous!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jeanette in Orange County, CA
    Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy
    Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera

• CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Posts: 14,967Member
    oh my gosh you crafted!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you iggy and they look GREAT!!!!!!!!
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/
    Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mommahobbitmommahobbit Posts: 3,022Member
    edited November 2010
    oh my gosh you crafted!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you iggy and they look GREAT!!!!!!!!
    Christy....

ummmm, no....

Sheri did these...
    Post edited by iggylover on
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

:)

I'm too busy today getting these congested lungs to keep breathing while trying to stop the coughing... :(

• deepcdiverdeepcdiver Posts: 106Member
    They look fantastic! I love the mirror!!
    -Anna

• twiggytwiggy Posts: 484Member
    I love the tray!! Sheri - is that vinyl on there?
  • StephPStephP Posts: 955Member
    Those chargers are way cool!
  • Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Posts: 556Member
    I love the tray!! Sheri - is that vinyl on there?
    Yes ma'am it is! Gold and Silver.

Thanks!
    Sheri

(The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
  • tlrowleytlrowley Posts: 60Member
    Wow, you've been busy creating beautiful things. They are really lovely and I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled.

Tracey
  • MichelleMyBelleMichelleMyBelle Posts: 4,349Member
    beautiful projects!
    The "BUG" has been Devoured by my new Black Cat!!!! Woohoo 6/3/2012
    Blog: http://www.michellemybellecreations.com/
    Design Team Leader For:: http://www.scrappydew.com/
    Affiliate For: image

• kr84u2kr84u2 Posts: 147Member
    those are all very beautiful!

(what is a charger?)
    When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
    cricut expression
  • SydneysMomSydneysMom Posts: 1,860Member
    edited November 2010
    Sheri - beautiful work! did you cut that with your E or your Robo?
    Post edited by SydneysMom on
    *** 24 Inch Black Cat Cougar For Sale – SOLD
    *** Silhouette SD For Sale - Please PM me if interested ***
    Cricut Newbie, I cut the Thanksgiving charger plate with my CR but everything else was cut with my E.
    Thanks!
    Sheri

• corwinscorwins Posts: 1,837Member
  • cindybakercindybaker Posts: 703Member
    how did you do the every knee shall bow? is it vinyl on the glass or under the glass with pop dots? Cindy
  • paupau04paupau04 Posts: 4,773Member
    Love those, great job. That P and tree are gorgeous.

I've been trying to track down that Santa file since last year. Can anyone share?
    Who's sorry now?...Hell hath no fury as a crafter scorned!!!

http://sitstayscrap.blogspot.com/
  • K_leeK_lee Posts: 6,411Member
    i found it at smartbuygal forum........but mine cut iffy, did you have problems with it Sheri, or did you fix the file somehow, your's turned out beautiful.......
    K_lee's Krafting Niche'
  • amaslpamaslp Posts: 268Member
    edited November 2010
    Love all the gifts you made!!! Beautiful work! Just saw some chargers today at Michael's for $1.99 and wondered what I could do with them. Your Christmas tree tray and mirror are amazing!!

Yes, and please tell, how did you do the mirror?

Ann
    Post edited by amaslp on
    Ann A. South FL

Photobucket
  • Beanie_ID62Beanie_ID62 Posts: 3,776Member
    Beautiful
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    how did you do the every knee shall bow? is it vinyl on the glass or under the glass with pop dots? Cindy
    Cindy it's vinyl on the glass. Glass is glued to the frame with hot glue gun. Easy peasy.
    Love those, great job. That P and tree are gorgeous.

I've been trying to track down that Santa file since last year. Can anyone share?
    Thanks! The Santa file came from Kim on www.smartbuygal.com. She shared it with a few of us but has now opened her own online store. You can get it from her at her store: Creative Bling Vinyl Designs
    Love all the gifts you made!!! Beautiful work! Just saw some chargers today at Michael's for $1.99 and wondered what I could do with them. Your Christmas tree tray and mirror are amazing!!

Yes, and please tell, how did you do the mirror?

Ann
    Thanks! I created a stencil in vinyl, put it on the mirror and used Armor Etch to chemically etch the image.
    Thanks!
    Sheri

• CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Posts: 14,967Member

Christy....

ummmm, no....

Sheri did these...
    Dang, I keep looking at the last post and thinking it's who started the tread. Gotta get use to this new forum I tell ya.LOL

and what's with the umm no. You not creating.LOL

Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/
    Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FawnFawn Posts: 180Member
    Ohhhh, really, really need to try vinyl....these are very inspiring pieces! I esp. like the reminder that Thanksgiving is coming up (can't believe some stores are already promoting their Black Friday sales that start on Thanksgiving! Yikes!).
    Yep. Some stores here are already offering "black Friday" pricing on some items. It just comes SOOOOoooo fast.
    Thanks!
    Sheri

• skhoardskhoard Posts: 6Member
    Sheri,

Very nice chargers & tray! Would you be willing to share the files for the tree & cornicopia?
    Sure! Both were free to me. The cornucopia I found on the internet later so I'm SURE it's okay. The tree has been passed around on another MB and posted publicly with no restrictions that I'm aware of so I think it's okay too. They were both given to me as .svg files and I converted them to .mtc.

I broke the tree in layers so if you want it all one color again, just join them all together.
    mtc
    mtc
    Christmas Tree Silver Gold.mtc
    mtc
    mtc
    Cornucopia.mtc
    Thanks!
    Sheri

Sheri,

I cannot open these 2 files as .mtc or .svg. I am still using version 2.3.2 of Make the Cut, so could that be the problem?
    Yes, it could. I'll post them again as .svg files. That should fix it. However, the tree is one single layer as .svg.
    svg
    svg
    christmas tree2.svg
    svg
    svg
    Cornucopia.svg
    Thanks!
    Sheri

Thanks so much Sheri! I was able to view them now as .svg files.
    Excellent! Glad to help.
    Thanks!
    Sheri

• tynmicsmomtynmicsmom Posts: 26Member
    sheri they are absolutly beautiful!!
    Bonnie
  • cmargmcmargm Posts: 569Member
    These are just wonderful! Did the "Santa" take long to cut with the 'E'?
    Thank you both!

Actually, I had it on the slowest speed so that it would cut more cleanly. So yes, it did take a bit of time. I don't recall exactly how much but it is a lot of cutting.
    Thanks!
    Sheri

• karen3912karen3912 Posts: 3,182Banned
    Gorgeous, really loved the first and last ones the best but they are all lovely.
  • bobbijbobbij Posts: 25Member
    Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing
  • JackintheboxJackinthebox Posts: 269Member
    Oh the serving tray is gorgeous! Great Job!
    Cutting with a Cameo
  • Mary212Mary212 Posts: 1,399Member
    @Sheri-in-TX Your gifts are so pretty. What font did you use for the mirror? That mirror was beautiful!
  • CohensLollieCohensLollie Posts: 99Member
    All are beautiful! I especially loved the mirror. May I ask what font you used? Thanks.
  • QuicklabsQuicklabs Posts: 558Member
    Absolutely stunning! The recipients of your gifts will be thrilled to receive such works of art.
  • knkloverknklover Posts: 878Member
    Very nice!
  • sewsewgoodsewsewgood Posts: 441Member
    Every thing is wonderful!!
  • sandyksandyk Posts: 251Member
    Lovely job.
    Sandy
  • mary_kobemary_kobe Posts: 491Member
    I would love to have the Santa file. Does anyone have it?

thanks!
    I have reached the point in my life where I have become a snapdragon.....parts of me have snapped and the others are draggin' !
  • BerryoneBerryone Posts: 4,888Member
    edited November 2011

Thanks! The Santa file came from Kim on www.smartbuygal.com. She shared it with a few of us but has now opened her own online store. You can get it from her at her store: Creative Bling Vinyl Designs
    Post edited by Berryone on
  • colbyscraftymomcolbyscraftymom Posts: 382Member
    the Santa file is actually an inkadinkado rubber stamp image. If you google Santa stamp it comes up and given how great the latest MTC version is, you could get a great trace of it to replicate the file
    Michele with one “l” in Maryland
    SAHM to one son and a Zing (yet to be named)
    crapcut has left the building...yay
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Posts: 2,814Member

I too am trying to find the Santa file that will cut well. Let me know if you find one that cuts well. I had a couple last year but the quality was so poor I think I deleted them.

This discussion has been closed.