We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

A special request.....

twiggytwiggy Member Posts: 484
edited September 2010 in Challenges
I know that I have not been on here much lately due to personal reasons. However......

I have a dear friend who is going through a rough time with both his step-father and father. His name is Brian Beaver. Wally Beaver is his father and has been been diagnosed with liver disease and they are also testing him for colon and/or stomach cancer. They are not expecting him to last much longer. Greg Thompson, his step-father, has been in and out of the hospital with multiple seizures - not sure what is causing them.

Their addresses are:

Brian Beaver & Michelle Rosson
23583 Struwin Road, Battle Creek, MI 49017

Wally and Ann Beaver
620 Sandlewood, Galesburg, MI 49053-9648

Greg and Jean Thompson
12689 M 96, Augusta, MI 49012-9605

If anyone could take a moment to sent cards of encouragement I would greatly appreciate it. Our thoughts and prayers are with Brian, Wally, Greg and their families to get them through this rough time.

Thank you!

Debi

Comments

• iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Oh,

How difficult for them!

Thoughts and prayers going there way...I may even get around to cards too! (How about that!?)
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    Will do my best. Overloaded with the wedding right now but maybe after Saturday. If not I"ll buy some!!!!!!! I need to go to the Christian Bookstore anyway!
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lindacrew4_ID713Lindacrew4_ID713 Member Posts: 4,537
    twiggy I have a few I can send out, in the am
  • madeleinemadeleine Member Posts: 135
    Cards should be ready for post tomorrow.

Madeleine
  • twiggytwiggy Member Posts: 484
    Sorry it should be Brian not brain! Sorry !
  • twiggytwiggy Member Posts: 484
    I fixed it on the top post - thanks Iggylover !

Thanks everyone for thinking about them in your prayers!

Debi
  • AngryBeaverUSMCAngryBeaverUSMC Member Posts: 1
    Google leads me in the greatest places. Wally Beaver was my Dad, my hero! I am Cale, Brian's younger Brotha from anotha mutha. I still find things about our Dad online. Which is so crazy, he rarely touched the computer. It's nice for me to find, read, and thank you people for going above and beyond to ease my family's pain. It's been over a year now and it seems like yesterday he was bringing me home from the airport coming back off a tough deployment to OIF. He called me his hero. In my eyes, and most everyone I know he was OUR HERO. We miss him and life will never be the same without him but, it must go on. The cows don't care what day it is. I love you Dad,
    Cale.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,097
    edited November 2011
    Cale - we are sorry for your loss last year. Thank you for your service to our country and protecting all of us. I lost my Dad 20 years ago this year - he was only 52. You are right, you will all miss him, life will never be the same without him but life does go on and as time passes you remember the good memories not the ones dealing with the illness and pain! God bless your family!
    Post edited by MeFlick on
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Cale,

MeFlick said it so well... sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to find this posting and see that other people had your family in their thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your service for all of us, your Dad must have been a great man to raise a son like you. God bless and keep you and your family as you go through the holiday season without your Dad...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
This discussion has been closed.