We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Problem with CDS after installing IE7 and new MTC

susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Member Posts: 2,919
edited January 2010 in General
Hi I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. After installing IE7 to fix the problem with downloads in the Gallery, I cannot start my trial version of CDS. I simply get a Windows error that says Cricut Design Studio has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the CDS several times now and cannot get it to start. (I have even downloaded a fresh copy)

I looked at the trace.txt file under the Cricut user directory and it has the following code:
CP 0001
CP 0002
Not found

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks
Susan

Comments

• GaTechGalGaTechGal Member Posts: 898
    I'm not having that trouble. Hmm. You might try contacting PC (yeah I know what a pain) but I don't think I'd mention MTC.
  • SharonS_579SharonS_579 Member Posts: 167
    I get that same error with the full version of MTC, but I am on Windows XP. I finally submitted a support ticket to ProvoCraft and got an email saying they got it and someone would contact me in 3 days - haven't heard anything yet.
    Sharon Greenwood, Indiana
  • susan_ID2293susan_ID2293 Member Posts: 2,919
    Hi - I am also on XP. I went back and removed IE 7 and MTC and still had the same problem. Also the MTC uninstall did not work, so I had to try and manually find all the program files.

I then tried to reinstall CDS. It worked once and then I started getting the error messages again.

I am now going to go back and restore my computer to Dec 1 - before I did anything Cricut or MTC related and then see what happens.

I also looked at the Cricut message board and others are having the same problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!