We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Problems getting Cricut Design Space to layout my SVG file properly

ericDericD Member Posts: 1
I was using a first generation cricut with sure-cuts-a-lot to cut vinyl up until a month ago when it finally died on me.  My wife bought a brand new Explore Air2 so I figured I would just use that.  I figured out how to get into the Cricut Design Space online app and was able to import one of my SVG files that I was using in sure-cuts-a-lot.  Then the pain began.

First the SVG file didn't import as the correct size.  It was really really small.  I was able to work that out by going back to the original graphic and getting the size but still what a pain.

Second I go click on the Make It button and my SVG file is all broken up and arranged along the top of the adhesive cutting mat.  And to make matters worse it separated two triangles that were setup such that one would cut inside the other so I would have triangle with a border.  Instead I ended up with two different sized triangles :(  This problem is killing me and I can't find anything on the Cricut site related to this issue.  All I want is to be able to upload an SVG image and then place it on the mat and have it cut it where it is.  I don't see why that's so hard.  Is it because it's an SVG file?  I could do something else I just don't know what would work.

Thanks,

Eric

Comments